Have you ever been bitten by bed bugs? I have, and it’s not fun. They itch like hell, and you have to scratch them due to the unbearable irritation. Do you know if you have bed bugs in your home? Keep reading for a bed bug bites back review to see what this book is all about. Bed bugs have an increasingly embarrassing plight. They’re outcasts from society, deemed second class citizens by those who do not understand their plight. No one wants to admit that they have a bed bug problem, or the horror which ensues when it does occur. (Though much like the great homeless problem of the U.S., these little creatures are in fact inevitable.)It’s pretty clear that bed bugs are back in a big way. With account upon account of them jumping out of suitcases on planes and scurrying across hotel beds, they’re certainly infiltrating people’s articles, lives, and luggage. What you may not know is that these little creatures are back because of us humans rather than an anomaly with our environment.
Bed Bug Bites Back
Bed bug bites
Bed bugs are small, flat insects that feed on blood. They’re found all over the world and live in bedding, cracks in furniture and walls, or in wood structures such as beds and headboards. They can be seen easily with the naked eye, but they’re good at hiding so you might not see them right away. Bedbug bites look like raised red bumps on the skin that may itch for up to a week after they appear.
Bedbugs don’t fly or hop; instead they crawl from place to place using their slender legs and are usually transported by humans traveling with infested belongings like luggage or furniture (though getting bit by an insect doesn’t necessarily mean you brought it home). Bedbugs have been known to live without feeding for up to 18 months!
Looking for bed bugs
Bed bugs are small, reddish-brown insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. The name ‘bed bug’ is misleading because they don’t just live in beds—they can be found in many places around homes, hotels and other public spaces. Although bed bugs have been around for centuries it wasn’t until about the year 2000 that infestations became common again in North America.
Prepping to treat bed bugs
- Clear clutter: Bed bugs will hitch a ride on anything, so you want to make sure that your home is as clean as possible. This means removing piles of junk from the garage and basement, and throwing out any furniture that is broken or has been infested with bedbugs.
- Empty dresser drawers: When you’re packing up your drawers in preparation for treating for bed bugs, remember to check inside each one for any signs of an infestation—this can include live or dead bed bugs, eggs, fecal matter (the stuff they poop), shed exoskeletons (the thin outer shell they wear when they grow up), and molted skins
Home remedies for bed bugs
You can use several home remedies to get rid of bed bugs. One of the most popular is diatomaceous earth, which is a dust made from the fossilized remains of hard-shelled organisms that lived in ancient seas. The dust is effective because it’s sharp and abrasive, and it will cut through the waxy coating on a bed bug’s body as they try to walk through it.
- Use diatomaceous earth: Cover your mattress with two heavy-duty plastic sheets, one on top and one on bottom. Then sprinkle about 1/4 inch of food-grade diatomaceous earth over all six sides of your mattress—not just three sides as some people recommend—and leave for at least 72 hours before removing the plastic sheets. After removing the sheets, vacuum up any remaining powder that has fallen off onto floors or furniture below (don’t forget to wear protective gear like goggles), then dispose of your vacuum bag outside immediately so no one else accidentally receives treatment from this partiular method!
Other treatments include rubbing alcohol or vinegar solutions poured directly into cracks in walls where they hide during daylight hours; steam cleaners capable of reaching temperatures between 120°C (248°F) to 140°C (284°F); dryer treatments using high heat settings running for 20 minutes straight; vacuums equipped with HEPA filters; essential oils such as cinnamon bark oil mixed with coconut oil rubbed all around baseboards where they live; or even just plain soap & water sprayed directly onto surfaces including mattresses themselves after being cleaned first using regular detergents such as Tide laundry detergent brand products.”
Preventing future infestations
Preventing future infestations of bed bugs is a matter of keeping your home clean and free from clutter, and being vigilant about the signs of infestation.
Here are some things you can do to prevent bed bugs:
- Use a metal canister to store dry goods, such as flour or rice. If you have access to a commercial kitchen, use commercial storage containers instead of metal canisters or other items that aren’t designed specifically for food storage.
- Vacuum up crumbs in the cracks between floors and walls by using a crevice tool attachment on your vacuum cleaner hose. You may also want to use an adhesive trap in these areas, which will catch any insects that come out of hiding when you vacuum them up (be sure not to vacuum over these traps).
- Clean all surfaces with an antimicrobial cleaner such as bleach every week or so (more often if there are pets), but avoid using chemicals that might leave behind residues because they attract pests like ants and roaches — both of which love hanging out near insecticides!
Bed bugs are scary but you can deal with them.
Bed bugs are scary, but you can deal with them.
- Know what they look like and what they eat. Bed bugs have flat, oval-shaped bodies that are reddish-brown in color and elongated at the head and tail ends. They grow to be about 1/4 inch long when adult (about 0.6 centimeter), which means their size is too small to see with your naked eye! They also don’t like sunlight much—they’ll hide under furniture or carpets during the day instead of coming out to feed on you while you sleep at night.
- Know how to find these little suckers if they do get into your home by accident (or deliberately). The best way is by deep cleaning items that may have been left outside for a few days before bringing them inside: vacuum upholstery cushions; take apart mattresses; check for cracks between slats on wooden bed frames; remove drawers from dressers so that you can inspect the bottom surfaces thoroughly before placing any clothing back inside (this will also help keep shoes from getting misplaced). Inspect all clothing bags—even if it’s just one pair of jeans, open up every pocket before putting anything else away so it doesn’t become infested later down the road!
- SOOTHING SPRAY – This spray delivers fast cooling relief for stopping itchy skin from most outdoor itches from insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor sun irritations, burns and minor cuts.
- PAIN RELIEF – Relieves pain by heat, fire, chemicals, creosote, sunburn, radiation therapy, or windburn. It helps to reduce blistering, redness, and scarring from all burns.
- SKIN CARE RELIEF – Imagine relief from heat rash, athlete’s foot, fever blisters, shingles, psoriasis, eczema, acne, insect bites, mosquito bite, bee sting, poison ivy, and other irritations.
- EASY TO USE – A spray of 911 Relief brings your skin back to a normal PH balance, eliminating swelling and pain. Use for adults, kids, dogs, and for outdoor activities, camping, hiking, and family fun.
- MULTI-PURPOSE SPRAY – Made in the USA | A small family owned business. Multi-purpose spray, no need for multiple other products and saves you money.
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- FAST RELIEF FROM ITCHY BUG BITES: Whether it’s a nasty mosquito or bed bug bite, the itch and painful swelling will be gone quick with Zax’s Original Bug Bite and Anti Itch Cream.
- SOOTHING RASH RELIEF CREAM: Irritated dry skin, rashes, eczema, poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac got you scratching? Zax’s Original Anti-Itch Cream offers soothing relief.
- GET BACK TO THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Are you missing all your favorite outdoor activities; hunting, fishing, camping and hiking? Get back out there knowing Zax’s Original Bug Bite Cream has you covered
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Colloidal oatmeal Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel, Menthol helps relieve skin rash, itching and swelling
- ITCH RELIEF OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Apply 3x a day. If you don’t like it or aren’t experiencing the results you expected…we’ll give you a no-questions-asked refund. We stand behind all our products and know that you’ll love it.
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :