Bed bug bites are the most common problem caused by bed bugs. They may not be dangerous, but they can be very uncomfortable and lead to a lot of itching and scratching that may lead to rashes. Here is a list of bed bug bite remedies you should use if you have been bitten by bed bugs, or if you think that you might have bed bugs in your home. Bed bug bites are a nuisance. They can be very irritating and they are becoming more common. There are numerous methods to treat bed bug bites. You should choose whichever method is best for you. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to dealing with bed bug bites. Do you have a bed bug infestation? I know the feeling. You’re afraid to leave your house because you don’t want to bring it with you, but at the same time it’s tough to live in that condition too. In any event, there are many effective ways in which you can handle a bed bug problem without breaking the bank or having to part with your sanity!
Bed Bug Bite Remedies
Place an ice pack on the affected area to reduce swelling. Hold the ice pack in place for 15 minutes, then remove it and wait 15 minutes before repeating. Continue this process until the swelling subsides, which can take several hours or even days depending on how severe your reaction is to bedbug bites.
Do not leave the ice pack directly on your skin; instead wrap it in a towel or other cloth so that you do not get frostbite as a result of prolonged contact with cold temperatures. Also be sure to check that you have good circulation—if you are at risk for poor blood flow in your hands or feet (like if you have diabetes), consult a doctor before using an ice pack for any reason because prolonged exposure could cause damage or tissue death (a condition referred to as “freezer burn”).
Baking soda paste
Baking soda paste works as an antiseptic, and it can help relieve the itchiness of a bed bug bite.
To make baking soda paste, combine equal parts baking soda and water in a small bowl or cup. Stir until you have a thick paste that’s easy to spread on your skin. Apply this mixture directly to the bite with your finger or a cotton swab, making sure it’s all over the area where you were bitten—this will help dry out any fluid from within their saliva that causes irritation. Leave it on until it dries completely (about 10 minutes), then wash off with warm water and soap.
Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera gel is a natural anti-inflammatory and can help soothe itching from bed bug bites. Aloe vera is easily available, inexpensive and easy to apply.
It does not have any side effects or cause allergic reactions in most people. However, if you are allergic to aloe vera or any other part of the plant then it is best not to use it on your skin. It has been shown that aloe vera gel acts as an anti-inflammatory agent when applied on the skin and helps heal wounds faster than other conventional treatments such as hydrocolloid dressings or topical steroids (1).
Vinegar can help soothe the itching and inflammation caused by bed bug bites. It also lowers the risk of infection, which is why it’s important to apply it directly to the affected area.
1 part apple cider vinegar
3 parts water
Mix both ingredients together until you have a mixture with a pH level similar to that of regular water (about 7). Apply this mixture directly on your bite or bite marks using a cotton ball or pad soaked in the mixture, once every hour until it calms down.
Witch hazel is often used in home remedies for insect bites because it contains tannins that help reduce pain and itching. To use witch hazel, soak a cotton ball with the liquid and apply directly to the affected area. Do not apply witch hazel to open wounds, or to your eyes. If you have an allergy to any of its ingredients (such as chamomile), avoid using this remedy on your skin
Salt water bath
If you’ve found yourself with bed bug bites, there are a variety of remedies that can help. One of the most popular is a salt water bath. Mix one cup of salt into a full tub of water and soak for at least 20 minutes daily until the bed bug bites heal. Then, dry the affected area thoroughly and apply moisturizer before going to sleep at night. Do not use soap on the affected area because it will counteract the anti-inflammatory properties present in many over-the-counter creams and lotions.
Essential oils are a great way to help ease itching, swelling and inflammation caused by bed bug bites. Many essential oils have soothing properties that help numb the skin and relieve pain. Lavender oil is known for its calming effects on both the mind and body, making it a popular choice for many people who suffer from insomnia or anxiety. Although essential oils may seem like an ideal solution for bed bug bite relief, there are some precautions you should take when using them on your skin:
- Always dilute essential oils before applying them to your skin. Never apply undiluted essential oils directly onto your body as they could cause irritation or burns if applied incorrectly!
- Mixing essential oils with a carrier oil can increase their potency without adding too much scent (some people are sensitive to strong scents). Coconut oil is an excellent choice because it absorbs quickly into the skin — no greasy residue left behind — but any other type of vegetable-based oil will do just fine!
