You’ve heard all the hype around the media these past few years: “Bed bugs are on the rise and closing in on urban areas”. The truth is they already live near you, they’re just not (yet) as noticeable as flea bites or mosquito bites. The biggest problem that remains is that people don’t see ‘bed bug bites’ like they see ‘flea bites’ or ‘mosquito bites’. Bed Bug Bites vs Flea Bites — Comparison Chart You’ve probably experienced both bed bug bites and flea bites. It’s the time of year where fleas are a problem with dogs and other pets. However, you may have been bitten by a bed bug recently and there is confusion about what a bed bug bite looks like compared to a flea bite. Let’s discuss in this article. As you already know, flea bites and bed bug bites look very similar to each other. They are round, red, itchy bumps that happen anywhere on your body where the bed bugs happen to bite you. They tend to occur randomly, like a mosquito bite. For example, one day you would have a dozen flea bites on your body and the next you would have none and instead have a few different bed bug bites. So how do you know if it is a flea or bed bug bite? I am here to help you out!
Bed Bug Bites Compared To Flea Bites
How do you know if it’s bed bugs or fleas that bit you?
To determine whether you have bed bugs or fleas, look at the bite pattern. Bed bug bites often occur in a cluster, while flea bites are usually in a straight line. Also, flea bites tend to be on the lower legs and ankles while bed bug bites tend to be higher up on your body as well as on your arms and hands. If you’re bitten by both types of critters at once, it can be hard to tell which one bit you first without doing some research into their respective habitats (and I’m not going near that topic).
Bed bugs also leave a characteristic pattern of redness around their bites: they will appear in zigzag patterns on your skin if they’ve been feeding for several minutes (or longer).
What Do Flea Bites Look Like?
Flea bites are typically small, red bumps that can vary in size. They may resemble a small red dot or appear as a cluster of similar-sized bumps. They also generally appear in lines along the ankles and lower legs, but flea bites can occur anywhere on the skin. Fleas are notorious for biting humans and animals alike, so any type of animal that has fleas might be at risk for developing a reaction to them—even if it’s just one flea bite!
Flea bites often itch intensely and may be accompanied by additional symptoms such as swelling, redness around the area where you were bitten (and possibly even surrounding areas), and even hives or rashes (especially if you have sensitive skin). If your pet has been exposed to fleas recently and shows signs of irritation after being bitten by one of these parasites themselves—like scratching excessively at certain areas on their body—you should try treating both your pet first before attempting any ointments or creams yourself since they may not work well together.
What Do Bed Bug Bites Look Like?
Unlike flea bites, bed bug bites are flat and can be red or itchy. They typically occur in a row, making them easy to spot. Bed bugs will also leave behind small black dots at the bite site. This is because they excrete their waste as they feed on you!
Bed bug bites are usually found on exposed skin such as your arms and legs. The most common areas for these tiny creatures to attack include:
- Face (around eyes)
You’ve been bitten, but what bit you?
If you’ve been bitten, you may be wondering what bit you. Is it a flea? A bed bug? The answer is probably neither. Because both flea and bed bug bites can occur on the lower legs, it’s important to know what to look for if you think you have either of these pests in your home.
A flea bite will appear as a raised red bump (or several) on your leg or foot that sometimes looks like a mosquito or other insect bite. It can itch or be painful as well as cause an allergic reaction in some people (known as “fleabite dermatitis”). Flea bites are often found in clusters because they tend to bite multiple times over the course of feeding sessions. If fleas were feeding off of one person while they were lying down—and then later when they stand up—they will likely leave behind small dots or droplets of blood where each time they bit their victim before moving on again; this is why many people find small dots when searching through their sheets for evidence of crawling bugs!
Bed bugs cannot spread from adult humans through direct contact with another person’s body fluids (like saliva). Instead, they must feed directly on human blood at least once every few weeks in order to survive; otherwise their bodies begin breaking down into waste products and die within about 45 days after being born alive into the world.”
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- Quick acting formula
- EPA registered in all 50 states
- Available in a 30oz size
Additional Info :
- Tried-and-true relief from After Bite, stopping the itch from insect bites for over 45 years
- Powerful itch relieving liquid formula in an easy-to-use portable applicator pen
- Named the #1 pharmacist recommended brand for insect bite treatment by Pharmacy Times
- Relieves itching caused by bug bites from mosquitoes, black flies, fire ants, bees, and more
- After Bite is an effective anti-itch solution that contains no parabens and is cruelty-free
Additional Info :