Skin problems like rashes, eczema, psoriasis and hives are basically common allergy issues. However, the serious skin disease called dermatitis can also be a part of this. A person suffering from dermatitis experiences itching, redness and intense skin inflammation. While dermatitis is swelling of the skin caused by an allergic reaction to some substances, stress or other external factors. If your hand is itching, you should consider bed bug bites allergic reaction symptoms as well. It’s not easy to identify bed bug bites because they look much like mosquito bites & most doctors overlook bed bug bites as the common condition of insect bite victims. But if you find yourself on this page, chances are that you’ve recently discovered you have bed bugs on your hands and want to learn more about their causes and treatment options. Almost everyone gets bed bug bites at some point in their life and if you are reading this page then you probably have them and are wondering what you can do about it. This page is filled with information on your itchy allergic reaction from Bed Bug Bites. To get rid of the Bed Bugs you will need to learn more about the origins of their bites, learn about the most effective ways to kill them, and discover ways to prevent infestation at home.
Bed Bug Bites Allergic Reaction Symptoms
It is not possible to predict if a person will have an allergic reaction to Bed Bug Bites.
It is not possible to predict if a person will have an allergic reaction to bedbug bites. A small percentage of the population is at risk for severe reactions, including anaphylactic shock; however, most people will not experience any symptoms or only mild symptoms. If you are bitten by a bed bug and start developing red welts and itchiness around the affected area, seek medical attention immediately as these reactions need to be treated with antihistamines or corticosteroids (depending on severity). Bed bugs can cause serious health problems when present in large numbers or if there is an allergic reaction from their bites.
Allergic Reaction Symptoms
Allergic reactions to bed bug bites are very common and can happen to anyone. The most common symptoms include:
- Swelling, itching and redness of the skin surrounding the bite area
- Diarrhea or vomiting (rare)
More severe allergic reactions may include:
- Insect sting allergy symptoms such as hives, shortness of breath, abdominal pain or anaphylaxis — an immediate reaction that can cause life-threatening breathing problems. Anaphylaxis usually causes a rash along with other symptoms such as excessive swelling (edema), blisters in your throat or mouth that make it hard to breathe, trouble swallowing food or a sudden drop in blood pressure causing lightheadedness.
A highly allergic person will have more severe symptoms.
A highly allergic person will have more severe symptoms than a moderately allergic person. They may experience vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea; hives; difficulty breathing; and swelling of the lips. If you think you are having an allergic reaction to bed bug bites, seek medical attention immediately!
A peek inside a child’s mouth with blisters is seen in this photo.
As you can see, the child’s tongue is covered with blisters. This is a serious allergic reaction to bed bug bites. Because blisters can occur when the skin is broken, they may occur on any part of the body including your face and hands. The bumps will be red or pink and may make it difficult to talk or eat until they are treated. Blisters are often uncomfortable and painful; some people describe them as “hot.”
A close-up of bed bug bites is shown in this photo.
Bed bug bites are often grouped in a row, and can be itchy, swollen and painful. They last for up to a week.
While the reaction to bed bug bites is common, it’s not necessarily dangerous. But if you’re experiencing a severe allergic reaction that includes hives or anaphylaxis (a sudden drop in blood pressure), seek medical attention immediately.
Bed bug bites can cause allergic reactions and serious health problems
Bed bug bites can cause allergic reactions, which vary from mild to severe. Milder forms of allergic reactions may include:
- Redness and swelling at the site of the bite
- Itching and irritation around the bite
- Hives/swelling on your skin
Severe symptoms can occur with severe allergic reactions, including:
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
- One Essential Solution: Aquaphor is one essential solution for many skin care needs; use on dry, cracked skin, as a lip moisturizer, facial moisturizer, hydrating mask, minor wound care and much more
- For Dry, Compromised Skin: This Aquaphor Healing Ointment is designed specifically for dry, compromised skin and clinically proven to restore smooth, healthy skin
- Convenient Replacement: Use Aquaphor Healing Ointment as a replacement for a foot cream or hand cream to help heal dry cracked hands, cuticles and feet
- Ideal for Healing: Different from a body lotion or cream, this ointment is water-free, and soothes skin while creating a protective barrier that allows for the flow of oxygen to create an ideal healing environment
- Includes one (1) 14 ounce jar of Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy Skin Protectant
Additional Info :
- Add a layer of protection to your clothing and gear with Permethrin insect and tick repellent spray — perfect for use on shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, boots, sleeping bags, tents, netting, when outdoors, camping, hunting, or on travel
- Ideal for backpacking, backyard BBQs, and other outdoor activities, it’s effective against more than 55 kinds of insects — from disease-spreading ticks (Lyme disease) and mosquitoes (West Nile and Zika viruses) to chiggers, spiders, mites, and more
- Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks or through 6 washings (whichever comes first) and won’t stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or outdoor gear; odorless after drying
- Reduce likelihood of a tick bite by 73.6 times by treating shoes and socks with Permethrin (University of Rhode Island study – 2017)
- 24-ounce trigger spray bottle treats five complete outfits (updated EPA dosage is 4.5 ounces per outfit consisting of shirt, pants, and socks); maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Picaridin topical repellent for the skin
Additional Info :
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: The active ingredient in these delayed release tablets is omeprazole 20 mg, which works as an acid reducer to treat frequent heartburn. Compare to Prilosec OTC
- TREATS FREQUENT HEARTBURN: Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg treat frequent heartburn that occurs 2 or more times a week
- ACID REDUCER: Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg is a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) that deactivates pumps in the stomach lining to inhibit acid production at the source.
- 14-DAY COURSE OF HEARTBURN TREATMENT: Taken once every 24 hours for 14 days, Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg is not intended for immediate relief of heartburn and may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
- HEARTBURN TIPS: Do not eat late at night or just before bedtime. Certain foods or drinks are more likely to cause heartburn, such as rich, spicy, fatty and fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and even some fruits and vegetables.
Additional Info :