Do you wonder if that insect bite is really a bed bug or maybe an allergic reaction? What about flea bites? Are you tired of wasting money on creams for rashes and insect bites that don’t work? Stop wondering. You don’t have to be a doctor to know if an insect bite is an allergic reaction or something else. Have you recently developed red welts that itch on your skin? It could be bites from a bed bug or you might want to visit your doctor to find out if you might have an allergic reaction. Let’s take a look at how to tell if you have bed bug bites and how to relieve them when they start itching. You wake up in the middle of the night and you’re itchy all over. You go to scratch your back and when you look there are red bumps forming a pattern you’ve never seen before. A few minutes later, you start to notice that the same pattern is forming on your legs. You start to freak out, but suddenly something flashes in the corner of your eye. It’s a cockroach! At this point, you are screaming like a little school girl (no offense, ladies). Now something else has caught your attention: the pattern that is now on your arms looks just like the pattern the bed bugs left behind when they were climbing up your arm in your sleep.
Bed Bug Bite Or Allergic Reaction
Why do I have a rash?
You may have a rash if you:
- Have bed bug bites or hypersensitivity to the bites. You can get red welts and very itchy, swollen skin. The bites are often in a row like a line of coins on the skin of your legs or arms. If you have them, seek medical care for treatment as soon as possible! Bed bugs spread disease and make people sick without treatment.
- Have an allergic reaction to bed bugs (possible with any bite but more likely if there are large numbers of them). An allergy rash may come up around where the bite is located and may spread out from there into larger areas of your body (for example, an insect bite near your elbow could cause a rash on both arms). This type of reaction will usually go away after about two weeks.
- Have bacterial infection from scratching too much at one or more bites (not common). If this happens see a doctor immediately!
What is the difference between a bed bug bite, allergy and infection?
Bed bug bites are typically in a line or cluster, while allergies and infections are not.
Bed bug bites can be identified by a raised, red bump, while allergies and infections are not.
Bed bugs are typically found in mattresses and bedding, while allergies and infections are not.
Does it matter which one I have?
Knowing whether your bites are from bed bugs or an allergy is important because it will affect how you treat the problem. If you think that you have been bitten by a bed bug, then knowing the difference between a bite and an allergic reaction can help you determine which course of action to take.
If you know that your bites are coming from bed bugs, then there are several ways to handle them. You can choose one method or combine multiple methods in order to get rid of these pesky critters for good!
How can I tell which one I have?
The American Cancer Society suggests that anyone with a suspicious mole (that is, one you think might be cancerous) should see a doctor. They also advise against self-diagnosis, especially when it comes to something as serious as melanoma. However, if you are concerned about a mole that has changed in size or appearance and want to do some research on your own, there’s an easy way to check: Use the ABCDEs of melanoma detection.*
- A – Asymmetry: One half of the mole looks different from the other half.
- B – Borders: The edges are irregular or notched instead of smooth and even.
- C – Color: The color varies from one area to another; moles shouldn’t have shades of tan or brown in them or multiple colors within one mole—they should be evenly colored throughout their entire surface area (except for freckles). If you notice any changes in skin tone from time to time, consult a dermatologist immediately because this might indicate that your skin cancer has spread away from its original site and become more dangerous than before.* D – Diameter: Any moles larger than 6 mm (about ¼ inch) may need further investigation; however, it’s important not just how large they are but also where they’re located on your body—located near joints like knees/wrists could mean these lesions were caused by friction rubbing against them every day while running around outside barefoot while growing up outside playing baseball all summer long!
If I do have bed bugs, what do I do?
If you suspect that you have bed bugs, there are some steps that can be taken to properly address the issue. The first thing to do is to call in a pest professional who can inspect your home and help diagnose if there is an infestation. They will be able to tell you what treatments are most effective for your situation, depending on whether or not it’s a family member who is allergic or someone who has been bitten by a bed bug. After treatment has been completed, our team will work with you so that we can ensure all signs of bed bugs are gone for good!
After reading this article, you should have a better understanding of bed bug bites. If you feel like your symptoms are consistent with those of bed bug bites, it’s likely that they are indeed the culprit. Bed bugs are not dangerous to humans and their bites are harmless except for the itching and irritation they cause. The best thing to do if you think you may have bed bugs is to call a pest professional. They can detect and identify whether or not there are any pests in your home so that you can rid yourself of them once and for all!
There are three possible causes of your rash, but only one requires you to call in a pest professional.
The first thing you should do is determine if your rash is the result of a bed bug bite, an allergic reaction, or an infection. You can tell which one by its appearance and location.
- Bed bug bites are visible as raised welts on your skin that may look like flat-topped bumps or tiny red dots and can sometimes be mistaken for mosquito bites. The bites usually appear in clusters near areas where you sleep, such as the arms or legs.*
- An allergic reaction to bed bugs must be treated with antihistamines and hydrocortisone cream. If these do not work however it’s possible that this is an infected bite from another source such as bacteria.*
- If you have suspected bed bug activity in your home then call in a pest professional immediately! Even if they are not present now they may come back later so it’s important to eliminate them before they have time to multiply again (which could lead to even worse problems).
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
Additional Info :
- Homeopathic medicine that relieves Allergy symptoms
- Take at the First Sign of Symptoms
- Non-Drowsy, no known side effects, no known drug interactions
- This medicine uses highly diluted natural substances to relieve symptoms.
- This medicine comes in quick-dissolving pellet form
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
Additional Info :