There are many natural or organic remedies for bed bug bites, you just have to know what works. Bed bug bites can be very itchy and uncomfortable causing sleepless nights. There are numerous ways to try to cure these bites from topical creams to natural remedies. In this article, I’ll reveal some of the best bed bug bite natural remedies. If your bed bug bites became so itchy, don’t worry. Because, I have a natural cure for you. However, you should know that bed bugs are not insects but small parasitic vampires (yes, you reading it correctly!), who live in lairs with humans. Their bite and nip are very annoying and sometimes even painful. But there are some natural home remedies that can help you to get rid of them fast and easy even without prescription drugs.I can’t believe I’m writing an article about bed bug bites. Believe me, I wish I wasn’t either. If you have been bitten by a bedbug, you know how painful, itchy and annoying these little pests can be. The following article will provide you with some self help ideas as well as holistic and natural remedies for getting rid of and preventing bed bug bites.
Bed Bug Bite Natural Remedies
Cold compresses can help just after the bite
Cold compresses can help just after the bite. You should use a cold compress for the first 24-48 hours, and then switch to warm compresses for another 48 hours if needed.
You can also use aloe vera gel or tea tree oil on the itchiness, but not too much, as it will dry out your skin and make it worse. Avoid using heat packs or heating pads because this may make things worse (because heat opens up pores in your skin).
Dr. Merlino on aloe vera
A natural remedy for bed bug bites is aloe vera. Aloe vera is a succulent plant that grows in many areas around the world. The plant produces leaves with a gel-like substance inside, which can be used as an ointment or salve to treat wounds on the skin. When applied topically, aloe vera may help to soothe itching and inflammation associated with insect bites, such as those caused by bed bugs.
While there have not been any studies specifically focused on using aloe vera for treating bed bug bites, some research has shown that this remedy can be effective for reducing pain and inflammation associated with minor burns and scrapes (1). This indicates that aloe vera might also work well for treating itchiness from bug bites, but more research is needed before definitive conclusions about its uses can be made.
If you want to try using aloe vera on your own skin after being bitten by a bedbug or other insect pest (such as mosquitoes), it’s important to keep these things in mind:
Beyond Treating Bed Bugs, The Environmental Protection Agency Recommends a Few Ways to Keep Bed Bugs Out of Your Life
Beyond treating bed bugs, the Environmental Protection Agency recommends a few ways to keep bed bugs out of your life.
- Bed Bug Prevention: How to Avoid Bed Bugs
- Avoid staying in rooms with bed bug infestations, if possible, especially if you will be sleeping in that room.
- Check second-hand furniture, beds, or couches for any signs of bed bug infestation before bringing them home. If you do bring home used furniture or mattresses, seal these items in plastic bags and place them in an outdoor garbage container immediately after you remove them from the vehicle (or building).
Remove clutter around the bed and use light colors on walls so that you can easily spot any blood stains left by a recent bite wound caused by an insect bite or other injury sustained while sleeping on the mattress itself; this helps identify which insects are present as well as their locations within your home/workplace environment so they can be effectively removed before they multiply into large numbers which could result in more severe health problems than just itching sensations when bitten by one such insect species known as “crane flies” due to their appearance resembling cranes’ heads when viewed from above according
Temperatures below freezing can kill bed bugs
If you cannot wash your clothing, you can also place it in the freezer. Bed bugs will die in temperatures below 0 degrees Fahrenheit for four days or longer. This method may not be as reliable as heat treatment, but it is still helpful if you do not have access to a clothes dryer or washer/dryer machine.
You should also make sure that your freezer is working properly before using this method of killing bed bugs on clothes. If your freezer does not maintain at least -18 degrees Celsius (-0.4° F), then it will not be able to kill all of the pests in your clothing. If you are using a chest style refrigerator/freezer, then move as much food out of it as possible so that there is more room for items being treated with heat.
If you are using a regular household type of refrigerator/freezer, then make sure that no one opens its doors while any items within them are being heated; otherwise they may become ruined by moisture loss and condensation buildup.
All natural remedies are not created equal.
All natural remedies are not created equal. In the same way that some prescription drugs can interact with one another, some natural remedies may also have negative reactions with certain medications and supplements.
