When staying in a hotel and find bed bug bites, it is important to have them identified. If the hotel has bed bugs, this should not be taken lightly. Hotel staff should be able to identify the insect(s) that are present and provide reassurance you will not come in contact with them again. I have been bitten by bed bugs before and it can be very irritating. Bed bug problems in luxury hotels have become extremely common throughout the United States. Millions of people visit these luxurious bed bug infested hotels each year as they are both a place to vacation and/or stay during business trips. Bed bugs could be easily brought into the hotels’ rooms on luggage, clothing, or personal items. Biting bedbugs are a nightmare for many hotel visitors, who complain to the hotel manager after discovering red welts and bites all over their bodies. Bedbugs have been in the news a lot recently, with several hotels affected worldwide.
Bed Bug Bites In Hotel
What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small, brownish insects that feed on human blood. They’re usually about the size of an apple seed and can be hard to see. Bed bugs can also be found in other places such as planes and trains.
Not everyone reacts to bed bug bites, but some people will have red, itchy bumps where they were bitten. Some people have no reaction at all!
Bed bugs do not spread diseases like other pests like ticks or fleas do – so don’t worry too much about this!
Bed bug bites
Bed bug bites tend to appear in clusters, often on exposed areas of the body. They can be itchy and painful, and they may cause allergic reactions in some people. Bed bug bites can take a week or more to heal. Some people mistake them for mosquito bites, but bed bug bites are usually in a straight line with multiple red bumps around it; mosquito bites are not connected by lines or appear more random in their placement on the body.
According to the CDC: “The most common signs and symptoms from bed bugs include: red bite marks (resembling an allergic reaction) that develop into rashes that itch intensely for up to 2 weeks; small skin wounds resulting from scratching; and tiny black fecal spots on sheets or mattresses.”
Signs of a bed bug infestation
Signs of a bed bug infestation in your hotel room
• Look for signs of bed bugs (pink/red marks on your skin) and their eggs, which are small and oval shaped with a white center.
• Bed bugs can be found in the seams of mattresses and bed frames as well as electrical outlets, furniture joints – any place they can hide out during the day when you’re not using the room. They will bite you while you sleep if they have access to an exposed part of your body like an arm or leg.
• Bed bugs have six legs but no antennae or wings. They’re about 1/4 inch long for nymphs and 1/2 inch long for adults; both nymphs and adults have reddish-brown coloration with flat bodies that allow them to easily hide under mattress seams or behind baseboards where it’s dark enough for them to survive without being noticed by humans who might accidentally squash one against their skin while sleeping in bed at night.
How to treat bed bug bites
- Wash the affected area with soap and water.
- Apply hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion to the bite.
- Apply an antihistamine cream or oral medication to reduce itching.
- Apply antibiotic ointment to prevent infection if you experience swelling, redness and/or pus at the site of your bite(s).
Preventing future infestations
As you plan your next trip, be sure to check the hotel bed for signs of bed bugs. A few cases of infestation are not uncommon at all. Look for:
- black or brown staining on your sheets or mattress
- small blood stains on the mattress, box spring or headboard
- tiny dark spots that look like pieces of pepper scattered throughout the bedding
If you see any of these signs, leave immediately and alert management about what you found. If you suspect a bed bug infestation after checking in but haven’t yet unpacked all your belongings, move straight into another room without taking anything with you (including luggage). If possible, put everything into a plastic bag while waiting for new accommodations to be found; this will help prevent any chance of bringing them with you when moving out later on down the line!
Bed bugs are unpleasant and difficult to control, but you can take steps to keep them at bay.
Bed bugs are not dangerous, but they can cause unpleasant skin reactions. They’re small insects that feed on human blood. They’re not a sign of poor hygiene, and they can be difficult to control.
- SAFE AND NATURAL. Made from natural ingredients. Use on airplane, cruise ships, and all hotels, motels, and hostels. Children, pets, and plant safe.
- STAIN AND SCENT FREE. Natural insecticide produced by a team of top entomologists. Get a good night’s sleep without worrying about staining bedding and pillows. Apply directly to sheets, mattress and pillow covers. Scent free with no harmful fumes that come from traditional pesticides.
- PROVEN INSECT KILLER. Tested and proven to protect against bugs. Premo Guard Bed Bug, Lice and Mite Spray kills bugs on contact in all life stages (eggs, nymphs, adults). Also effective on lice, dust mites, spider mites, bird mites, mold mites, cockroaches, silverfish, fleas, and ants.
- GUARANTEED RESULTS. We ensure our products are supplied from Certified Natural Products Association (NPA) and Approved Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facilities. All our products are third party tested and approved.
Additional Info :
- PROVEN 100% EFFECTIVE — Journal of Economic Entomology published a, independent study by the prestigious Rutgers University Entomogy Department, which confirmed that Bed Bug Patrol is “The Most Effective Essential Oil-Based Pesticide” on the market. Bed Bug Patrol’s 100% natural, proprietary formula eradicates bedbugs in every cycle of life form, from egg and nymph, to pesticide-resistant mutating adults. Helping to prevent future infestations of bed bugs and stopping mutation in it’s tracks.
- PLANT-BASED, NON-TOXIC, UNIVERSITY STUDIED, CHILD AND PET SAFE — Made in the USA, using 100% natural and non-toxic ingredients. No more worries of toxic fumes or dangerous chemicals coming in contact with you and your family.
- TSA APPROVED MAX 3.2oz TRAVEL SIZE — Bed Bug Patrol Travel Spray is sized specifically to meet the 3.2 oz liquid travel limitation imposed by TSA, while still packing enough power to protect even the worst hotel rooms from infestations.
- FREE STEP-BY-STEP E-BOOK — Message us for your digital PDF eBook on How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs. This eBook gives you an in-depth look on bed bugs and how to effectively win your bed bug battle quickly and effectively!
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE — Formulated by our founder, a 25 year natural approach based Homeopathic Practitioner, Bill Carlson. He personally guarantees that Bed Bug Patrol Bed Bug Killer will work, or your money back! We stand behind our products and dare you to try it 100% Risk-Free for 30 days. If you are not satified. We will refund 100% of your money. All we ask is that you tell us why it did not work for you, so we can continually get feedback, to continue to always improve our products!!
Additional Info :
- THE MOST EFFECTIVE BED BUG KILLER — Journal of economic entomology published university study confirmed that EcoRaider is the only natural product that kills bed bugs with 100 percent efficacy
- PROVEN THROUGH USDA IR4 PHP PROGRAM — field tested by research entomologists for eradicating bed bug infestations in public housing buildings and recommend for sensitive environment
- KILL ALL STAGES INCLUSIVE & EVEN RESISTANT BED BUGS — Kills bed bug adults and nymphs fast on contact with 100% efficacy, kills bed bugs that are resistant to traditional pesticides. Proven highest performance in eliminating bed bug eggs
- EXTENDED DRY RESIDUAL PROTECTION — University study shows EcoRaider residual provides extended protection for two weeks on bed bugs even after dried
- NON-TOXIC, SAFE AND ECO-FRIENDLY — certified USDA BioBased insecticide, dermatologically safe; child and pet friendly; safe to use directly on mattress and box springs.
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :