So what mosquito repellent should you buy for your baby? There are so many natural mosquito repellents for babies and kids so it can be difficult to choose the best one. I put together this quick guide on how to safely and naturally keep mosquitoes from biting your baby when you don’t have access to chemical-based bug spray. As a parent, you want to ensure the health and safety of your baby. One way of doing this is by preventing mosquito bites from happening. Mosquitoes can easily spread diseases such as malaria, dengue fever or zika virus. The best mosquito repellents for babies are ones that are safe for them to use and don’t contain harsh chemicals that can hurt their skin. Mosquito repellent for babies: No one likes mosquitoes and all the diseases they carry, so it’s important to take precautions against being bitten. Mosquitoes are considered to be one of the deadliest animals on earth with around two million people dying from mosquito bites annually.
- Premium Baby Insect Repellent. More than a mosquito repellent for kids, this fast absorbing spray can also repel biting flies, ticks, and fleas.
- Full Body Protection. This plant based bug spray can be sprayed over arms, legs, and exposed skin, as well as external clothing and layers.
- No harsh Chemicals. Protecting your baby is as important to you as it is to us, which is why our bug repellent contains no DEET or other harsh chemicals.
- Pure, plant based Ingredients. We only use pure essential oils in our formula, including lemongrass, cedar, and citronella, for true cruelty free protection.
- Unbeatable Quality Assurance. As a brand trusted by parents all over, we aim to provide you with the fastest, most reliable product and customer support possible.
Additional Info :
- 30 Hours of Mosquito Protection: A citrusy blend of rosemary, peppermint, and lemongrass oils smell great while allowing you to sit back and relax bite free for up to 30 hours.
- Harness the Power of Nature: We use a combination of plant-based repellent oils that other manufacturers tend to overlook, to provide you with the best mosquito protection
- Five Key Plant-Based Repellent Oils: Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil, Citronella Oil, Lemongrass oil, Cedarwood Oil
- 100% Soy and Beeswax Blend: Responsibly sourced natural waxes that provide an even and clean burn
- No Petroleum, No Palm Wax, No Parabens, No Synthetic Fragrances
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- All Natural Bug Repellent: Our extra gentle formula contains non-GMO therapeutic grade essential oils like geranium and certified organic castor and soybean oils. Perfect for sensitive skin and babies’ skin. Keep the bugs away from your little ones on your next outdoor adventure
- Family Friendly: Protect your whole family with our baby safe, natural bug spray. Great for travel, camping, hiking, fishing, summer adventures, and days spent in the mountains with your kids. Our natural baby bug repellent is independently lab tested for efficacy
- Easy Application: No aerosol here – simply “shake and spray” from head to toe, avoiding eyes, mouth, and hands. Our bottle is recyclable, convenient for frequent applications and the 4 ounce size easily fits into purses, diaper bags, backpacks, and pockets for traveling
- Safe and Gentle: Perfect for babies (6+ months), toddlers, children, pregnant/nursing mothers, and easily irritated skin. Protect your baby’s skin and health with Baby Bug Ban. Our bug guard spray won’t stain clothing and is safe to use on delicate, soft skin
- Fresh Floral Scent: Amazing floral scent that you and your baby will love and bugs will hate! Non-irritating, non-greasy, 100% plant-based, vegan, and cruelty-free formula. No DEET, Permethrin, clove, eugenol, alcohol or synthetics. Made in the USA
Additional Info :
- Durable and Eco-Friendly: This economic package includes 12pack colourful mosquito repellent bracelets and 24pcs cute mosquito repellent stickers. The bracelets are made of silicone which is durable, strong, colorful, reusable, waterproof, soft and lightweight. You won’t even notice you’re wearing it so comfortable! Good design for waterproof ring, you can enjoy playing water or swimming there are no limits!
- Safe and Non-Toxic: The mosquito repellent bands are made of Natural Plant-Based Ingredients Oil such as Geraniol, Lemon Grass and Citronella Essential Oil. Also they are Non-Toxic, None chemicals, DEET Free and Safe for children, baby, pets, adults even pregnant women. Keep the mosquitoes away from your life.
- One Size Fits All: This insect repellent bracelet is fully stretchy and easily fits for your family both kids and adults, adjustable to all size and comfortable to wear on your wrist or ankle. It is portable fashionable, you can simply hang bracelet on just about anywhere such as backpacks, strollers and lot more. Also can be pasted the stickers on kid’s hats, bags, skirts, socks, cuffs, collars, etc.
- Long Time Effective Protection: Each insect repellent band could protect you last UP to 300 hours outside, with 24pcs stickers for maximum protection. Enough for a long holiday trip, let you do whatever you like. Perfect for indoor or outdoor activities like reading, sleeping, watching TV, gardening, walking, running, golfing, grilling, picnics, camping, hiking, climbing, hunting, fishing, traveling, etc.
- Say Goodbye to Mosquitoes: We want to help you keep mosquitoes away from your life. These insect repellent wristbands are very convenient and effective mosquito repellent method for outdoor activities. These mosquito repellent wristbands are not a health hazard and safe for people and pet.
Additional Info :
Baby Safe Mosquito Repellent
Natural mosquito repellents often use essential oils such as citronella, clove, rosemary and lemon eucalyptus.
Natural mosquito repellents often use essential oils such as citronella, clove, rosemary and lemon eucalyptus. While these are all natural and relatively safe for adults, they’re not necessarily safe for babies.
Essential oils can be absorbed through the skin when applied directly to the skin or clothing. They also can be inhaled in large amounts if used in a diffuser or sprayer (see below). You should avoid using essential oils on or near your baby if you aren’t 100% sure about their safety—even if the label says it’s OK for children ages 2+.
Remember that natural does not mean safe for babies.
A word of caution: essential oils are not regulated by the FDA, and babies have a much different reaction to them than adults. Some essential oils (including lavender) have been linked to toxicity in infants and children when applied topically. Because of this, experts recommend against using them on newborns or young children. Babies also metabolize essential oils much more slowly and less effectively than adults do because they have a higher ratio of skin to body weight, meaning that it takes longer for the chemical to be processed by their bodies. A baby’s skin is also much thinner and more permeable than an adult’s, so chemicals can be absorbed into the bloodstream much faster when applied directly onto it.
Babies are not only more sensitive to essential oils but also react differently than adults.
Babies are not only more sensitive to essential oils but also react differently than adults. A baby’s skin is thinner, and they cannot deal with the toxic effects of some essential oils as well as an adult. Babies may have allergic reactions to certain essential oils. Some babies may be more likely to absorb certain ingredients through their skin, which can make them more vulnerable to side effects. This can lead to serious complications in some cases, including death if precautions aren’t taken!
Commercial products that have been tested and have received government approval, such as DEET or picaridin, will be safer than trying to make your own repellent.
While it’s true that many commercial mosquito repellents contain DEET, that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe. Commercial products that have been tested and have received government approval, such as DEET or picaridin, will be safer than trying to make your own repellent.
The composition of commercial products is well-known, and their effects on humans can be studied extensively. This means that you’re more likely to find a product that works for you than if you tried to make your own at home with ingredients purchased from an unknown source (or even worse: from the internet!).
Avoid repellents and pesticides that contain pyrethrins or pyrethroids because they are neurotoxins.
Pyrethrins and pyrethroids are neurotoxins that affect the central nervous system. If you have children, be especially careful to avoid products containing these substances. However, if you do use a product containing a neurotoxin like pyrethrin or permethrin, the following safety precautions can help protect your baby:
- Do not use this product on children under 6 months old.
- Do not apply to skin; spray only into clothes or soft fabric upholstery.
- Avoid breathing fumes from sprayed areas for at least 1 hour after spraying (and then ventilate).
Less is more when applying a repellent product to infants and children.
While DEET is effective at repelling mosquitoes, it can be absorbed through the skin and may cause short-term health effects.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you use less than 10% DEET on clothing for infants older than two months.
Apply insect repellent sparingly to your child’s exposed skin, and avoid the face, eyes and mouth.
Make the right choice for your baby when it comes to mosquito repellent
- Use the right concentration of essential oils.
- Apply around the ankles and wrists, and on the neck. Avoid applying to your baby’s face; if you do happen to get it there, wipe off immediately with a damp cloth. If you rub on clothes or bedding, make sure they’re washed before wearing or using them again (you don’t want your little one inhaling essential oils). Do not apply to skin under clothes; instead concentrate on areas that are exposed such as arms and legs when outside playing in grassy areas where mosquitoes may bite (especially if near standing water). Do not use on babies under 6 months old because their skin is sensitive enough without adding any extra chemicals into the mix!