The first step in preventing bed bug bites is to keep bed bugs from entering your home, but if you know you’ve been bitten by one, there are some natural remedies that will help.
Bed bugs are a common problem for many people. They can be very difficult to eliminate, and it’s important to take steps to keep them out of your home.
One of the best ways to prevent bed bug bites is by keeping bed bugs out of your home in the first place. However, if you know that you have been bitten by one and want relief from the itching and inflammation that follows, there are some natural remedies that will help ease your discomfort.
- ALL NATURAL FIRST AID + WOUND CARE, soothes and helps relieve symptoms associated with minor skin wounds, superficial burns, swelling, itching, pressure ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, impetigo, blood poisoning
- 100% ORGANIC OR WILD HARVESTED INGREDIENTS harness the power of nature’s medicine cabinet. Ingredients including marigold, echinacea, elderberry, extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, pine, and Canadian fir balsam
- TRIPLE ACTION FORMULA is based on a 160-year-old Indigenous “Miracle Salve” that helps to draw out impurities and increases blood circulation and oxygen to aid recovery without harmful ingredients or worrisome side effects
- SAFE INGREDIENTS means safe for adults, children, pets and planet with no chemicals, no parabens, no phthalates, no petroleum, no animal testing, non-GMO
- OFFICIALLY MONOGRAPHED HOMEOPATHIC PHARMACOPIA INGREDIENTS included. Made in the USA by an FDA registered facility and produced in compliance with standard manufacturing guidelines
Additional Info :
- STOP ITCHY BITES FROM RUINING YOUR FUN Handy pocket size twist up stick is easy to carry so you can always be prepared when insect bites happen (and they always do). If you or someone you know is sensitive or allergic to mosquito bites (including baby) this convenient itch reliever will be YOUR NEW FAVORITE FIND for camping, hiking and any outdoor activity
- SAFE and EASY FOR CHILDREN TO CARRY and APPLY THEMSELVES The perfect bug bite thing to bring to camp. Works for bites, bumps, bruises and scratches. This all natural bug bite treatment is solid like a lip balm, so there’s NO DRIPPY MESS, NO ODOR, NO STING and NO HEAT PAIN when applying, and is completely natural and safe for all ages.
- MULTIPLE USES Not just bites, but also chapped or irritated skin, bumps, bruises, small cuts, scratches, chapped lips, sunburn, minor campfire burns, dry skin, CPAP machine nose sores, poison ivy and oak, scabies, eczema, jellyfish stings and as a treatment for other insect bites like chigger, flea, spider mite, gnat, bed bug, no see um and horse fly
- STOPS ITCH AND PAIN FAST thanks to the deep penetrating power of emu oil. EMU OIL ABSORBS INTO THE SKIN BETTER and faster than any other oil BECAUSE IT’S SO SIMILAR TO HUMAN SKIN OIL. This makes it the perfect base oil to carry the other anti itch and skin soothing ingredients with it for MAXIMUM EFFECT
- DON’T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT IT – Keep yourself, your family, kids and your friends itch with the On the Go Stick. Available in a MONEY SAVING 3 PACK so you’ll always have one handy. Keep them in your backpack, purse, first aid kit, tackle box, saddle bag, medicine cabinet and travel kit.
Additional Info :
Additional Info :
- Non-Toxic, Dye-Free, Paraben-Free. Ammonia-Free. Hydrocortisone-Free. Plant-Based. No Artificial Fragrances.
- Natural Bug Bite Relief: Our patented formula combines White Willow Bark (nature’s aspirin) and Helichrysum plus lavender, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus for their counter-irritant properties.
- Packed with Essential Oils: Enjoy the natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of lemongrass, geranium and lavender, while cooling menthol acts as an external analgesic. Soothes the Itch: Find relief from bee and wasp stings, mosquito and spider bites, horse flies, even chiggers and fire ants with this powerful and all-natural after-bite cream.
- Fast-Acting & Long-Lasting: Our soothing, ammonia-free insect itch and pain relief cream absorbs quickly and has a light, pleasant scent.
- Easy, Portable & Kid Friendly: Get soothing relief from bug bites that you can use up to four times a day*
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA – Nature’s Willow was born from the efforts of a Tennessee daughter developing a product to help ease her mother’s pain.
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :