Although bed bug bites are not painful, they can be noticed by the person who was bitten. These bites can manifest on the skin in a number of ways and some people may confuse these bites with other ailments or pests. But what people don’t understand is that bed bug bites are very easy to treat and clear up. In this article on bed bug bite on eyelid treatment, we will try to make you understand what these creatures do and how you can take care of yourself if you have been bitten by them. Bed bug bite on eyelid treatment can be easily accomplished with a few steps. For many people, bed bugs might not be your first thought when you wake up with the red bumps on your eyelids the morning after. But the symptoms are familiar and tell-tale when they see it – and so you get concerned and make an appointment to see a doctor. Any of these bites from bed bugs can cause some damage in a person’s skin, but the one on the eyelid is a lot more painful. They are prone to secondary infection, swelling and there are chances for you to lose your eye if you do not treat it well. If you have been bitten by bed bugs on your eyelid, here’s how to make it go away fast.
Bed Bug Bite On Eyelid Treatment
Use cold water
- Use cold water. One of the best ways to treat a bed bug bite on eyelid is by using cold water on the area. You can use a washcloth filled with cold water, or put ice in a plastic baggie and put it on the bite for a few minutes at a time. Washing the area with cold water may also help with swelling and itching.
- Repeat as needed. If you don’t see any improvement after using one of these methods, repeat them until you do see improvement or until you reach your desired level of comfort again.
Use anti-itch cream
If you’re suffering from an itchy eyelid, there are some over-the-counter remedies that can help. Hydrocortisone cream is one of the most effective anti-itch creams that you can use to relieve itching and inflammation. It should be applied in a thin layer to the affected area, and then allowed to dry completely before it’s washed off with warm water or soap. If your symptoms are severe, your doctor may recommend a prescription hydrocortisone cream instead of an over-the-counter version.
If you want to try natural alternatives, herbal oils such as calendula oil or jojoba oil may provide some relief from irritation caused by bites if massaged into the skin around your eyes regularly. Be sure not to get these oils in your eyes—you can dilute them with water first so they won’t sting when applied!
An antihistamine is a drug that blocks the effects of histamines on your body. Histamine is a chemical released by your immune system when you’re exposed to things like pollen, pet dander, or dust mites. Your body uses histamine to fight off foreign invaders and treat allergy symptoms—like sneezing, runny nose, and hives—but long-term exposure can cause negative side effects.
So if you have been bitten by bed bugs and are experiencing itching or swelling around the bite site, taking an antihistamine may help reduce these symptoms while they heal. Antihistamines are also used to treat other conditions such as colds and allergies so they may also help relieve any other symptoms related to this type of bite (such as sneezing).
Keep the bite clean and dry
Keeping the bite clean and dry is a good first step to treating bed bug bites. Bed bugs are not known to carry diseases, but their bites can cause skin irritation, redness and swelling. They don’t transmit HIV or hepatitis like mosquitoes do. Bed bugs use saliva to digest blood; this saliva produces allergic reactions in some people who are bitten by them.
It’s important not to rub or scratch your skin when you have an itchy bite that looks like a small pimple on the eyelid because this will only make the itching worse. Rubbing may also spread bacteria from other areas of the body onto your eye lids, which could lead to serious problems with infection if left untreated for too long.
Don’t scratch the bite
Scratching the bite can cause the area to get infected and scarring to occur, making it much more difficult to treat. If you have no other option but to scratch, don’t use your nails or fingernails. Instead, gently rub a dry washcloth over the area until you feel relief from the itchiness.
The remedies for bed bug bites on your eyelid are similar to other bed bug bites.
The remedies for bed bug bites on your eyelid are similar to other bed bug bites. Bites usually heal in one to three weeks, but they can last longer depending on how severe they are. The bite itself will go through several stages of healing: redness and swelling may be followed by a blister or two, then scabs that eventually fall off.
While bed bug bites aren’t dangerous, if you’re having trouble sleeping because of the itching or need medical attention because the bite is infected, talk with a doctor about treatment options (topical creams such as hydrocortisone cream).
- [ UNDER EYE CREAM ] Helps reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness in the under eye area. Brightening cream with a non-greasy finish that leaves under eyes looking hydrated, smooth, brightened, and more awake.
- [ HYDRATING INGREDIENTS ] Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin’s moisture and Niacinamide to help soothe skin. With CeraVe’s patented MVE ingredient-delivery technology to continually release ingredients and provide lasting hydration.
- [ LIGHTWEIGHT TEXTURE ] Apply pea-sized amount to ring fingers and gently pat around the eye area and brow bone, both AM and PM. Fast-absorbing formula can be worn alone or under makeup.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED & OPHTHALMOLOGIST TESTED ] Tested for use around the eye area & accepted by the National Eczema Association. CeraVe brand is developed with dermatologists & has products suitable for dry skin, oily skin, acne-prone, & more
Additional Info :
- The package weight of the product is 4 ounces
- Effectively removes cosmetics, debris and pollen. Ideal for daily eyelid hygiene and mild to moderate eyelid conditions.
- Country of origin is United States
- Formulated without alcohol, fragrance or dye
Additional Info :
- LIKE BLOTTING PAPERS, BUT BETTER: This face roller is made of real volcanic stone, which soaks up excess oil instantly. It’s our secret for fresh, shine-free skin any time. Use it on a clean or finished face—it won’t mess up your makeup
- MASSAGES AND MATTIFIES FACE: Rolling the stone roller across your skin feels heavenly, like a mini facial massage. Ditch your jade roller and use our 2-in-1 Mattifying face roller for oily and acne prone skin
- EASY TO USE: Gently roll the face roller ball over your T-zone or anywhere skin is shiny. That’s it
- LESS WASTE THAN BLOTTING PAPER: Unlike blotting papers for oily skin that are used once and thrown out, this oil-absorbing roller is reusable. To clean, twist the roller’s ring to unlock, and pull out the stone. Wash with a gentle cleanser, rinse, and air-dry before locking it back in
- LIVE BOLDLY WITH REVLON MAKEUP: Revlon has the quality beauty tools and high-pigment, the bold color makeup you need to be yourself. Our tools for the face, eyes, and nails are everyday essentials elevated through function, form, or and material (but still amazingly affordable)
Additional Info :
- ANTI AGING FACE SERUM – Vitamin C blends with Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, Witch Hazel, and Jojoba Oil in an anti aging, skin brightening formula designed to improve wrinkles and dark spots
- OUR CUSTOMERS KNOW BEST – Don’t just take our word for it, see thousands of reviews from real Amazon customers rave about brighter, fresher looking skin
- PLANT-BASED FORMULATION – No added synthetic colors, fragrances, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, PEGs, or GMOs. Our active botanicals combine in a silky smooth anti-aging serum that can be used day or night.
- CERTIFIED CRUELTY FREE by Leaping Bunny, our Vitamin C facial serum is also formulated, manufactured and bottled in the USA for guaranteed freshness
- EXTENDED MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE – Love it or your money back! If for any reason you decide this product isn’t a good fit for your skin, we offer a 90-day money-back refund. The expiration date is printed on the barcode sticker attached to the packaging.
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :