Baking Soda is an amazing natural remedy for bed bug bites. Baking Soda has a soothing effect on the skin and alleviates the itching and pain caused by bed bugs. You can also use Listerine mouthwash or soda bicarbonate mix to get rid of the smell of bed bugs. Did you know that baking soda can get rid of bed bug bites? Yep, it’s true. Baking soda is a natural odor remover for laundry, fabric freshener and even a cleaner for your home’s floors. If baking soda can help with all these things, maybe you should try using baking soda on bed bug bites to see if it helps to reduce the swelling and itching. Bed bugs are an inconvenient and difficult situation. But when the bites come, you must do something to lessen the swelling and itchiness. This is a method that I’ve used to get rid of bed bug bites quickly with baking soda.
Baking Soda On Bed Bug Bites
What are bed bug bites?
Bedbug bites can be itchy, irritating and sometimes difficult to diagnose. Bedbugs are small, flat and brownish in colour. They’re typically found in bedding or mattresses but can also be found in other places around your home such as behind light switches and electrical outlets.
What does a bed bug bite look like?
Bed bug bites tend to appear in a line or cluster, not scattered around the body.
They are usually red, with an itchy bump that can get larger after being scratched by the person who has been bitten.
If you have multiple bites in one area, they may look similar to hives or mosquito bites. Bed bugs also tend to bite in areas of exposed skin (i.e., where clothing is not covering), such as arms and legs (or toes).
Why does baking soda work on bed bug bites?
Baking soda is a natural antacid and anti-inflammatory. It helps with itching, swelling, and redness while also helping to stop bacteria from growing and spreading. This makes baking soda an excellent choice for treating bed bug bites.
Baking soda paste
It is possible to apply baking soda directly to the skin. Baking soda can be mixed with water or apple cider vinegar to create a paste that can be applied directly to the skin, but this method may cause irritation. If you want to use baking soda in this way, dilute it with plenty of water before using.
Do not apply baking soda directly from its container onto your skin; add some water first!
Baking soda and water soak
To do a baking soda and water soak, you’ll need to:
- Soak a cotton ball in water, then press it against the affected area for 10-15 minutes. The liquid will help dissolve any dead skin cells that are causing irritation and itchiness, while the baking soda will neutralize any acidity in your bites.
Baking soda and apple cider vinegar soak
Baking soda and apple cider vinegar soak is a great way to help relieve the itching and swelling associated with bed bug bites. The mixture can be used for both adults and children, but it’s important that you make sure the solution does not dry out before you’re done soaking. You can add other ingredients or herbs to your bath if you like as well!
To make this soak, combine 2 cups of water with 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar in a tub filled with warm water. Soak yourself in the tub for 20 minutes at least three times per day until your skin feels better—you’ll know when this happens because the itching will stop!
Baking soda is an easy and effective way to treat bed bug bites.
Baking soda is an easy and effective way to treat bed bug bites. It is inexpensive, simple to use and safe for everyone, including children. Baking soda can also be used as a natural deodorizer that has many other uses around your home or even in the garden.
Baking soda comes in many forms including powder and liquid. You will want to buy a large container of baking soda that you can mix with water when needed. If you have small children or pets at home make sure they do not eat raw baking soda because it could cause serious stomach problems for them!
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Natural Product – Composed of 4lbs of 100% ground freshwater diatomaceous earth with absolutely no additives or fillers.
- OMRI Listed – Listed with the Organic Minerals Research Institute, a non-profit organization that reviews products against organic standards.
- Powder Duster Included – Powder duster in the bag for easy and efficient application of diatomaceous earth on animal feed
- Supports a Great Cause – Harris donates 10% of profits to support the local Etowah Valley Humane Society.
- Made in the USA – Mined in Nevada and packaged in Georgia
Additional Info :
- One Essential Solution: Aquaphor is one essential solution for many skin care needs; use on dry, cracked skin, as a lip moisturizer, facial moisturizer, hydrating mask, minor wound care and much more
- For Dry, Compromised Skin: This Aquaphor Healing Ointment is designed specifically for dry, compromised skin and clinically proven to restore smooth, healthy skin
- Convenient Replacement: Use Aquaphor Healing Ointment as a replacement for a foot cream or hand cream to help heal dry cracked hands, cuticles and feet
- Ideal for Healing: Different from a body lotion or cream, this ointment is water-free, and soothes skin while creating a protective barrier that allows for the flow of oxygen to create an ideal healing environment
- Includes one (1) 14 ounce jar of Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy Skin Protectant
Additional Info :
- Add a layer of protection to your clothing and gear with Permethrin insect and tick repellent spray — perfect for use on shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, boots, sleeping bags, tents, netting, when outdoors, camping, hunting, or on travel
- Ideal for backpacking, backyard BBQs, and other outdoor activities, it’s effective against more than 55 kinds of insects — from disease-spreading ticks (Lyme disease) and mosquitoes (West Nile and Zika viruses) to chiggers, spiders, mites, and more
- Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks or through 6 washings (whichever comes first) and won’t stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or outdoor gear; odorless after drying
- Reduce likelihood of a tick bite by 73.6 times by treating shoes and socks with Permethrin (University of Rhode Island study – 2017)
- 24-ounce trigger spray bottle treats five complete outfits (updated EPA dosage is 4.5 ounces per outfit consisting of shirt, pants, and socks); maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Picaridin topical repellent for the skin
Additional Info :