It’s been a while since I’ve posted, but it’s because I’ve been working hard on an update to the site. In that time, my poor pets have been attacked by insects. Specifically, they are under attack by gnats and bedbugs. This has led me to do some research. Information on gnat bites vs bed bug bites is very helpful information for those who don’t know. Hopefully this post will impart some knowledge and help you figure out which of the two have bitten your pet.
If you are one of those unlucky souls that have been recently subjected to these creepy crawly pests, you may be scratching your head, wondering what the difference is between Bed Bug bites and Gnat Bites.Have you been bitten by something? You might think it’s a bed bug, but it’s probably not. Bed bug bites are very different from other insect bites, and can be difficult to identify. In fact, there are many types of insects that can bite humans and leave behind a bite similar to a bed bug. Luckily, the easy-to-follow guide below will show you clear differences between bed bugs and gnats bites – so you’ll know what it is that’s biting you.
How can you tell bed bug bites from other bites?
Bed bugs are tiny insects that live in and around beds. They feed on the blood of humans, which can leave itchy red bumps or welts that look like mosquito bites.
Unlike flea bites that are mainly around the ankles, bedbug bites are on any area of skin exposed while sleeping. The most common places to find them are on your arms and shoulders.
The number of bites you get depends on your skin sensitivity and the size of the bed bug. Some people don’t react at all to bed bug bites while others may experience an allergic reaction that causes a rash or blisters.
Do bed bug bites look and feel like mosquito bites?
Bed bug bites can sometimes resemble other insect bites, such as mosquito bites, or skin irritations, such as eczema. However, bed bug bites often have unique features that make them easier to recognize.
Bed bug bites typically appear as clusters of red bumps on the skin that may itch or burn. The bites are often found on exposed parts of the body, such as the arms or back. Bed bugs tend to bite in areas where there is an exposed area of skin and where they can easily reach the blood vessels near the surface of your skin.
Where do bed bugs bite the most?
Bites are commonly found on the parts of the body that are more likely to be exposed to bed bugs during sleep – the hands, neck, face, shoulders, legs and arms.
Bed bug bites usually appear in a line or cluster. They may be red or skin-colored. Sometimes they leave a dark mark similar to a bruise at the site of the bite.
Some people experience itching or swelling at the site of the bite. Others do not have any symptoms at all, even though they have been bitten by bed bugs.
How do I stop getting bitten at night?
Can you feel if a bedbug bite you?
Just as you probably don’t feel a spider bite while you’re sleeping, you won’t feel a bed bug bite either. Bed bugs inject their saliva into your skin when they bite. This saliva contains an anesthetic that numbs the area around the bite, so you won’t feel anything. And even if you do feel something, it’s usually just a small red bump that looks like an insect bite.
So if you wake up with a rash or some other sign of illness from a bed bug infestation, there’s a good chance it isn’t from the bugs themselves—it could be from some other cause entirely.
List Of Bed Bug Repellent And Relief
Bed bugs are a serious problem, and the only way to get rid of them is to use repellent.
Below is a list of effective bed bug repellents:
Bug Bite Thing Suction Tool, Poison Remover – Bug Bites and Bee/Wasp Stings, Natural Insect Bite Relief, Chemical Free – White/Single
Price : $9.99
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
Benadryl Extra Strength Anti-Itch Gel, 2 Percentage Diphenhydramine HCI Topical Analgesic & Histamine Blocker for Relief of Outdoor Itches Associated with Poison Ivy, Insect Bites & More, 3.5 fl. oz
Price : $4.89 ($1.40 / Fl Oz)
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
SALLYE ANDER No-Bite-Me Natural Bug & Insect Repellent & Anti Itch Cream – Safe for Kids and Infants – Repels Mosquitoes, Black Flies, Fleas, and Ticks – 2 oz
Price : $13.95 ($6.98 / Fl Oz)
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL. Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too. Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler. Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
Hasbro Gaming: Jenga Classic Game
- Pull out a block without crashing the stack to win at Jenga
- Includes 54 Jenga hardwood blocks, stacking sleeve with instructions
- Simple, solid, and timeless
- It takes skill, strategy, and luck. Challenge yourself or play with friends
- Win by being the last player to remove a block without causing the stack to crash
Additional Info :
Mopidick-s Lotion 50ml X 3 by Mopidick
Price : $28.99 ($5.68 / Fl Oz)
- fast relieve insect bite and rash
- fast relieve itch
- set of 3
- made in Japan
Additional Info :
In conclusion, Bed bug repellents are a great way to prevent these blood-sucking insects from getting into your home and making an unwelcome home for themselves.