You may have a difficult time believing this but there are people who don’t know what bed bug bites look like. I won’t believe it either except that I did a search to get some pictures so I can show you guys. Here is a nice collection of bed bug bite pictures. However, please note that these images may be disturbing to some. I have been getting quite a few emails and comments asking me to post pics of what my bed bug bites look like. I wanted to share some with you here. I and my husband both got bit at the same time so we are in the same picture. My doctor said these were from bed bugs, but maybe not hatching eggs since I’ve been treating for a few months now and no new bites in a few weeks. Bed bugs are a pest that affect 1 in every 25 people. In the United States alone, there are an estimated 2 million incidents of bed bugs every year. With these disturbing statistics, you might be asking yourself how to kill bed bugs and how to deal with bed bug bite pictures? The good news is that we’re going to answer both of these questions for you right now!
Bed Bug Bite Pictures
Bed bugs are tiny insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals.
Bed bugs are tiny insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. Bed bugs usually bite people at night while they are sleeping, often causing red itchy bumps on the skin.
On top of being a nuisance and an irritant, bed bug bites can cause allergic reactions in some people. If you think you may have been bitten by a bed bug, see your doctor for diagnosis and treatment advice.
Bed bugs usually live in mattresses, box springs and bed frames, but they can also be found in other furniture as well as cracks in walls or floors. A single female adult can lay up to 500 eggs during her lifetime–and each egg takes about five days to hatch into an immature insect called an nymph (the stage between molting 2nd instar nymphs). Once established in an environment with food supply available , infestations grow rapidly if left untreated.
Bed bug bites typically appear in groups of three, called the “breakfast, lunch, and dinner” pattern.
As you may have already guessed, the most common pattern of bites is three in a row. This is due to the fact that bed bugs typically feed on their hosts at night and are inactive during the day, so if you wake up with a cluster of three bites in an unbroken line across your body, chances are good that it was caused by bed bugs.
However, some people will develop clusters of bites that do not form in a straight line along the skin surface. These can be somewhat less predictable than those which do follow a straight path. For example:
If you have large areas of hair on both sides of your body (such as arms or legs), then there’s much more room for an insect to bite multiple times at once—and hence for more “breakfast” clusters!
Bed bug bites can be found on any part of the body.
Bed bugs can bite any area of the human body, including the neck, arms and hands, face and ears. Bed bug bites on the back of the neck or forearms are not uncommon. The feet and legs can be bitten by bed bugs as well, although this is more common in children who play on floors covered with bed bugs like dust mites.
Bed bug bites can appear in a variety of colors ranging from red to pink to purplish-red and sometimes even black after a day or two. They tend to be smaller than mosquito bites which makes them harder to identify as being caused by a specific source like bed bugs if you have never seen one before!
It’s possible to mistake bed bug bites for another skin condition, such as an allergic reaction or eczema.
It’s possible to mistake bed bug bites for another skin condition, such as an allergic reaction or eczema. It’s also possible that you’ll think you have a bed bug infestation when in fact the problem is something else entirely.
You may look up your symptoms and find that they match those of a bed bug bite, but without an expert opinion it can be difficult to know for sure whether you have been bitten by an insect or stung by an allergen. Here are some signs that should make you suspect a bed bug infestation:
- Black or brown spots (bedbug droppings) on mattress or sheets
- Itchiness that doesn’t go away after several days
If you see signs or symptoms of bed bugs, contact your doctor.
If you have bed bug bites and are experiencing itching, your doctor will likely recommend using antihistamines to combat the itch. He or she may also prescribe topical creams to help reduce the itching.
If you develop a rash or hives that do not go away within 24 hours, it’s important to see your doctor immediately. Bed bug bites are not dangerous but can be very itchy, so if this is happening to you, make sure you don’t have a more serious condition that mimics bed bug bites—such as scabies or another skin infection.
Additional Info :
- DEET FREE, MADE WITH ESSENTIAL OILS – Our repellent bracelets are made with essential oils: Geraniol Oil, Lemongrass Oil and Citronella Oil. Essential oils have been found to repel mosquitoes.
- 10 RESEALABLE BAGS – Each mosquito repellent bracelet is individually wrapped in a resealable bag, keeping it fresh and increase the life span.
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL – Cliganic repellent bracelets are fully adjustable, stretchy and easily fits.
- PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR, WATERPROOF – Best for indoor, outdoor and travel. Keep it together with your picnic backpack accessories. Enjoy the outdoors without worrying about pesky mosquito bites. This mosquitoes repellent band is waterproof.
- CLIGANIC 90 DAYS WARRANTY, RISK FREE – no hassles, no questions, if you are not completely satisfied – simply return the item for a full refund.
Additional Info :
- MATTRESS ENCASEMENT – Fits Queen size mattress perfectly with dimensions 60 inches by 80 inches; 15 inches deep pocket
- KNITTED POLYESTER FABRIC – Stretchable knitted polyester fabric fits the mattress easily and gives a comfortable feel while you sleep
- ZIPPERED COVER – Zippered cover with zip secures the mattress from 360 degrees; it protects the mattress
- 100% WATERPROOF PROTECTION – Mattress encasement protects your mattress from unwelcome spills and keeps your mattress clean and safe. High quality TPU backing on all sides resist any leakage into the mattress.
- EASY CARE – Machine washable; tumble dry for easy maintenance; Note: Packaging might slightly vary
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :