Bed bug bites on child can cause bites to look like someone has hit the child in several places. However, they are perfectly innocent and the best you can do is to look at the picture above and try to compare them at home and take the right steps to help your pus-filled, itchy child. You can do something to ease the symptoms of bed bug bites. Open up your medicine cabinet and take out some Benadryl (generic diphenhydramine). This nonprescription topical treatment works best on small children and infants because it will help to stop the itching and provide a good night’s sleep for your little one. I wrote this article to share my experience and give you advice for how to treat bed bug bites. I was up until about 2am searching for info on how to stop the itching, and whether I should call an ambulance or if we had anything with stronger ingredients we could apply.
Bed Bug Bites On Child
How to tell if my child has bed bug bites?
- Look for red bumps on the skin.
- The pattern of the bites can help identify the cause.
- Most bug bites occur at night.
- Most bug bites occur on exposed skin, such as arms and legs, rather than covered areas like the back or face.
- The skin around the bite area can be red and inflamed, although this is not always present in bed bug bites and may be caused by something else like eczema or hives.
Bed Bug Bites on Child – What are they?
Bed bug bites on a child can leave red bumps and welts. The rash can be itchy and look like a mosquito bite, but there are several differences between the two:
- Bed bug bites may appear in different shapes, such as round or oval. They’re usually small, but they can grow larger and become raised into wheals (raised areas) under the skin. These bumps may have a clear top or dark red centre. If you see these bumps filled with fluid, then you know it’s not just a typical rash or bite from an insect like mosquitoes or fleas!
- You might notice that your child has multiple bites in one area of their body; this is often seen on arms, legs and torso where clothing doesn’t cover those areas when sleeping at night-time! If so many bed bugs were feeding on your child at once (or even just one), then chances are pretty high that something more serious than just itching would happen too – especially if there are large numbers involved!
What causes child bed bug bites?
Bed bug bites can be caused by bed bugs. Bed bugs are nocturnal and feed on blood. They are attracted to carbon dioxide, body heat and the smell of your skin. Bed bugs are about the size of an apple seed, flat and round. They are reddish-brown in color with oval bodies that taper at both ends.
When do child bed bug bites occur?
The majority of humans are bitten when they are asleep or otherwise inactive. Bed bugs may also bite children who play or cuddle with their pets, such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Bed bugs can be active at any time of the day or night but prefer to feed on people while they are asleep.
Bed bug bites often appear as a small red pinprick on the skin that will develop into a raised welt within 12 hours and may take up to three days to disappear completely. The welt is usually itchy but not painful and some people do not react at all! However if you have had an allergic reaction in the past then you may experience an allergic reaction which could cause swelling, hives or even anaphylaxis (a life-threatening condition).
Are child bed bug bites dangerous?
Child bed bug bites are not known to spread disease, but you should still seek medical attention. Bites can cause allergic reactions in some people, although the vast majority of people suffer no adverse health effects from their bites. The allergic reaction is more likely if you have developed an allergy to other insects such as wasps or ticks. If a person does have severe allergic reaction to bed bugs, they may need medical help immediately because symptoms can include wheezing, hives and swelling around the bite area.
Bed bugs are not known to carry any diseases that humans could catch from them but they can cause skin infections if they bite repeatedly while feeding on your blood over time. The problem with getting infected by bed bugs is that their saliva contains many proteins that cause an allergic reaction called histamine release which makes the skin itchy and red at first then forms a small lump at each bite site as well as causing swelling in those areas too (this is called urticaria).
The best way to avoid infections is by preventing any further bites so always wash your hands after handling items which may contain some live insects inside them like books etc.. Another tip would be not allowing anyone else into your home until all traces of these pests have been eliminated completely by hiring professionals who know how exactly deal properly with such infestations – don’t try this yourself unless absolutely necessary!
How can I treat kid’s bed bug bites?
You can treat kid’s bed bug bites with a cold compress and an anti-itch cream. This will help to ease swelling and discomfort. You should also keep the area clean and use a topical anesthetic, such as 1% of benzocaine, to relieve pain.
Do not use an anti-itch cream on children younger than 2 years without consulting their doctor first.
If you find your child has red itchy bumps on the skin, then you need to check this out immediately.
Bed bugs are small, flat insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. They’re not known to spread diseases, but their bites can cause itching, redness and swelling for a few days. It’s important to know how to check for bed bugs if you think your home has them.
If your child is one of the people who has been suffering from these itchy red bumps on their skin after spending time in bed during sleep, it is very likely that they have been bitten by bed bugs. Bedbugs are nocturnal creatures that hide in crevices and cracks during daytime hours. They tend to infest places where there is warmth such as mattresses or upholstered furniture (like sofas). Because they prefer warm environments such as beds, couches and other fabric-covered furniture items which provide them with plenty of food sources such as human blood (and sometimes pet hair), this makes it easy for these pests to lay eggs in those areas without being disturbed too much by humans moving around at night while sleeping soundly upstairs without knowing anyone below could be getting bitten by something else instead – namely: parasites!
- INDEPENDENT TEST SHOW 100% EFFICACY — BED BUG PATROL has shown in independent tests by Rutgers University Entomology Department in an independent report that was published by The Journal of Economic Entomology published study and Snell Scientifics published independant study confirmed that Bed Bug Patrol is “The Most Effective Essential Oil-Based Pesticide Available”. Bed Bug Patrol’s proprietary formula eradicates bedbugs in every cycle of life from eggs to pesticide-resistant adults.
- NATURAL PLANT-BASED, NON-TOXIC, CHILD AND PET SAFE — Made using natural, organic, and non-toxic ingredients. No more worries of toxic fumes or dangerous chemicals coming in contact with you and your family.
- STAIN FREE — Our one-of-a-kind formula can be used on any water-safe surface including: upholstery, mattresses, bed linens, clothing, floors, walls, etc. Simply spray a light mist and watch as we leave nothing but a pleasant peppermint smell and destroyed bed bugs behind.
- Included in every order is our downloadable eBook which gives an in-depth look on bed bugs and how to effectively win your bed bug battle!
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE — Formulated by natural pest professionals, Bed Bug Patrol Bed Bug Killer is guaranteed effective to work. We stand behind our product and dare you to try it 100% Risk-Free for 33 days and if you have not eliminated your bed bug problem we will refund 100% of your purchase. No questions asked.
Additional Info :
|Color||24oz (1 Pack)|
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- THE MOST EFFECTIVE BED BUG KILLER — Journal of economic entomology published university study confirmed that EcoRaider is the only natural product that kills bed bugs with 100 percent efficacy
- PROVEN THROUGH USDA IR4 PHP PROGRAM — field tested by research entomologists for eradicating bed bug infestations in public housing buildings and recommend for sensitive environment
- KILL ALL STAGES INCLUSIVE & EVEN RESISTANT BED BUGS — Kills bed bug adults and nymphs fast on contact with 100% efficacy, kills bed bugs that are resistant to traditional pesticides. Proven highest performance in eliminating bed bug eggs
- EXTENDED DRY RESIDUAL PROTECTION — University study shows EcoRaider residual provides extended protection for two weeks on bed bugs even after dried
- NON-TOXIC, SAFE AND ECO-FRIENDLY — certified USDA BioBased insecticide, dermatologically safe; child and pet friendly; safe to use directly on mattress and box springs.
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :