You need to choose an exterminator as soon as you find bed bugs in your property, and it will be stressful. It’s always better if you can hire someone that you can rely on to do a first class job. Bed bugs have been a growing problem in recent years. It is said that bed bugs are on an almost unprecedented rampage, spreading throughout hotels, office buildings and homes, turning themselves into a constant nightmare for the affected people. There are a variety of reasons that may be causing your bed bug problem. Bed bugs can be very tricky to get rid of. If you have an apartment and keep coming back to the same apartment building which has now been infested with bed bugs then you may have a more serious problem on your hands.
Bed Bug Exterminator Colorado Springs
Bed Bug Exterminator Colorado Springs
If you need bed bug extermination services, look no further than Norpest Pest Control. We are the best bed bug exterminator in Colorado Springs and we specialize in both residential and commercial pest control service. Our technicians are fully licensed, insured and bonded with over 20 years of experience in the industry.
Norpest Pest Control offers a full-service solution to eradicate bed bugs from your home or business.
Bed bugs are flat, oval-shaped insects that have been around since the time of Egyptian pharaohs. They feed on human blood at night and hide in tiny spaces during the day. Bed bug infestations can spread quickly when you bring a used item into your home or business, even if it appears to be clean.
Unlike cockroaches or termites, bed bugs do not make sounds and they do not bite people on purpose. They will only bite someone who is sleeping with uncovered skin near their hiding place in the mattress or box spring of a bed where they like to live.
Bed bugs do not live out of sight like roaches so catching them early on is much easier than with other pests such as ants or fleas.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small, flat, oval-shaped insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. They can be a reddish-brown color and about the size of an apple seed. Bed bugs don’t bite people but they will feed on them while they sleep.
Bed bugs were common in homes before World War II and have since been eradicated through pesticides like DDT, which was banned in 1972 for its harmful side effects on the environment. Since then bed bug populations have been on the rise due to increased international travel and trade as well as an increase in resistance to many pesticides used today.
How Do You Get Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are typically brought into homes via a piece of furniture, such as a sofa or bed. If you are moving out of an infested apartment, it is very important to put your belongings through the dryer on high heat for at least 15 minutes before packing them up. This will kill any bed bugs that have not yet hatched from their eggs, which won’t hatch until they sense blood within 6-18 minutes.
Before bringing in secondhand furniture or clothing from someone else’s home, make sure that they’ve been treated for bed bug infestations and allow them to air out for several days to ensure no live insects are present.
What Are The Signs Of Bed Bugs?
- Bed bug bites
- Blood stains on sheets or pillowcases
- Dark spots on the mattress, box spring and other furniture in the room. These are bed bug excrement and eggs which appear after an adult has been feeding. The dark spots may be confused with blood stains from people who have tried to kill bed bugs by rubbing their skin raw. However, if you see these black or brownish spots that are sticky when touched, then you probably have a bed bug infestation problem.
- Bed bug shells (exoskeletons) that look like clear plastic when crushed under your fingernail due to the lack of pigmentation inside them for protection against light
Bed Bug Bites
It’s important to note that bed bugs are not known to transmit any diseases. However, they can cause allergic reactions in some people, especially those with a history of skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. The bites themselves look like small red bumps grouped together in lines or clusters on the skin. They may itch or not itch at all—the reaction will depend on your immune system and overall health. If you do have a severe reaction from spending time with bed bugs, there are some things you can do to soothe itching:
- Apply an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream for inflammation and itchiness
- Use ice packs to reduce swelling before applying hydrocortisone cream
Bed bug bites are rarely painful unless large numbers of them occur at once. Because bed bugs typically feed during night hours when people are asleep (and thus unable to see them), it’s possible for someone who is bitten by one of these creatures not even realize what happened until he wakes up with red marks all over his body
What Are The Risks Of Bed Bug Bites?
While bed bug bites are generally harmless, they can cause a number of complications. Some people may be allergic to the bites and experience itching, redness and swelling at the site of the bite.
Certain infections like strep throat or cellulitis are common in people who have been bitten by bedbugs. Other skin conditions such as scabies or eczema could also arise from being bitten by these pests as an immune response results in inflammation of the affected area.
Additionally, psychological problems such as anxiety disorder or depression may occur after being bitten by bed bugs due to their painful nature and because they disrupt sleep patterns while trying to get rid of them through self-inflicted scratching which can lead to infection if left untreated for too long without adequate care from someone with experience dealing with this type of infestation situation before taking matters into their own hands which will only make matters worse since there’s no guarantee that anyone else knows how best treat this problem either!
People who have anemia should avoid getting bitten since it could lead them becoming weak due to loss blood supply circulating throughout various organs including those responsible for breathing oxygenated air into lungs allowing us stay alive each day without having any trouble breathing properly again another reason why you should never underestimate importance personal hygiene when staying away from dangerous situations like this one especially since most doctors nowadays recommend using antihistamines first thing every morning before heading out doorways during daylight hours even though they might seem ineffective initially–especially compared “those” old fashioned sprays used back then where everybody loved spraying whenever possible (even though some still do today).
How To Prevent Bed Bugs
- Keep your bed away from walls and furniture, including headboards.
- Check second-hand furniture before bringing it home.
- Keep your luggage away from the bed if you’re staying in a hotel room or hostel.
- Inspect your hotel room for bed bugs before unpacking your bags, especially along seams and folds in the mattress, baseboard cracks and furniture crevices. If you see signs of infestation such as blood stains or shed skins on sheets or pillowcases, report it immediately to a staff member so they can treat the problem area with heat treatment or an insecticide spray.
How To Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Bed bugs have been around for centuries, but they are now making a comeback. As such, there is a growing need to find effective ways to get rid of bed bugs. This is where Norpest Pest Control comes in. Our exterminators have years of experience solving the issue and we will do everything possible to ensure that you don’t have to deal with bed bugs anymore.
If you suspect that your home has bed bugs, it’s important to take action right away! The longer you wait between finding the first signs of infestation and getting it taken care of by an experienced professional, the worse it will be when they start reproducing rapidly and spreading throughout all areas of your home or business establishment. In fact, if left untreated long enough…
Call Norpest Pest Control at 719.634.3377 for the best bed bug exterminator in Colorado Springs to get rid of bed bugs for good!
If you are seeing signs of bed bugs, or have had them in the past and want to be sure they don’t come back, call Norpest Pest Control at 719.634.3377 for a free quote and inspection. We can help you get rid of bed bugs for good!
- Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 with Comfort Wand kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks and other listed bugs; the formula is odor free, won’t stain, and keeps listed bugs out
- KILLS BUGS INSIDE: Kills those annoying home-invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, silverfish, centipedes and millipedes
- KEEPS BUGS OUTSIDE: Creates a bug barrier that will kill bugs you have and prevents new bugs for up to 12 months (applies to ants, roaches and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- NO STAINING OR STINK: This spray can be used indoors and out, leaves no residue, and has no odor; people and pets may re-enter treated areas after spray has dried
- WAND MAKES APPLICATION EASY: The Comfort Wand eliminates hand fatigue, and there’s no pumping required, making it easy to spray along your home’s perimeter–indoors and outside
Additional Info :
- Add a layer of protection to your clothing and gear with Permethrin insect and tick repellent spray — perfect for use on shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, boots, sleeping bags, tents, netting, when outdoors, camping, hunting, or on travel
- Ideal for backpacking, backyard BBQs, and other outdoor activities, it’s effective against more than 55 kinds of insects — from disease-spreading ticks (Lyme disease) and mosquitoes (West Nile and Zika viruses) to chiggers, spiders, mites, and more
- Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks or through 6 washings (whichever comes first) and won’t stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or outdoor gear; odorless after drying
- Reduce likelihood of a tick bite by 73.6 times by treating shoes and socks with Permethrin (University of Rhode Island study – 2017)
- 24-ounce trigger spray bottle treats five complete outfits (updated EPA dosage is 4.5 ounces per outfit consisting of shirt, pants, and socks); maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Picaridin topical repellent for the skin
Additional Info :
- Diatomaceous earth-based powder is a highly effective ant killer; 4-pound resealable bag
- Kills insects by ingestion/dehydration within 48 hours indoors or outdoors
- Also for bed bug, cockroach, flea, earwig, silverfish, cricket, millipede and centipede control
- Insects cannot develop an immunity to this product unlike traditional insect killers
- Formula contains 100% Diatomaceous Earth
Additional Info :
- Use Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug, Flea & Tick Killer to kill bed bugs, bed bug eggs, fleas, and ticks
- Use spray as a spot treatment around bed frames, mattress seams/tufts/folds, and baseboards
- Kills even the toughest bed bugs (pyrethroid-resistant bed bugs)
- Second step of a 3-step bed bug solution system
- The continuous spray Comfort Wand easily gets into hard-to-reach areas
Additional Info :
- Glue, Peanutbutter scent
- Mouse glue boards come with Catchmaster signature high quality
- Boards can lay flat
Additional Info :