I’m sure you are like most of us, and when you get a nasty bite such as a bed bug bite, it is just the worst – no pun intended. However, there are some great products on the market that can help to alleviate this type of problem. One of my favorite products (that’s also all natural) is Bed Bug Bites Treatment Skin by Bubba Rose. In my experience, nearly all over-the-counter and prescription medications for bed bug bites will help with the itching and swelling. It may take a couple of days but they really work quite well. The only drawback is that they will not kill the bed bugs but they keep the miserable bugs away while you’re using their natural yet effective treatment. I also heard from her sister- and thank God, because I never would have thought of this on my own. They both had bed bug bite marks on their skin, and when they applied the aloe vera gel they were able to get rid of their bed bug bite marks overnight! This is a great trick if you don’t want to use expensive ways to get rid of those nasty bites on your ankles.
Bed Bug Bite Treatment Skin
What are bed bug bites?
Bed bug bites are a skin reaction to an insect’s saliva, which is injected into the body when it bites. These tiny insects are about the size of an apple seed and can be found in mattresses, box springs, bed frames and headboards. Although they don’t transmit disease, they can cause itching and swelling at the site of the bite as well as psychological distress.
There are several signs that may indicate you’ve been bitten by a bedbug:
- You wake up with multiple red bumps on various parts of your body (typically ankles and back)
- You notice small blood spots on your sheets or pillowcases after lying down for naps during daylight hours
- You feel itchy around cracks in your mattress or along seams where two pieces of fabric meet
How to identify bed bug bites
A bed bug bite can be identified by its physical characteristics. Bed bug bites are usually red, itchy bumps that look like many other bug bites. Most bed bug bites appear on the arms and shoulders, but they can occur anywhere on the body. In some cases, a small puncture hole may also be seen in addition to or instead of itching or redness. The bites often take the form of a small white center surrounded by a red halo.
The severity of symptoms varies from person to person and will depend on factors such as how long you were exposed to bed bugs before being bitten and how many times you were bitten—the more times you have been bitten, the worse your reaction will likely be (proportionally).
How to treat bed bug bites
- For itching, clean the area with soap and water.
- Apply an anti-itch cream or calamine lotion to reduce the itching.
- Use an antihistamine if you have severe itching or swelling.
If your bites are still bothering you after a few days, apply an over-the-counter corticosteroid cream to your skin to relieve pain and reduce swelling and redness.
Other symptoms of bed bugs
Bed bugs do not spread disease. Bed bugs are not known to spread disease, but their presence may cause itching and loss of sleep. Bed bugs can be a nuisance because their presence may cause itching and loss of sleep. They can also be difficult to eliminate because they hide in hard-to-reach places like seams and folds of mattresses, box springs, bed frames, and headboards.
Bed bugs do not fly, but they can move quickly over floors, walls and ceilings. Bed bug bites generally appear as red welts on the skin that may itch for several days or longer after being bitten by the pest. These red welts are caused by an allergic reaction to the saliva injected by bedbugs during feeding or from exposure to their droppings (feces).
How to treat red, itchy skin after a bed bug bite
When you have a bed bug bite, there are several things that can be done to treat the skin. Doctors recommend using a topical corticosteroid cream on the itchy bumps to reduce inflammation and swelling. They also suggest taking an oral antihistamine tablet to help with itching.
If you’re still having trouble with redness and itchiness after 24 hours, consider adding an anti-itch cream or over-the-counter pain reliever to your treatment regimen. You might also want to try applying cold compresses (wet cotton swabs) directly on the bites for 15 minutes at a time throughout the day and night until they go away completely; this will help keep them from itching as much as possible while they heal up underneath that layer of ointment or moisture barrier lotion (i.e., Vaseline).
If your skin isn’t getting better after two days or if you notice any signs of infection such as pus oozing from where a bedbug bit you during sleep—or if fever sets in—it’s important that see someone who knows how best handle these situations before they become serious problems!
If you think you have been bitten by bugs, learn how to recognize the signs and look for these pests.
