Bed bug bites on skin treatment is one of the primary concerns of people bitten by bed bugs. The major sites will tell you that these bites are a characteristic symptom of an infestation by this pest. While this is true, many doctors and other medical practitioners will tell you it isn’t the only problem. There can be serious bacterial complications that are accompanied by these bites. Bed bug bites on skin can be an irritating, itchy nuisance. You’ve probably experienced these pesky insect bites on your own skin before. Overview of Bed Bug Bites The first step to treating easy-to-see insect bites is having a proper inspection done by a pest control professional. These bugs are notorious for hiding away in cracks, crevices, walls and even inside furniture if they have access.If you have bed bug bites and want to get rid of them fast, then the natural product I am about to mention is the best. It was given 5 stars by over 300 consumers.
Bed Bug Bites On Skin Treatment
What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small, flat, oval-shaped insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals.
They have a reddish-brown colour and can grow to 4–5 millimetres in length. They are wingless creatures with long antennae that they use to sense heat and carbon dioxide emitted by their hosts. When they detect these scents, bed bugs will begin moving toward their host using an itch-like movement called “questing”. Once they reach their host, bed bugs attach themselves using two small appendages before feeding on it with an elongated mouthpiece called a proboscis. Bed bug bites cause skin irritation and redness as well as an itchy sensation similar to mosquito bites or fleabites caused by lice or ticks.
What do bed bug bites look like?
Bed bug bites usually appear in a cluster or group on exposed areas of the body, such as the arms, hands and face. The bites may also be found in a straight line.
The bites are red and swollen and are often mistaken for mosquito or flea bites. If you have bed bugs, there may be some swelling around your eyes as well. Bed bug bites can also look like hives but they aren’t itchy like hives are unless there’s an allergic reaction to them (more on that later). You may not even know that you’ve been bitten if the insect didn’t come in contact with much of your skin or if you were asleep at the time of its attack.
How do I avoid getting bitten by bed bugs?
The best ways to avoid getting bitten by bed bugs are:
- Wash your clothes and bedding in hot water.
- Use a bed bug spray.
- Keep your home tidy so no food can get on or under furniture, which attracts them. If you see something that looks like their eggs (small white bumps on the surface of the wood), put sticky traps under the legs of tables and chairs to catch them before they reach maturity into adults!
If you think there might be an infestation in your area, it’s important to use these methods as soon as possible because over time they will multiply rapidly if left unchecked!
How do I get rid of bed bugs in my home?
- Fumigation: The most effective way to get rid of bed bugs is by using a pest control company to fumigate your home. This will cost you a few hundred dollars, but it’s worth it if you want to get rid of the problem for good.
- Chemical treatment: You can also use chemicals to kill bed bugs — they’re not very effective on their own and are usually used in conjunction with other measures, like heat treatment or vacuuming/sweeping/vacuuming again.
- Heat treatment: Using extreme heat can also kill off an infestation, though this method takes longer than fumigation (about 2 hours per room) and isn’t as thorough because there are many cracks where the insects might be hiding that aren’t touched by the temperature.
Bed bug bites and insomnia – what is the connection?
Bed bug bites are often associated with insomnia. If you are living in fear of bed bugs and the prospect of being bitten, you may find yourself having trouble sleeping. Your anxiety over the possibility of a bite can keep you up at night—and then once night falls, your mind starts worrying that bed bugs might be crawling all over your body while you sleep, causing more stress and further interrupting sleep cycles.
If you suffer from insomnia on account of bed bug bites or other reasons and would like to get some relief for it, there are several options available to help improve the quality of your sleep:
- Talk to your doctor about medications like Ambien, Lunesta (eszopiclone), or Sonata (zaleplon). These drugs can help people with certain types of insomnia fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. They’re classified as sedative hypnotics because they work by slowing down brain activity so that people experience less anxiety while they’re falling asleep and staying asleep longer during their REM cycles.* Try relaxation techniques such as breathing exercises or meditation before going to bed so that when it’s time for lights out the brain is in a more relaxed state.* Consider setting up an air purifier if mold spores caused by moisture problems in your home have been affecting how well you sleep.* Try alternative therapies such as aromatherapy oil diffusers placed near bedsides where patients place cotton balls soaked with essential oils such as lavender oil at night-time
Bites from bed bugs can cause intermittent itching
It’s important to note that bed bugs are nocturnal, which means they are most active at night. They come out at night to feed on the blood of humans and animals. This is why it’s possible to have bites that appear in some spots while leaving others untouched—the bed bug might have been just passing through or feeding on another part of your partner or loved one!
