Right about now the thought of bed bugs is probably doing a number on your nerves. With holiday travel coming up, the fear of bringing these blood suckers into your home during your travels is at its peak. But, what are bed bug bite sizes? How does it vary from person to person? Here we will look at some common questions about bed bugs and how they affect people. The bed bug bite comparison image above is a great way to really put things into perspective. The size of these bites is hard to imagine. This is why it may be easier and a better idea to refer to this image when you explain what they look like, instead of using words such as tiny, small, or big.Bed bug bites are often easy to spot. While some people do not react strongly to them and they can be mistaken for other skin conditions. Bed bugs, on the other hand, are tiny insects that feed on blood during the night when people are asleep. They hide in small cracks, crevices and nesting areas, around the mattress and box spring, within the headboard and elsewhere in the bed area. They feed when you are asleep or distracted by another activity. Bed bug bites can lead to skin irritation, rashes and swelling on exposed skin. Some people develop welts, hives or fever blisters after being bitten by these insects.
Bed Bug Bite Size
What do bed bug bites look like?
What do bed bug bites look like?
You may be wondering what to look for if you think you might have bed bugs. Although bed bug bites are not always easy to identify, there are some general characteristics that you can use as a guide.
- The first thing to know is that they will be much smaller than mosquito or flea bites because these insects are so small themselves. A single bite will often be recognized as just a slightly raised red spot, but multiple bites can appear in a cluster or line on exposed skin like the face, neck, arms and hands (Figure 1). It’s important to remember that not everyone reacts the same way to bed bug bites — some people never react at all!
How to treat bed bug bites.
To treat bed bug bites, wash the area with soap and water. Apply calamine lotion or hydrocortisone cream to reduce itching and swelling. Take an antihistamine for itching and pain relief, as well as an extra-strength nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) like ibuprofen or aspirin, which can reduce pain and swelling.
How do you get rid of bed bugs?
Bedbugs are notoriously hard to eradicate. There’s no one-size-fits-all method for eradicating bedbugs, but that doesn’t mean you should give up hope. Below are some tips and tricks for getting rid of your pesky infestation:
- Vacuuming is the first step in getting rid of bed bugs. Grab a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter and suck up any remaining bed bug husks or eggs around the edges of your mattress, box spring, headboard and baseboards.
- Wash all clothes and linens in hot water (> 120°F) with detergent before putting them in the dryer on high heat or hanging them outside in direct sunlight for several hours until they’re dry.* You can also place items into sealed bags and then freeze them; however, freezing will kill only eggs that have been laid recently—it won’t do much good if there are already eggs present.* If possible use another room while treating areas with insecticide.* Try not to breathe directly on surfaces where you’ve applied insecticides as this could cause irritation to your lungs or respiratory system.* Call an exterminator if necessary; sometimes professional help is required when dealing with larger infestations though this may prove costly depending on where you live and what type of services they offer (“some people prefer doing it themselves because they feel like having someone come over will cost too much money,” according to BedBugRegistry).
Bed bugs bites can leave you with itchy, red welts and are a nuisance to have around.
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of humans, and live in beds, carpets and furniture. They come out at night to feed on humans while they are sleeping. Bed bug bites can leave you with itchy, red welts and are a nuisance to have around your home or hotel room. However, bed bugs do not transmit disease so there’s no need to panic if you find one in your clothing or luggage; just remove it and wash your clothing before putting it back on your body again
- STOP ITCHY BITES FROM RUINING YOUR FUN Handy pocket size twist up stick is easy to carry so you can always be prepared when insect bites happen (and they always do). If you or someone you know is sensitive or allergic to mosquito bites (including baby) this convenient itch reliever will be YOUR NEW FAVORITE FIND for camping, hiking and any outdoor activity
- SAFE and EASY FOR CHILDREN TO CARRY and APPLY THEMSELVES The perfect bug bite thing to bring to camp. Works for bites, bumps, bruises and scratches. This all natural bug bite treatment is solid like a lip balm, so there’s NO DRIPPY MESS, NO ODOR, NO STING and NO HEAT PAIN when applying, and is completely natural and safe for all ages.
- MULTIPLE USES Not just bites, but also chapped or irritated skin, bumps, bruises, small cuts, scratches, chapped lips, sunburn, minor campfire burns, dry skin, CPAP machine nose sores, poison ivy and oak, scabies, eczema, jellyfish stings and as a treatment for other insect bites like chigger, flea, spider mite, gnat, bed bug, no see um and horse fly
- STOPS ITCH AND PAIN FAST thanks to the deep penetrating power of emu oil. EMU OIL ABSORBS INTO THE SKIN BETTER and faster than any other oil BECAUSE IT’S SO SIMILAR TO HUMAN SKIN OIL. This makes it the perfect base oil to carry the other anti itch and skin soothing ingredients with it for MAXIMUM EFFECT
- DON’T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT IT – Keep yourself, your family, kids and your friends itch with the On the Go Stick. Available in a MONEY SAVING 3 PACK so you’ll always have one handy. Keep them in your backpack, purse, first aid kit, tackle box, saddle bag, medicine cabinet and travel kit.
Additional Info :
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION – Sleep tight, and never have any worries ! With our super zipper closure fully encasing your mattress, everything will stay out completely!
- WATER RESISTANT – Our mattress protector provides water resistant protection on all six sides of the mattress. Seals out moisture, sweat, and anything wet. Our breathable fabric won’t leave you feeling hot, sweaty, or uncomfortable. It’s easy to take on and off for washing.
- HEALTHY – It will keep your mattress clean by blocking out all the things that you don’t want on it.100% safe for kids, and is a must have for kids who have nighttime accidents. Protect your mattress and your loved one’s health all at the same time.
- 100% SOFT AND QUIET – Our mattress protectors won’t make you feel like you’re sleeping on a bag of potato chips. Our ultra-plush, soft fabric is not only soft to the touch but quiet to the ears, too. We know you’ll love it!
- MACHINE WASH AND DRY – They wash very well and can hold up to many washes. They are durable and won’t tear or crack. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products. If you ever encounter a problem, please reach out to us by e-mail. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- Non-Toxic, Dye-Free, Paraben-Free. Ammonia-Free. Hydrocortisone-Free. Plant-Based. No Artificial Fragrances.
- Natural Bug Bite Relief: Our patented formula combines White Willow Bark (nature’s aspirin) and Helichrysum plus lavender, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus for their counter-irritant properties.
- Packed with Essential Oils: Enjoy the natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of lemongrass, geranium and lavender, while cooling menthol acts as an external analgesic. Soothes the Itch: Find relief from bee and wasp stings, mosquito and spider bites, horse flies, even chiggers and fire ants with this powerful and all-natural after-bite cream.
- Fast-Acting & Long-Lasting: Our soothing, ammonia-free insect itch and pain relief cream absorbs quickly and has a light, pleasant scent.
- Easy, Portable & Kid Friendly: Get soothing relief from bug bites that you can use up to four times a day*
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA – Nature’s Willow was born from the efforts of a Tennessee daughter developing a product to help ease her mother’s pain.
Additional Info :
- THE MOST EFFECTIVE BED BUG KILLER — Journal of economic entomology published university study confirmed that EcoRaider is the only natural product that kills bed bugs with 100 percent efficacy
- PROVEN THROUGH USDA IR4 PHP PROGRAM — field tested by research entomologists for eradicating bed bug infestations in public housing buildings and recommend for sensitive environment
- KILL ALL STAGES INCLUSIVE & EVEN RESISTANT BED BUGS — Kills bed bug adults and nymphs fast on contact with 100% efficacy, kills bed bugs that are resistant to traditional pesticides. Proven highest performance in eliminating bed bug eggs
- EXTENDED DRY RESIDUAL PROTECTION — University study shows EcoRaider residual provides extended protection for two weeks on bed bugs even after dried
- NON-TOXIC, SAFE AND ECO-FRIENDLY — certified USDA BioBased insecticide, dermatologically safe; child and pet friendly; safe to use directly on mattress and box springs.
Additional Info :