If you think you have been bitten by bugs, learn how to recognize the signs and look for these pests. Bed bugs like to hide in small spaces so they are hard to find. The best way to identify a bed bug infestation is by looking for tiny blood spots on your sheets or mattress. These spots will leave a reddish brown stain on fabric that looks similar to rust or ketchup when rubbed with detergent. If you see these stains, inspect other areas of your home for any signs of bed bugs including:
- Small (1/4 inch long) dark brown or black flattened oval-shaped insects that are found in crevices mostly in beds and furniture such as box springs, mattresses and headboards;
- A sweet musty odor near their hiding places;
- FAST RELIEF FROM ITCHY BUG BITES: Whether it’s a nasty mosquito or bed bug bite, the itch and painful swelling will be gone quick with Zax’s Original Bug Bite and Anti Itch Cream.
- SOOTHING RASH RELIEF CREAM: Irritated dry skin, rashes, eczema, poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac got you scratching? Zax’s Original Anti-Itch Cream offers soothing relief.
- GET BACK TO THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Are you missing all your favorite outdoor activities; hunting, fishing, camping and hiking? Get back out there knowing Zax’s Original Bug Bite Cream has you covered
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Colloidal oatmeal Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel, Menthol helps relieve skin rash, itching and swelling
- ITCH RELIEF OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Apply 3x a day. If you don’t like it or aren’t experiencing the results you expected…we’ll give you a no-questions-asked refund. We stand behind all our products and know that you’ll love it.
Additional Info :
- STOP ITCHY BITES FROM RUINING YOUR FUN Handy pocket size twist up stick is easy to carry so you can always be prepared when insect bites happen (and they always do). If you or someone you know is sensitive or allergic to mosquito bites (including baby) this convenient itch reliever will be YOUR NEW FAVORITE FIND for camping, hiking and any outdoor activity
- SAFE and EASY FOR CHILDREN TO CARRY and APPLY THEMSELVES The perfect bug bite thing to bring to camp. Works for bites, bumps, bruises and scratches. This all natural bug bite treatment is solid like a lip balm, so there’s NO DRIPPY MESS, NO ODOR, NO STING and NO HEAT PAIN when applying, and is completely natural and safe for all ages.
- MULTIPLE USES Not just bites, but also chapped or irritated skin, bumps, bruises, small cuts, scratches, chapped lips, sunburn, minor campfire burns, dry skin, CPAP machine nose sores, poison ivy and oak, scabies, eczema, jellyfish stings and as a treatment for other insect bites like chigger, flea, spider mite, gnat, bed bug, no see um and horse fly
- STOPS ITCH AND PAIN FAST thanks to the deep penetrating power of emu oil. EMU OIL ABSORBS INTO THE SKIN BETTER and faster than any other oil BECAUSE IT’S SO SIMILAR TO HUMAN SKIN OIL. This makes it the perfect base oil to carry the other anti itch and skin soothing ingredients with it for MAXIMUM EFFECT
- DON’T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT IT – Keep yourself, your family, kids and your friends itch with the On the Go Stick. Available in a MONEY SAVING 3 PACK so you’ll always have one handy. Keep them in your backpack, purse, first aid kit, tackle box, saddle bag, medicine cabinet and travel kit.
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- Non-Toxic, Dye-Free, Paraben-Free. Ammonia-Free. Hydrocortisone-Free. Plant-Based. No Artificial Fragrances.
- Natural Bug Bite Relief: Our patented formula combines White Willow Bark (nature’s aspirin) and Helichrysum plus lavender, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus for their counter-irritant properties.
- Packed with Essential Oils: Enjoy the natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of lemongrass, geranium and lavender, while cooling menthol acts as an external analgesic. Soothes the Itch: Find relief from bee and wasp stings, mosquito and spider bites, horse flies, even chiggers and fire ants with this powerful and all-natural after-bite cream.
- Fast-Acting & Long-Lasting: Our soothing, ammonia-free insect itch and pain relief cream absorbs quickly and has a light, pleasant scent.
- Easy, Portable & Kid Friendly: Get soothing relief from bug bites that you can use up to four times a day*
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA – Nature’s Willow was born from the efforts of a Tennessee daughter developing a product to help ease her mother’s pain.
Additional Info :