Infected people may not even be aware of the bite marks until they see them after waking up in the morning. Bites can cause insomnia, making it difficult for victims to sleep soundly through the night. This means it becomes even more difficult to tell whether or not you’re being bitten by a bed bug (or if one has already made its way into your home).
- STOP ITCHY BITES FROM RUINING YOUR FUN Handy pocket size twist up stick is easy to carry so you can always be prepared when insect bites happen (and they always do). If you or someone you know is sensitive or allergic to mosquito bites (including baby) this convenient itch reliever will be YOUR NEW FAVORITE FIND for camping, hiking and any outdoor activity
- SAFE and EASY FOR CHILDREN TO CARRY and APPLY THEMSELVES The perfect bug bite thing to bring to camp. Works for bites, bumps, bruises and scratches. This all natural bug bite treatment is solid like a lip balm, so there’s NO DRIPPY MESS, NO ODOR, NO STING and NO HEAT PAIN when applying, and is completely natural and safe for all ages.
- MULTIPLE USES Not just bites, but also chapped or irritated skin, bumps, bruises, small cuts, scratches, chapped lips, sunburn, minor campfire burns, dry skin, CPAP machine nose sores, poison ivy and oak, scabies, eczema, jellyfish stings and as a treatment for other insect bites like chigger, flea, spider mite, gnat, bed bug, no see um and horse fly
- STOPS ITCH AND PAIN FAST thanks to the deep penetrating power of emu oil. EMU OIL ABSORBS INTO THE SKIN BETTER and faster than any other oil BECAUSE IT’S SO SIMILAR TO HUMAN SKIN OIL. This makes it the perfect base oil to carry the other anti itch and skin soothing ingredients with it for MAXIMUM EFFECT
- DON’T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT IT – Keep yourself, your family, kids and your friends itch with the On the Go Stick. Available in a MONEY SAVING 3 PACK so you’ll always have one handy. Keep them in your backpack, purse, first aid kit, tackle box, saddle bag, medicine cabinet and travel kit.
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- SAFE AND NATURAL. Made from natural ingredients. Use on airplane, cruise ships, and all hotels, motels, and hostels. Children, pets, and plant safe.
- STAIN AND SCENT FREE. Natural insecticide produced by a team of top entomologists. Get a good night’s sleep without worrying about staining bedding and pillows. Apply directly to sheets, mattress and pillow covers. Scent free with no harmful fumes that come from traditional pesticides.
- PROVEN INSECT KILLER. Tested and proven to protect against bugs. Premo Guard Bed Bug, Lice and Mite Spray kills bugs on contact in all life stages (eggs, nymphs, adults). Also effective on lice, dust mites, spider mites, bird mites, mold mites, cockroaches, silverfish, fleas, and ants.
- GUARANTEED RESULTS. We ensure our products are supplied from Certified Natural Products Association (NPA) and Approved Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facilities. All our products are third party tested and approved.
Additional Info :
- One Essential Solution: Aquaphor is one essential solution for many skin care needs; use on dry, cracked skin, as a lip moisturizer, facial moisturizer, hydrating mask, minor wound care and much more
- For Dry, Compromised Skin: This Aquaphor Healing Ointment is designed specifically for dry, compromised skin and clinically proven to restore smooth, healthy skin
- Convenient Replacement: Use Aquaphor Healing Ointment as a replacement for a foot cream or hand cream to help heal dry cracked hands, cuticles and feet
- Ideal for Healing: Different from a body lotion or cream, this ointment is water-free, and soothes skin while creating a protective barrier that allows for the flow of oxygen to create an ideal healing environment
- Includes one (1) 14 ounce jar of Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy Skin Protectant
Additional Info :