Within the US and Canada, there have been many attempts at eradicating bedbugs. These pesky critters have infested everything from movie theaters to clothing retail stores, but where you may not realize they’re carrying on just as heavily is in your home. Bed Bug Bed Encasements have also become a large product for Americans to use for helping get rid of bed bugs. Are these reliable? Well, keep reading! You might be surprised. Bed bug control is a tough gig. There are a lot of ways to tackle this problem, and several different approaches you could take. That’s why I’m so excited about these bed encasements from MyBedBugDefense. They’re simple and easy to use, which makes them a no-brainer for anyone who is still struggling with eradicating these pests. They come in various sizes, which will help accommodate any type of bed in your house. The best part? You can sleep easy at night without fearing the bed bugs will bite you while you slumber! Bed bugs are a growing problem in the United States. One of the best ways you can protect yourself against them is by using bed bug bed encasements. However, not all bed bug encasements are the same. And there are many different types of bed bugs to consider as well. To help you find the right fit for your mattress, I reviewed several of the most popular encasements on the market today.
Bed Bug Bed Encasements
Protect Your Mattress
Mattress encasements are a great way to protect your mattress from dust mites and bed bugs alike. Dust mites love to feast on the dead skin cells we shed daily, and they can cause allergic reactions including skin rashes and respiratory problems.
Bed bugs are another common problem that will get into your mattress if you don’t have an encasement on it. They love small spaces where they can hide from predators, so if you let one slip into your bed, he’ll crawl up inside of it!
Both of these creatures can make sleeping rough for anyone with allergies or asthma. Encasements help keep them out of the fabric of your sheets—and since most people sleep in their beds every night, this is an important step in good sleep hygiene!
Encasements also keep dirt, spills, stains (including urine), and other undesirable things off of your mattress while also helping keep it clean as well!
- Polyester fabric
- Waterproof and breathable fabric
- Durable, machine washable and non-stretchy
Why Do You Need a Mattress Encasement?
The mattress encasement is a great way to keep your bed bug-free and it also helps with other allergens, such as dust mites. The encasement will also help protect your mattress from stains, odors and even pet accidents.
The mattress encasement is made of a breathable material that allows air circulation around the bed making it more comfortable for sleeping on. It has elastic straps with hooks at each corner for easy zipping before use, which prevents any bugs or other pests from getting inside the sheets or blankets when you’re sleeping at night or during the day if there are no guests in your house yet (or maybe even just an ideal way to keep things clean until then).
Best Bed Bug Mattress Encasements of 2020
- [Sleep Defense System Mattress Encasement with Waterproof Panel](https://amzn.to/2xph6yc)
- [AllerZip Mattress Protector by Housmile(TM) Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Bed Bug Proof Protectors for Double, Queen and King Size Beds (Twin XL). Pest Control (BEDBUGS)(SLEEP)(LUXURY)](https://amzn.to/2Mzqf3n)
- [Mattress Protector-100% Waterproof Bed Bug Proof To Keep Allergens Out of Your Mattress AND Dust Mites Out – Zippered Enclosure For Easy Access to Your Bed – Premium Quality Materials – An Effective Way To Prevent A Host Of Health Issues That Can Be Caused By Uninvited Guests in Your Bedroom](https://amzn.to/2JmH0AI
Protect-A-Bed AllerZip Smooth Mattress Encasement at a Glance
Protect-A-Bed AllerZip Smooth Mattress Encasement is a smooth, soft fabric that is quiet and breathable. The encasement features a full-length zipper with Secure Seal for a secure fit. It is machine washable, too! This bed bug mattress cover is lab-certified 100 percent bed bug proof and is treated to kill dust mites and prevent mold/mildew growth.
Sleep Defense System Mattress Encasement by Hospitology at a Glance
The Sleep Defense System Mattress Encasement by Hospitology is designed to block allergens, dust mites, and bed bugs. It’s made from cotton terry, which can withstand high heat. This helps prevent allergens and dust mites from building up in the mattress. The zippered closure also makes it waterproof so that you can easily clean it or take it off in case of emergencies like flooding or fire damage.
The Sleep Defense System Mattress Encasement fits mattresses up to 15 inches deep—which covers most standard size ones on the market today—and comes in six different sizes: twin (39 x 75 inches), full (54 x 75 inches), queen (60 x 80 inches), king (76 x 80 inches), California king (72 x 84 inches), and super-sized California king (80 x 84 inches). The product carries a five-year warranty as well as being machine washable for easy care when needed!
Zippered Waterproof Hypoallergenic Premium Mattress Protector by Linen Store at a Glance
The Zippered Waterproof Hypoallergenic Premium Mattress Protector by Linen Store at a Glance is made from polyurethane. It is hypoallergenic and waterproof. This encasement is also bed bug proof, making it an excellent choice for people who want to protect their mattresses from damage while they sleep.
The mattress protector has a zipper on each side so that you can easily remove it whenever necessary, such as when you need to wash it. The zipper extends around the entire bottom of this encasement, making it easy to get in or out of place quickly without having to lift up your mattress or disturb its placement on your bed frame.
This product can fit mattresses between 8 and 16 inches thick, so most beds will be able to accommodate this encasement comfortably without causing issues with comfort or motion transfer between partners who sleep together every night (which means more time spent cuddling!).
SafeRest Premium Zippered Mattress Encasement at a Glance
- SafeRest Premium Zippered Mattress Encasement is a waterproof, hypoallergenic and breathable bed bug proof mattress cover. It’s made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) that is certified by CertiPUR-US for quality assurance. The zipper is durable, rust resistant and easy to remove for washing.
This bed bug mattress encasement has a fitted sheet style with elastic corners to keep it securely in place. It also has gusseted sides that stretch up the entire length of your mattress to seal out moisture, dust mites and other allergens while allowing air flow so you can sleep comfortably at night without worrying about being bitten by bugs during your slumber hours (and ruining your sheets).
SafeRest Premium Zippered Mattress Encasement comes with a 10 year warranty against defects so you can rest easy knowing it will last as long as possible – even if your mattress does not!
Investing in bed bug mattress encasements is important for protecting your mattress from bed bugs and allergens.
The most important step you can take in protecting your mattress from bed bugs is to invest in a quality encasement. An encasement is basically a protective layer for your mattress that will keep out bed bugs and allergens, as well as prevent stains and spills on the actual mattress.
Encasement covers can be made of a variety of materials, including polyester, vinyl and cloth. You’ll want to look for one that is waterproof and zippered shut so that it doesn’t tear or rip when you’re putting it on or taking it off.
- Box spring cover is independently lab-tested
- Stretchable 100% polyester knit fabric makes installation a breeze – includes Installation Kit
- Queen size (60” x 80”) fits box spring depths of 9″- 11″
- Can help improve sleep by reducing common substances that can reach the sleeper and disrupt respiratory function
- Machine washable and dryable – 5-Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
Additional Info :
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION – Sleep tight, and never have any worries ! With our super zipper closure fully encasing your mattress, everything will stay out completely!
- WATER RESISTANT – Our mattress protector provides water resistant protection on all six sides of the mattress. Seals out moisture, sweat, and anything wet. Our breathable fabric won’t leave you feeling hot, sweaty, or uncomfortable. It’s easy to take on and off for washing.
- HEALTHY – It will keep your mattress clean by blocking out all the things that you don’t want on it.100% safe for kids, and is a must have for kids who have nighttime accidents. Protect your mattress and your loved one’s health all at the same time.
- 100% SOFT AND QUIET – Our mattress protectors won’t make you feel like you’re sleeping on a bag of potato chips. Our ultra-plush, soft fabric is not only soft to the touch but quiet to the ears, too. We know you’ll love it!
- MACHINE WASH AND DRY – They wash very well and can hold up to many washes. They are durable and won’t tear or crack. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products. If you ever encounter a problem, please reach out to us by e-mail. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Additional Info :
- Thin, quiet waterproof barrier protects all 6 sides of the mattress from fluids and spills vinyl free materials are safe for kids
- Machine washable pillow protector has a zippered closure for complete protection
- Zipper closure for complete encasement
- Machine washable and dryer safe
- Queen size includes 60″ by 80″ encasement; 10-year ; 9″ depth
Additional Info :
- 100% Waterproof – Six-sided premium mattress protector blocks perspiration, bed wetting, liquids and stains; 10-year quality guarantee (NOTE: For frequent accidents and easy clean-ups, place a fitted SureGuard Mattress Protector over the encasement).
- Bed Bug Proof – Super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip and SureSeal technology completely seals off the mattress from bed bugs – use with a SureGuard Box Spring Encasement
- Keeps Your Mattress Clean & Fresh – Blocks dust, dirt and dander on all sides.
- Soft & Noiseless – 100% cotton terry top; Wicks away moisture; Retains the feel of your mattress – Free from Vinyl, PVC, Phthalates, fire retardants and other toxic chemicals
- Queen (60 in x 80 in) – Fits 13 to 16 inches deep; Zippered Mattress Encasement – Machine wash and dry. Independently lab tested and GREENGUARD Gold certified.
Additional Info :
- SIX SIDED ZIPPERED ENCASEMENT – Completely encases your mattress on all sides. Our premium zippered encasements are equipped with a Velcro zipper seal to ensure that nothing gets in! Say good-bye to troublesome pets that can ruin your mattress and bring discomfort to your life. Take precaution and sleep worry-free knowing that your mattress is shielded and protected. Be smart and protect your investment with a quality mattress encasement!
- WATERPROOF – Whether you have pets or kids, accidents and spills happen. This 100% waterproof mattress protector has a polyurethane inner lining that blocks liquids and moisture from getting in. Liquids easily seep through to deeper layers of your mattress and are almost impossible to remove. Simply wrap your mattress in our premium cover, zipper seal all the way around, and your mattress will remain waterproof, dry and protected!
- SOFT & NOISELESS – Stretchable, breathable fabric keeps liquids and contaminants out without compromising comfort. Designed to be soft and completely noiseless, you will not see or hear crinkles under your sheets. With our high quality mattress protectors, you are shielded from irritating contaminants that can sneak into the deep layers of your mattress! Seal out dust, pet hair for good!
- EASY INSTALLATION – Our mattress covers have a full zipper that wraps all the way around three sides of the mattress. No more struggling squeezing your mattress into difficult encasements, simply place your mattress in the sealed end and zip all the way around it for a perfect fit.
- DURABLE & LONG LASTING – Made of high quality polyester (surface) and polyurethane (inside lining). Featuring a 3” secondary polyester lining wrapping all around the zipper seam for additional durability and added support. This six-sided stretch fabric zippered mattress encasement is built to fit any Queen size mattress that is 12” to 16” deep. Machine washable for easy cleaning and lasting use.
Additional Info :