Have you ever dealt with an ant infestation? You probably know this, but ants are just the worst. If you come home from work and notice that your kitchen counter is crawling with ants — who are most likely coming up through a crack in your floor boards — then you should definitely reach for the baking soda or baby powder. (This might sound funny, but it’s true.) There are many remedies for getting rid of ants in your kitchen and home. In fact, it may sometimes seem like the more ways you read about there to defeat these pests, the more ants you see! What is an ant-phobic to do in a situation like this? I bet that is what you are saying right now. But before you go running off to buy that special ant killer, wait! There may be a better way to get rid of those pesky critters. When a pesky little ant lifts his leg to march across your kitchen counter it’s easy to just squish him. But what if the little guy was doing a dance because you had crumbs to wipe up? It would be tragic! This is why knowing how to get rid of ants is important. And if you’re looking for some easy ways to keep them away, look no further.
Baking Soda Or Baby Powder For Ants
Baking Soda And Water For Ants
To get rid of ants using baking soda and water, simply mix half a cup of baking soda with one quart of warm water in a spray bottle. Spray this solution on the ant-infested areas and leave it for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, wipe off the solution with a damp cloth. Repeat this process three to four times daily until all the ants are gone from your home.
Mix baking soda with water, put it in a spray bottle and spray all the ant-infested area. Leave the solution on for 15 minutes. Wipe the solution off.
- Mix baking soda with water, put it in a spray bottle and spray all the ant-infested area. Leave the solution on for 15 minutes.
- Wipe the solution off with a clean cloth or paper towel
Repeat this process 3 to 4 times daily till you get rid of ants completely.
Repeat this process 3 to 4 times daily till you get rid of ants completely. In some cases, it may take more than a week for the ants to go away.
If you want to speed up the process, mix baking soda with water and make a thick paste. Apply it around their nest, entry points, and trails.
Baby Powder For Ants
You will need:
- A cup of baby powder
- A funnel to pour the powder into a container
- Place the baby powder directly onto your ant problem area, like the kitchen counter or floor. Be careful not to get it on surfaces where you don’t want it, such as your furniture or carpeting.
- Shake off any excess powder after application and let sit overnight (or for 12 hours). This should kill the ants and prevent their return for up to two weeks!
Sprinkle the baby powder directly on them. You can also sprinkle it around their nests and entry points to prevent their return.
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
Use this remedy as many times as needed until you get rid of ants completely.
Once you have found a good baby powder, use it to keep ants at bay. Once you are done using the baby powder, wash your hands and the bowl that you used with warm soapy water. This ensures that no one in the house gets any kind of allergy from using this remedy for ants.
Use this remedy as many times as needed until you get rid of ants completely. Just remember to change your clothes if there is any suspicion of an ant infestation in your home, or if there are already some visible signs like trails on floor or walls etc., or if there are ants at a place where food is stored like kitchen cabinets etc.. You can also use baking soda instead of baby powder for similar results but baking soda is edible which means it is safer for pets who may accidentally eat it while exploring around their environment!
There are many ways to keep ants away from your house
There are many ways to keep ants away from your house:
- For example, you can use baby powder or baking soda sprinkled around the outside of the house. Baby powder has a pleasant smell that bugs find unappealing, while baking soda is a very alkaline substance that ants don’t like crawling on. Both are safe for pets and children (although I would not recommend using them in any situation where they might come into contact with eyes or mouth). If you have pets who like to roll around in the dirt, this method may not work as well because they will just bring it back inside with them on their fur!
- Another option is using sprays made specifically to repel ants in outdoor environments (like Ant-Guard). These sprays contain chemicals called pyrethrins which are derived from chrysanthemums–a common flower grown all over the world! If these products cause irritation when sprayed directly onto skin then try diluting them with water before applying directly onto surfaces where ants are present – this should help prevent any reactions from occurring when applied correctly.*(More information: Wikipedia)
- Attracts & Kills – Kills common household ants including acrobat, crazy, ghost, little black, odorous house, pavement, and other sweet-eating ants
- Kills the Ants You See & the Ones You Don’t – As worker ants discover the bait, they share it with the rest of the colony to eliminate them all
- Works Fast – You should see a significant decrease in the number of ants visiting the bait stations within just a few days
- Ready to Use – Place the bait stations, watch it attract ants, and eliminate the entire colony
- Use Throughout Your Home – Place stations near areas where you’ve seen ant activity including along baseboards, in corners, on counters, and more
Additional Info :
- BABY DUSTING POWDER: Pamper your baby’s skin from head to toe with this calming baby powder that will help keep skin soft, dry and comfortable
- LIGHTLY SCENTED: The mild, clean scent of this powder keeps your baby smelling fresh in-between diaper changes while soothing skin
- BABY SKIN CARE: This natural baby care provides gentle comfort and calming relief for diaper rashes and helps absorb dampness after bath time
- 100% NATURAL: Burt’s Bees dusting powder is talc-free with naturally absorbent Cornstarch and is formulated without parabens, phthalates, petrolatum or SLS
- PEDIATRICIAN TESTED: This hypo-allergenic dusting powder is clinically proven to be safe, effective and non-irritating to nurture baby’s delicate skin
Additional Info :
- King Arthur Black Cocoa Powder offers an intense, dark color and unsweetened chocolate flavors to your baked goods
- This black cocoa powder is Dutch-process and is known for giving cakes or cookies a signature dark look; it lends itself well to many chocolate recipes and produces consistent deliciousness that everyone can enjoy!
- Featuring a 14 oz resealable bag, which equates to about 4 cups of cocoa powder to use in your next chocolate inspired recipe!
- Founded in 1790, King Arthur is a 100% Employee-Owned Company, a founding B Corporation and the nation’s premier baking resource, offering everything from top-quality baking products to inspiring recipes
- We are King Arthur Baking Company. Our name and logo reflect who we’ve always been and always will be: bakers who are committed to spreading the simple joy of baking
- Produced on equipment that also processes eggs, milk, soy, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, and coconut.
Additional Info :
- 1.5-ounces of Johnson’s baby powder with naturally derived cornstarch, aloe, and vitamin E provides a gentle way to soothe your baby’s skin and leave it feeling soft and smooth
- Hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, and specially designed for baby’s delicate skin, this naturally derived cornstarch baby powder is clinically proven mild and 100% gentle
- This cornstarch powder quickly absorbs moisture, and is free of parabens, phthalates, dyes, and sulfates
- This naturally derived cornstarch baby powder is great for kids and adults too. Try it at the beach to help remove sand, or as a dry shampoo alternative for adults.
- For over 125 years, Johnson’s formulas have been specifically designed for baby’s delicate skin. To use, shake baby powder directly into your hand, away from the face, before smoothing onto the skin
Additional Info :
|Aloe & Vitamin E
- Caldesene Medicated Powder with Cornstarch and Zinc Oxide helps protect chafed skin
- 3-in-1 action soothes, absorbs and protects skin
- Ideal for the whole family – protects chafed skin and treats and prevents diaper rash
- Forms a protective barrier to repel moisture and help keep skin dry
- Gently apply powder to irritated area to seal out wetness to protect against chafed skin
Additional Info :