Bed Bug Bite Treatment Humans – Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? Do you have a bed bug problem? If you are reading this, odds are that you do. Bed bugs can be incredibly hard to get rid of. However, there is thankfully help available. Protect yourself and your home with these proven tips and tactics that I have pulled together, based on my years of experience battling bed bugs. Do you need help getting rid of bed bug bites? Is your self esteem suffering because others can see the bites? I know how embarrassing it is to have other people notice them. You want to know what the best bed bug bite treatment is. Fortunately I’ve been battling bedbugs for over two years now, and can help you learn how to get rid of those pesky little insects that are feeding on your blood and keeping you up at night. Have you found bed bug bite marks on your body and don’t know what is causing it? What to do about it? You’re likely thinking you have some other kind of infestation in or around your home or hotel. It’s important to identify the bug that is doing this to you since there are other things that can cause a rash on our skin.
Bed Bug Bite Treatment Humans
Take an antihistamine
If you are bitten by a bed bug, there are some steps you can take to reduce the irritation and itchiness. First, wash your skin with soap and water. Next, apply an antihistamine to the bite area. Antihistamines treat symptoms of allergies such as itching, swelling of the face or tongue and runny nose. They also may help you sleep when taken at night. Be sure to read the label before using any product; some medications contain ingredients that may be unsafe for children or pregnant women and should not be used in these situations.
Finally, protect yourself from further bites by using insect repellent on exposed areas of skin before going to bed each night (don’t forget about those hard-to-reach places in between toes). For added protection against biting insects like fleas or ticks during outdoor activities like hiking or camping trips it’s best practice is still highly recommended by health professionals worldwide: treat clothing with permethrin sprays which will kill any pests upon contact without harming humans who wear treated clothing!
Apply a cold compress
To relieve the itching, apply a cold compress to the affected area for 5-10 minutes. Repeat as often as necessary.
Do not apply the cold compress for too long, as you could damage your skin. You can use a cold pack, a cold towel or even a bag of ice to relieve itching associated with bed bug bites.
Take a pain reliever
You can take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen. Follow the dosage instructions carefully, and do not exceed the maximum dosage. Do not mix pain relievers without consulting a doctor.
Soak in a lukewarm bath
- Soak in a lukewarm bath.
- Start with the water as hot as you can tolerate it, and add ¼ cup of baking soda or oatmeal to the tub.
- Add a few drops of essential oil, like lavender or eucalyptus, for extra soothing effects. Avoid bubble bath because this will create more suds and create an environment where bed bugs can survive longer.
- Soak for 15-20 minutes to help ease any itching or swelling that might occur after scratching at your bites with your dirty hands!
Avoid scratching the bites
It is important to avoid scratching the bite area. Scratching can cause your skin to become inflamed, leading to an infection. This could lead to a secondary bacterial or viral infection. It’s also important not to use a towel or washcloth on the bites—this can irritate them and make them itch even more.
If you find yourself scratching, try putting ice on the bites for 10 minutes every few hours for 72 hours after you come into contact with bed bugs.
It’s also important that you keep your fingernails short and clean in order to avoid further irritation of these bites.
Keep the affected area clean
Keep the affected area clean. Wash your skin with mild soap and warm water. If you have an infection, you can use an anti-bacterial soap; however, it’s not necessary if you don’t have an infection and just have redness or swelling from the bite. Avoid using any products that contain alcohol because they can dry out your skin and make irritation worse.
Keep the area around bites clean as well by washing with mild soap and water when bathing or showering. To avoid infection, wash all sheets thoroughly in hot water (at least 130 F) after anyone who has been bitten sleeps in them.
Don’t use any creams on bug bites without talking to a doctor first because some creams may make them worse or cause more itching than usual
You don’t need to go to the doctor or use a lot of strong products.
Though you may be tempted to go straight to the doctor, there are steps you can take at home. In most cases, your bites will heal on their own in a few weeks. If you’re concerned about getting bit or have other symptoms like itching or rash, consult a doctor and let them know that you think you were bitten by bed bugs. Bed bug bites do not require medical attention unless they become infected.
If your bites develop into an allergic reaction—swelling around the bite area, itching that lasts longer than two weeks—contact your physician immediately.
- Mite-B-Gone Sulfur Mite Cream is a natural blend of nourishing essential oils and homeopathic botanicals that bring quick itch relief of mites, acne, seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, and tinea nail fungus, and other fungal infections.
- Mite-B-Gone’s 100% Natural Formula includes Sunflower Seed Oil and Tea Tree Oil, a known soothing and anti-inflammatory blend, which works quickly to counteract itching and clear up any outbreak.
- You may notice a slightly gritty texture as sulfur is a keratolytic. Keratolytics cause the outer layer of the skin to loosen and shed which results in deeper penetration and faster absorption of our 10% sulfur cream into your skin!
- Mite-B-Gone gives you lasting relief WITHOUT any harsh chemicals or irritation. Dermatologist recommended and approved.
- Proudly small-batched by our skilled production technicians in our FDA Facility right outside of Atlanta, Georgia here in the USA.
- 3 Year Shelf Life
- Made in the USA
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Non-Toxic, Dye-Free, Paraben-Free. Ammonia-Free. Hydrocortisone-Free. Plant-Based. No Artificial Fragrances.
- Natural Bug Bite Relief: Our patented formula combines White Willow Bark (nature’s aspirin) and Helichrysum plus lavender, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus for their counter-irritant properties.
- Packed with Essential Oils: Enjoy the natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of lemongrass, geranium and lavender, while cooling menthol acts as an external analgesic. Soothes the Itch: Find relief from bee and wasp stings, mosquito and spider bites, horse flies, even chiggers and fire ants with this powerful and all-natural after-bite cream.
- Fast-Acting & Long-Lasting: Our soothing, ammonia-free insect itch and pain relief cream absorbs quickly and has a light, pleasant scent.
- Easy, Portable & Kid Friendly: Get soothing relief from bug bites that you can use up to four times a day*
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA – Nature’s Willow was born from the efforts of a Tennessee daughter developing a product to help ease her mother’s pain.
Additional Info :
- Helps relieve itching and pain from chiggers (redbugs), ticks, mosquitos, no-see-ums, biting flies, gnats, sand fleas and other bug bites
- Formulated with 10% benzocaine, a topical anesthetic used to help relieve pain and itch associated with bug bites and stings
- Chiggerex is infused with nourishing botanicals like aloe vera, chamomile and peppermint oil, that soothe and calm itchy insect bites
- Our unique medicated ointment goes on smooth and absorbs quickly into skin without leaving any visible residue
- Keep Chiggerex in your medicine cabinet, glove compartment, camping bags and backpacks for pain relief + itch relief from bug bites, bee stings, jellyfish stings and more!
Additional Info :