Bed bug bites behind ears is a common condition from the biting habits of bed bugs. Bed bugs are small, flat and oval shaped with a brownish-red colored body that is about the size of an apple seed. Bed bugs feed on human blood and live on human blood for five to 10 minutes before hiding in bedding, mattresses or furniture. It could be that someone you are with has bed bugs, or it could be you yourself have them. The only way to tell is if you have experienced the bites in this area. If you are new to having these bites, then it is most likely that they are due to the former cause. Bed bugs aren’t normally found behind the ears, but in some cases they will be. So, you may have a bed bug infestation in your home. Bed bug bites occur because the bed bugs are seeking food and living in your bed. The most common place to find bed bugs is behind the ears. If you are concerned that you have bed bugs, don’t delay in contacting a pest management professional for a proper diagnosis of what’s causing the bites.
Bed Bug Bites Behind Ears
Bed Bugs and Their Bites
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on human blood. They do not fly, but can be easily transported from place to place along with their hosts. Bed bugs hide in crevices in mattresses and other furniture, or behind baseboards, molding and picture frames. They are nocturnal feeders — they bite when you are asleep.
Bed bugs have been known to live for up to 18 months without feeding, which makes it difficult to eradicate them from the home environment once they have established a colony there (this is why bed bug bites behind ears occur more often than any other location). Bed bugs are not known as disease transmitters; however, their presence can cause anxiety and insomnia as well as physical skin irritation from scratching at bite marks on areas where a person sleeps such as behind ears and necklines of clothing.
Bed Bug Bites Behind the Ears
You might think that bed bugs are only attracted to sleeping areas, but they can bite you anywhere in your home. Bed bugs tend to feed on blood from humans and animals, which makes them particularly dangerous for kids and pets.
Bed bug bites behind the ears are actually very common, but other types of bites can look similar so it’s important to know how to tell the difference between a bed bug bite versus any other type of insect bite. If you’re experiencing itching or redness around your ears, it could be due to one of two things: bed bug bites or mosquito bites (or even flea bites). To determine if your symptoms are caused by bed bugs, we’ll go over some common questions about this type of infestation below!
How to Treat a Bed Bug Bite Behind Your Ear
You can treat a bed bug bite behind your ear with:
- A cold compress or ice pack. If you have a bite that is swollen, it can help to apply a cold compress over the area for 15 minutes at least three times per day.
- An antihistamine. If your bite is itching and swelling up, you may be able to relieve some of the symptoms by taking an over-the-counter antihistamine like Benadryl or Zyrtec. These drugs block histamine (a substance produced by the immune system) from constricting blood vessels in response to allergens such as pollen or dust mites. They also help reduce inflammation caused by scratching bites!
Can Bed Bug Bites Behind the Ears be Treated at Home?
While bed bugs are generally harmless to humans, they can cause skin irritation and welts in people who are sensitive. Most bites can be treated at home with over-the-counter remedies such as calamine lotion and aloe vera gel. If you’re still experiencing itching or other symptoms after a few days of self-treatment, see your doctor for advice on how to proceed.
Home remedies include:
- A cool compress applied to the bite area several times a day will help relieve swelling, itchiness and redness.
- Applying baking soda paste directly to the bite site can also provide relief from itchiness and pain if you have sensitive skin. The baking soda will neutralize any acidity left in the wound caused by saliva from a bed bug bite as well as reduce swelling if it’s present around the area of penetration into your skin (which is why some people report being bitten multiple times). Plus this method may also kill any bacteria that cause infection after being bitten by an insect like those discussed here!
If all else fails try making an anti-itch cream using clove oil instead – it may help relieve symptoms such as swelling or burning sensation when applied topically.”
How to Prevent Bed Bug Bites on the Ears
To prevent bed bug bites on the ears, you should:
- Keep your home clean. Bed bugs like to hide in dark places and crevices, so make sure all the clutter is gone from your home. Also vacuum regularly and keep windows closed as much as possible, especially at night.
- Don’t store stuff under beds or furniture. This includes clothes, shoes and other items that can be used for bed bug hiding spots; if you need extra space for storage purposes (e.g., if you live in a small apartment), consider purchasing storage containers instead of keeping things under beds or in closets where they create dark crevices that bed bugs love to hide in!
- Don’t buy second hand furniture unless it has been thoroughly checked by a professional exterminator first – even then it’s not 100% guaranteed there won’t be any hidden infestations within said piece(s)..
Bed bug bites behind ears can be painful and annoying. Here are some tips for preventing and treating them.
Bed bugs are tiny insects that feed on human blood. Bed bugs usually bite the skin, suck blood, and leave behind a red itchy bump or rash. Bed bug bites can cause skin rashes and allergic reactions in some people. These bites are most commonly found behind the ears, but they can occur anywhere on your body exposed while sleeping (neck, shoulder blades).
You should treat bed bug bites as soon as possible because they can become infected if left untreated. Treatment includes applying hydrocortisone cream to relieve itching and burning sensations caused by these itchy bites. You should also wash all clothing worn during an infestation with hot water and launder at least once before wearing again so you don’t bring any left-over eggs into your home!
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
- A Massage Body Scrub – Majestic Pure Himalayan Salt Scrub is formulated with powerful Natural Ingredients including Lychee berry, Sweet Almond Oil, and various Nutrients for their benefits on skin. Lychee Berry Oil has a soft, delicate scent and is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. Bath Scrub Detoxifies & Hydrates skin. It can be used by Men & Women.
- Himalayan Pink Salt Scrub – Himalayan salt is known for its impressive nutrient profile, which includes high trace amounts of calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper & iron. These nutrients help detoxify skin by balancing pH levels in the body. The pink salt crystals act as a pore-minimizer to restore smooth, soft skin; Himalayan Salt color can vary from light to dark pink color hence the scrub color may vary.
- Detoxification + Hydration – Salt Body Scrub Exfoliate for Body removes dead cells, toxins, dirt, pollution, and from pores. Scrubbing with sea salt scrub also assists in rejuvenation of skin; leaving not only your skin revived but also refreshing your whole Mind, Body, and Spirit
- Skin Blemish Solution – Our unique blend of ingredients can help to reduce the appearance of Acne, Blackheads, Cellulite, Stretch Marks, Scars, and Excess Oil. A pore-minimizer and hydrating solution to leave your skin feeling smoother, softer, and firmer. Great leg exfoliator for strawberry legs.
- Cruelty-Free, Made in USA – At Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals, we are proud to provide you with all-natural and naturally-based cruelty-free products made right here in the United States of America
Additional Info :
- One Essential Solution: Aquaphor is one essential solution for many skin care needs; use on dry, cracked skin, as a lip moisturizer, facial moisturizer, hydrating mask, minor wound care and much more
- For Dry, Compromised Skin: This Aquaphor Healing Ointment is designed specifically for dry, compromised skin and clinically proven to restore smooth, healthy skin
- Convenient Replacement: Use Aquaphor Healing Ointment as a replacement for a foot cream or hand cream to help heal dry cracked hands, cuticles and feet
- Ideal for Healing: Different from a body lotion or cream, this ointment is water-free, and soothes skin while creating a protective barrier that allows for the flow of oxygen to create an ideal healing environment
- Includes one (1) 14 ounce jar of Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy Skin Protectant
Additional Info :
- Add a layer of protection to your clothing and gear with Permethrin insect and tick repellent spray — perfect for use on shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, boots, sleeping bags, tents, netting, when outdoors, camping, hunting, or on travel
- Ideal for backpacking, backyard BBQs, and other outdoor activities, it’s effective against more than 55 kinds of insects — from disease-spreading ticks (Lyme disease) and mosquitoes (West Nile and Zika viruses) to chiggers, spiders, mites, and more
- Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks or through 6 washings (whichever comes first) and won’t stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or outdoor gear; odorless after drying
- Reduce likelihood of a tick bite by 73.6 times by treating shoes and socks with Permethrin (University of Rhode Island study – 2017)
- 24-ounce trigger spray bottle treats five complete outfits (updated EPA dosage is 4.5 ounces per outfit consisting of shirt, pants, and socks); maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Picaridin topical repellent for the skin
Additional Info :