For example, many people turn to senna leaf for relief from constipation or as part of a detox regimen. However, you should be aware that senna leaf has been linked to liver damage in studies conducted on animals, so it’s better to avoid using this herb if you’re taking any other medications that could possibly negatively interact with it.
Always consult your doctor before beginning any type of treatment plan—whether it’s conventional or alternative medicine—to ensure that all ingredients are safe for consumption by your body and that there are no potential side effects from combining them with other drugs or supplements.
- ALL NATURAL FIRST AID + WOUND CARE, soothes and helps relieve symptoms associated with minor skin wounds, superficial burns, swelling, itching, pressure ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, impetigo, blood poisoning
- 100% ORGANIC OR WILD HARVESTED INGREDIENTS harness the power of nature’s medicine cabinet. Ingredients including marigold, echinacea, elderberry, extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, pine, and Canadian fir balsam
- TRIPLE ACTION FORMULA is based on a 160-year-old Indigenous “Miracle Salve” that helps to draw out impurities and increases blood circulation and oxygen to aid recovery without harmful ingredients or worrisome side effects
- SAFE INGREDIENTS means safe for adults, children, pets and planet with no chemicals, no parabens, no phthalates, no petroleum, no animal testing, non-GMO
- OFFICIALLY MONOGRAPHED HOMEOPATHIC PHARMACOPIA INGREDIENTS included. Made in the USA by an FDA registered facility and produced in compliance with standard manufacturing guidelines
Additional Info :
- STOP ITCHY BITES FROM RUINING YOUR FUN Handy pocket size twist up stick is easy to carry so you can always be prepared when insect bites happen (and they always do). If you or someone you know is sensitive or allergic to mosquito bites (including baby) this convenient itch reliever will be YOUR NEW FAVORITE FIND for camping, hiking and any outdoor activity
- SAFE and EASY FOR CHILDREN TO CARRY and APPLY THEMSELVES The perfect bug bite thing to bring to camp. Works for bites, bumps, bruises and scratches. This all natural bug bite treatment is solid like a lip balm, so there’s NO DRIPPY MESS, NO ODOR, NO STING and NO HEAT PAIN when applying, and is completely natural and safe for all ages.
- MULTIPLE USES Not just bites, but also chapped or irritated skin, bumps, bruises, small cuts, scratches, chapped lips, sunburn, minor campfire burns, dry skin, CPAP machine nose sores, poison ivy and oak, scabies, eczema, jellyfish stings and as a treatment for other insect bites like chigger, flea, spider mite, gnat, bed bug, no see um and horse fly
- STOPS ITCH AND PAIN FAST thanks to the deep penetrating power of emu oil. EMU OIL ABSORBS INTO THE SKIN BETTER and faster than any other oil BECAUSE IT’S SO SIMILAR TO HUMAN SKIN OIL. This makes it the perfect base oil to carry the other anti itch and skin soothing ingredients with it for MAXIMUM EFFECT
- DON’T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT IT – Keep yourself, your family, kids and your friends itch with the On the Go Stick. Available in a MONEY SAVING 3 PACK so you’ll always have one handy. Keep them in your backpack, purse, first aid kit, tackle box, saddle bag, medicine cabinet and travel kit.
Additional Info :
- Non-Toxic, Dye-Free, Paraben-Free. Ammonia-Free. Hydrocortisone-Free. Plant-Based. No Artificial Fragrances.
- Natural Bug Bite Relief: Our patented formula combines White Willow Bark (nature’s aspirin) and Helichrysum plus lavender, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus for their counter-irritant properties.
- Packed with Essential Oils: Enjoy the natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of lemongrass, geranium and lavender, while cooling menthol acts as an external analgesic. Soothes the Itch: Find relief from bee and wasp stings, mosquito and spider bites, horse flies, even chiggers and fire ants with this powerful and all-natural after-bite cream.
- Fast-Acting & Long-Lasting: Our soothing, ammonia-free insect itch and pain relief cream absorbs quickly and has a light, pleasant scent.
- Easy, Portable & Kid Friendly: Get soothing relief from bug bites that you can use up to four times a day*
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA – Nature’s Willow was born from the efforts of a Tennessee daughter developing a product to help ease her mother’s pain.
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :