If you’ve ever been camping, hiking, or just in the backyard enjoying a nice summer night, you have experienced a mosquito invasion. If you have kids this is all too familiar. After trying many over the counter products that didn’t work I decided to look for something natural. Since I had already read about how basil repels mosquitoes, I decided to give it a try. The rest is history! Mosquitoes are problematic. There, I said it. Many people are quite attached to their repugnant nature and don’t want to hear it challenged. But they are! We’re not looking for a war here, just a way to reduce them as much as possible. Here’s how you can use basil to repel mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are in season and seems to be more annoying than ever. There is one natural herb that you can grow in your yard for mosquito repellent. The plant is called Basil and it is a proven way to repel mosquitos. The smell of basil is said to keep mosquitoes away, as well as other insects, like ants, yellow jackets, moths and flies. Using basil for mosquito repellent keeps the mosquito from biting you.
Basil As Mosquito Repellent
Growing Basil will keep mosquitoes away from you
Basil is a plant that you can grow in your garden and it will keep away mosquitoes. The basil plant has a strong aroma that repels mosquitoes and other pests.
Basil plants are easy to grow and maintain, making them an ideal choice for home gardens or outdoor spaces. Growing basil is also an inexpensive way of keeping mosquitoes away from you without using harmful chemicals or sprays on yourself, friends, family members or pets!
Use fresh or dried basil leaves to get the job done.
If you want to repel mosquitoes with basil, there are three main ways you can do it. First, you can plant fresh or dried basil in a container in your garden. Second, you can buy fresh or dried basil and put it in a vase on your patio or on the dining table. Lastly, you can use fresh or dried basil leaves when cooking to repel mosquitoes (and other insects) naturally.
Put this herb in a fire to keep mosquitoes away
- Make sure to use dried basil. Fresh is not as effective, but feel free to experiment.
- Use matches to light the pot and allow the flame to spread across it.
- Blow out that flame and let some smoke spread through your room or yard, depending on where you want to put this project into action. You can also stir around with a wooden spoon if you don’t want to blow on it yourself! The goal is simply for the smoke from burning basil plants to fill up an area so that mosquitoes are deterred from entering it—they’re sensitive creatures who don’t like smelling things they don’t recognize or aren’t used too much yet (like us humans). If you don’t have a fireproof pot set out for this project then try using a bowl of water nearby; just add fresh herbs into cold water before lighting them up!
Plant basil next to your tomato plants.
Planting basil next to your tomato plants will help repel mosquitoes from your garden. Basil plants love full sun and well-draining soil, so consider planting them in pots with drainage holes near one of the tomatoes. The smell of basil leaves can fill a room and is naturally unpleasant to mosquitoes, making it an excellent natural mosquito repellent.
Basil is also easy to grow and can be used in cooking as a culinary herb. If you don’t have space for a garden or pot, try planting some indoors: they thrive on windowsills!
Basil is a great repellent for skeeters.
If you are looking for a natural way to keep mosquitoes away, basil is an excellent option. The best way to use basil as mosquito repellent is by planting it in your garden or even on the patio near where you hang out. You can also grow it in pots and move them around with you as needed.
Plant your basil seeds directly into the ground after all danger of frost has passed or start them indoors under lights. Be sure they receive plenty of light so that they do not become leggy (tall and thin). When planted outdoors, plan on harvesting leaves three times during the growing season—once at each cutting for fresh use and twice for drying as an insect repellent.
- This item cannot be stored in Amazon warehouses due to active ingredient storage temperature requirements.
- Do-It-Yourself Mosquito Killer
- 100% American Made
- Place 4 tubes (2 boxes) per acre on your perimeter/property line (more than 4 tubes can be used).
- SPARTAN MOSQUITO PRO TECH IS NOT AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF California, and outside the United States
Additional Info :
- Add a layer of protection to your clothing and gear with Permethrin insect and tick repellent spray — perfect for use on shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, boots, sleeping bags, tents, netting, when outdoors, camping, hunting, or on travel
- Ideal for backpacking, backyard BBQs, and other outdoor activities, it’s effective against more than 55 kinds of insects — from disease-spreading ticks (Lyme disease) and mosquitoes (West Nile and Zika viruses) to chiggers, spiders, mites, and more
- Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks or through 6 washings (whichever comes first) and won’t stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or outdoor gear; odorless after drying
- Reduce likelihood of a tick bite by 73.6 times by treating shoes and socks with Permethrin (University of Rhode Island study – 2017)
- 24-ounce trigger spray bottle treats five complete outfits (updated EPA dosage is 4.5 ounces per outfit consisting of shirt, pants, and socks); maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Picaridin topical repellent for the skin
Additional Info :
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Created with you and your kids in mind. This mosquito repellant sticker is made with all natural, plant-based ingredients. BuzzPatch is non-toxic and DEET free and uses the most effective and safe essential oil combination.
- INSTANT, CONVENIENT, EFFECTIVE: Instant and most effective in the first 8 hours but continues to be effective for 24-72 hours. Long lasting, easy to apply, and environmentally friendly.
- KID FRIENDLY, PARENT APPROVED – Kids love the colorful, cute smiley patterns that are comfortable to wear and fast to apply. Parents love that they can keep their babies, toddlers, and kids protected without the harmful chemicals.
- MEDICAL GRADE ADHESIVE PATCHES – Non-woven fabric patches are medical grade and water-resistant. These pleasant smelling patches will be your new favorite for the whole family!
- MULTI USE FUNCTION – Perfect for babies, toddlers, kids, and adults. Convenient, small package is perfect for on the go and travel. Great for hiking, vacation, backyard, camping, patio, and parks. Protects day and night.
Additional Info :
- Quick acting formula
- EPA registered in all 50 states
- Available in a 30oz size
Additional Info :
- KILLS FAST: Kills mosquitoes, listed ant types, fleas and other listed insects
- QUICKFLIP HOSE-END SPRAYER: Hose-end-sprayer activates spray at the flip of a switch – just grip, flip and go
- LASTS ALL SUMMER: Controls up to 12 weeks against house crickets, carpenter ants, harvester ants, lady beetles and earwigs
- COVERAGE: Treats up to 5,000 square feet of lawn
- NO MIXING REQUIRED: Attach the sprayer to a garden hose to treat your lawn, landscape and outdoor surfaces where insects hide
Additional Info :