Bedbugs are tiny little parasites that live on the blood of people and animals. They have been around since ancient Egypt, but have become a lot more common in recent times. Having bed bugs can be a real pain, both literally and figuratively. Bed bug bites on young children and babies can often lead to infections, open wounds, or even anaphylactic shock.
Because bed bug bites are a reaction to the bed bug’s saliva, there are some side effects that you may have after being bitten. These side effects will generally seem to come and go. The bite may last up to 4 days or so and then it will go away and you won’t even notice that you’ve been bitten.
During this time, the bite site will usually become inflamed, swollen, and red blotchy. Bed bug bites aren’t fun to deal with, but luckily you will be able to find a few tips and advice here that’ll help make the process easier. Let’s discuss both the symptoms and bed bug bite side effects of bed bugs so we can get a better idea of how they affect the body.
What happens to your body when a bed bug bites you?
In most people, bed bug bites don’t cause any serious health problems and the bite marks disappear within a few weeks.
But for some people, bed bug bites can be very serious. If you’re allergic to bed bugs, or if you have an underlying medical condition that makes you more susceptible to infection, your reaction to a bite may be much more severe.
If you’ve been bitten by a bed bug, watch out for these symptoms:
-Fever and chills
-A general sense of illness (feeling tired)
-A swollen lymph node in the armpit or groin area
How long do bed bug bites last on your body?
It depends on the person, but typically, bed bug bites will take up to 14 days (but usually only three) to develop on your skin and approximately 14 days to disappear.
Some people may have a reaction that lasts longer than others, so it’s important to keep an eye out for symptoms of an allergic reaction such as redness, swelling, itchiness or pain.
What kills bed bugs?
Bed bugs are tiny insects that can be difficult to detect. They feed on human blood, and they spread disease. Bed bugs are a serious health concern in the United States, with an estimated 1 in 5 homes having them.
There are many DIY treatment options for eliminating bed bugs, including heat, steam and chemical products.
What helps bed bug bites go away faster?
Calamine lotion is ideal when it comes to the treatment of bed bug bites.
This is because the lotion helps to soothe the itching sensation that you may have on your skin, especially if you have a severe case of bed bug bites. It also helps to prevent any infections from forming in your skin.
The lotion is also very easy to apply. You can apply it directly onto your skin and allow it to dry before you put on any clothes or go about your day. This will ensure that you do not get any stains on those clothes or sheets that are not made out of natural fibers.
Do bed bug bites heal on their own?
Most bed bug bites will heal on their own in a week or so, but you can treat them with soap, water, and calming lotions if you want to speed up the process.
Bed bug bites aren’t dangerous—they just look it. The reactions you get from bed bug bites are caused by your body’s immune system reacting to the toxins released by the bugs. These reactions can be painful, but they’re rarely dangerous.
If you’re experiencing severe reactions like swelling or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention immediately.
Where do bed bugs bite the most?
Bites are commonly found on the parts of the body that are more likely to be exposed to bed bugs during sleep – the hands, neck, face, shoulders, legs and arms.
These areas are often exposed when sleeping in a bed or sitting on a couch. The bites can also be found on other parts of the body but they are usually not as common.
Can you put toothpaste on bed bug bites?
Yes, it’s true. You can use toothpaste to treat bed bug bites, and it can help you get rid of the itchiness and swelling that comes with them.
Why does this work? It’s because toothpaste contains ingredients like baking soda and menthol, which have a cooling effect on your skin. This helps soothe those burning sensations and reduce swelling.
Plus, toothpaste has been shown to be an effective treatment for other kinds of rashes, such as eczema and psoriasis. So if you’re struggling with any kind of skin irritation right now, give this trick a try.
List Of Bed Bug Repellent
Bed bugs are a nightmare. You can have the cleanest house in the world, but if you’ve got bed bugs, you might as well be living in a dumpster.
Here are some of the best bed bug repellents that you can use to keep bed bugs at bay.
Benadryl Extra Strength Anti-Itch Gel, 2 Percentage Diphenhydramine HCI Topical Analgesic & Histamine Blocker for Relief of Outdoor Itches Associated with Poison Ivy, Insect Bites & More, 3.5 fl. oz
Price : $4.89 ($1.40 / Fl Oz)
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Pull out a block without crashing the stack to win at Jenga
- Includes 54 Jenga hardwood blocks, stacking sleeve with instructions
- Simple, solid, and timeless
- It takes skill, strategy, and luck. Challenge yourself or play with friends
- Win by being the last player to remove a block without causing the stack to crash
Additional Info :
Chiggerex 2X Power First Aid Medicated Ointment for Chiggers, Ticks and Bug Bite Relief with Aloe Vera & Chamomile, 6 oz
Price : $15.99 ($2.66 / Ounce)
- Helps relieve itching and pain from chiggers (redbugs), ticks, mosquitos, no-see-ums, biting flies, gnats, sand fleas and other bug bites
- Formulated with 10% benzocaine, a topical anesthetic used to help relieve pain and itch associated with bug bites and stings
- Chiggerex is infused with nourishing botanicals like aloe vera, chamomile and peppermint oil, that soothe and calm itchy insect bites
- Our unique medicated ointment goes on smooth and absorbs quickly into skin without leaving any visible residue
- Keep Chiggerex in your medicine cabinet, glove compartment, camping bags and backpacks for pain relief + itch relief from bug bites, bee stings, jellyfish stings and more.
Additional Info :
Bug Bite Thing Suction Tool, Poison Remover – Bug Bites and Bee/Wasp Stings, Natural Insect Bite Relief, Chemical Free – White/Single
Price : $9.99
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug, Flea and Tick Killer – With Ready-to-Use Comfort Wand, Kills Bed Bugs and Bed Bug Eggs, Bed Bug Spray Also Kills Fleas and Ticks, 1 gal.
Price : $17.49
- Use Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug, Flea & Tick Killer to kill bed bugs, bed bug eggs, fleas, and ticks
- Use spray as a spot treatment around bed frames, mattress seams/tufts/folds, and baseboards
- Kills even the toughest bed bugs (pyrethroid-resistant bed bugs)
- Second step of a 3-step bed bug solution system
- The continuous spray Comfort Wand easily gets into hard-to-reach areas
Additional Info :
In conclusion, bed bug repellent is a safe, non-toxic way to keep these pests at bay. It’s easy to apply and is meant to be used on your skin as well as your clothing, so you can make sure that every inch of your body will be covered with its protective scent.