Summer patch is a fungal disease that plagues farmers every summer. For many years, farmers still used the same fungal spray to treat their crops as they had done in the past. Many times this brought unpleasant and less-than-ideal results, but they still did it regardless. Fungicides are formulated to kill fungi that cause discoloration of leaves, decay in wood, and other damage to plants and crops.These chemicals are useful and effective when working with varying species and types of fungus on lawns and in the garden. The fungicide belonging to this category is called summer patch fungicide. There are a lot of things that you have to consider when choosing the best fungicide for summer patch. The product that you choose must be easy to apply, not harmful to other plants, and totally natural. There are some products that you see advertised on television for use on fungus and mold that are not recommended. You never want to purchase a product that is harmful to your dog or cat. These products may be fine for use around the house but should never be used in areas where your pets go. Read the directions and follow all of the instructions.
Best Fungicide For Summer Patch
If you’ve been dealing with summer patch in your lawn this season, we have the best fungicide for summer patch on the market!
What is Summer Patch?
Found in the high fawn population, summer patch is a fungal disease that affects Kentucky bluegrass. This disease is also called summer patch disease, or simply ‘summer patch’. Summer patch patches are circular areas of discolouration on the grass blades. These patches can be brown or tan in colour and are sometimes surrounded by a dark green ring. The affected area may have several patches or be completely covered with them.
The intensity of this fungal infection depends on the temperature, humidity and sunlight levels prevailing during the summer months (hence its name). It thrives at temperatures between 25-30 degrees C (77-86F), when sunlight enhances its growth rate considerably.
Summer Patch can be found in the high fawn population, but is also common in Kentucky bluegrass.
Summer Patch is a fungal disease that affects fescue and bluegrass. This disease is caused by the fungus Rhizoctonia solani, which can thrive in soils with high levels of nitrogen. The fungus produces sclerotia, which are small “seed-like” structures that infect roots, crowns and rhizomes of plants during wet seasons or periods of heavy rainfall. The sclerotia germinate when conditions are favorable for growth such as cool temperatures (50-70°F), high humidity (90%) and extended leaf wetness periods (> 3 hours). While most infections occur during summer months when soil moisture levels are highest, they can occur year-round in moist conditions. Once established on a plant’s root system it will continue to grow over several years until it reaches maturity at which point it will produce spores that infect surrounding plants through water splash dispersal or windblown spores
Plants infected with summer patch are easily spotted in the summer and fall.
Plants infected with summer patch are easily spotted in the summer and fall. The first signs of the disease are yellowing leaves that may eventually turn brown. A mildew-like patch will often develop on the leaf. You’ll also see sunken patches on your plant’s leaves, which have brown or black spots where cells have died; small, brown, circular spots on the leaves; and leaf drop.
The best defense against summer patch is an active fungicide application.
The best defense against summer patch is an active fungicide application. To determine the best time to apply a fungicide, look at the disease cycle of your fungus and consider which part of its life it’s in. For example, if you have summer patch that was dormant all winter, it will resume growing in spring, so a spring application will be most effective.
If you’re unsure about how to determine when to apply your fungicide or how much product is needed for complete coverage on your lawn, consult with a professional arborist or contact us for assistance!
Summer Patch Fungicides on the Market
As a broad-spectrum fungicide, Headway G can control many diseases, including summer patch. It’s a great option for controlling summer patch in high fawn populations because it controls other turfgrass diseases as well. It’s also a great option for controlling summer patch in Kentucky bluegrass, especially if you’re seeing signs of drought stress or foot traffic damage on greens and tees.
Containing two active ingredients, Headway G provides excellent control of summer patch.
Summer patch is a common turfgrass problem that affects over 30 percent of cool-season grasses in the United States. Summer patch is caused by the fungus Rhizoctonia solani, which attacks leaves and stolons during periods of high humidity and moisture levels in the soil. Symptoms include yellowish-brown patches on leaf blades with dead tissue between veins; browned areas around leaf edges; and stunted growth. If left untreated, summer patch can lead to extensive lawn damage that can take years to recover from.
Headway G contains two active ingredients (mancozeb + metalaxyl) that provide excellent control of summer patch when applied at full label rates during periods when turfgrass is actively growing (spring through fall). It’s important to remember that Headway G is a systemic fungicide—it moves throughout the plant tissues and into each part as it grows or develops, so regular applications are necessary for best results!
Headway G takes the turf industry to a new level with its cutting-edge technology and forward-thinking approach to disease control.
Headway G is a fungicide, which means it kills off pathogens that negatively affect the health of your lawn. It’s a broad-spectrum systemic fungicide, which means it gets into the plant tissue and protects all parts of it from fungal damage.
Headway G is powerful enough to kill off many types of fungi at once, including summer patch and gray leaf spot—two common turf diseases. This unique product leaves no room for error when you’re trying to get rid of these stubborn issues in your yard!
Headway G offers control of dollar spot, brown patch, anthracnose, Pythium blight, and many other diseases that plague turfgrass.
Summer patch is a common disease that affects Kentucky bluegrass. It’s caused by the fungus Microdochium nivale, which affects the high fawn population of Kentucky bluegrass in summer months. Summer patch can be controlled with fungicides containing chlorothalonil, mancozeb and myclobutanil, pyraclostrobin and azoxystrobin.
Best Fungicide for Summer Patch Takeaways!
- Summer patch is a disease that can be controlled with fungicides.
- Summer patch is common in Kentucky bluegrass but it can also affect other turfgrasses, including tall fescue and perennial ryegrass.
- The disease is most prevalent on high fawn populations, which makes it an important consideration for many homeowners who want to maintain a healthy lawn all year round.
- If you’re looking for a way to control summer patch without using harsh chemicals or damaging your yard, you should consider using a natural fungicide like Rescue Fungicide or a biofungicide like FoliarMax.
Our Best Fungicide for Summer Patch Conclusion!
If you’re looking for a quick, easy way to get rid of summer patch, Headway G is your best bet. It kills the fungus that causes summer patch and can be applied at any time of year. Just make sure you’re using it on your lawn in accordance with label instructions—you don’t want to accidentally poison yourself or your pets!
If you want something more targeted, Trifecta also works well against summer patch. It works by targeting both the fungus itself and its eggs as well as preventing new spores from forming on the leaves of plants like cottonwood trees that are known carriers of this disease. This means it can work even when temperatures are high because germination rates are very low when air temperatures exceed 85°F (29°C).
Finally there’s Greenview’s Summer Patch Control Fungicide which uses an innovative technology called “biological fungicides” which means they kill fungus by triggering an immune response rather than attacking their external structure directly like traditional chemical fungicides do
Our Best Fungicide for Summer Patch Conclusion!
If you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]. Additionally, if you need a fungicide right now, we offer free shipping on orders over $50. You can browse our selection of fungicides. We’re always happy to help!
Scotts DiseaseEx Lawn Fungicide – Fungus Control, Fast Acting, Treats up to 5,000 sq. ft., 10 lb.
Price : $19.47
- Don’t let brown spots or mildew block your path to a beautiful yard; Scotts DiseaseEx Lawn Fungicide is a fast-acting formula that stops and prevents 26 common lawn-blemishing diseases
- PREVENTS AND CONTROLS: This lawn fungus treatment is preventative when used on lawns to control brown spots and rings before they appear, and curative when applied on lawns showing signs of disease
- CURES 26 LAWN DISEASE TYPES: Offers broad spectrum disease prevention and control against Brown Patch, Stem and Stripe Rust, Red Thread, Powdery Mildew, Necrotic Ring Spot, Summer Patch, Yellow Patch and more listed diseases
- FAST ACTING: Starts working in 24 hours of treatment; the systemic fungicide formula controls common broad spectrum diseases for up to 4 weeks
- USE WITH CONFIDENCE: Apply this lawn fungus control with a Scotts spreader at a uniform coverage; a 10 lb. bag can treat up to 5,000 sq. ft.; people and pets may re-enter treated area after application
Additional Info :
|Color||for Brown Patch, Yellow Patch, stem and Stripe Rust, Red Thread, and More As Listed|
Select Source Propiconazole 14.3 Pint Select Fungicide
Price : $36.55
- DESCRIPTION: Propiconazole 14.3 Select Provides preventative and curative control of many turfgrass and ornamental diseases. Propiconazole 14.3 Select inhibits the incorporation of ergosterol into the growing fungal cell membranes. Without ergosterol, the fungal cellular growth is stopped. By disrupting fungal growth at the earliest possible stage, the impact and effects of the disease is minimized.
- BENEFITS: Excellent residual control, low use rates, low odor formulation, high tank mix compatibility, labeled both turf and ornamental applications, and both for foliar and systemic properties
- DISEASES CONTROLLED: Dollar Spot, Anthracnose, Brown Patch, Powdery Mildew, Rust, Red Thread, Pink Patch, Stripe Smut, Gray Leafspot, Melting Out, Leaf Spot, Summer Patch, Poa Patch, Take-All Patch, Spring Dead Spot, Necrotic Ring Spot, Snowmold Gray, Fusarium Patch, Yellow Patch, Zoysia Patch, Dichondra Rust
- USE SITES: Golf Course, Commercial Lawns, Residential Lawns, Landscape Ornamentals, and Nursery
Additional Info :
Propiconazole 83013365 14.3 32oz Fungicide, White
Price : $42.52
- PROPICONIZOLE 14.3: provides economical, broad-spectrum disease control for cool and warm season grasses, trees, shrubs and flowers.
- FORMULATION: Microemulsion formulation for less odor, better tank stability and excellent plant coverage.
- MODE OF ACTION: Locally systemic mode of action for long-lasting disease control. Excellent tank mix partner with most other fungicides.
- USE SITES: Nursery, Landscape, Turf, Trees, Golf Courses, Tree Injection
- EFFECTIVE AGAINST: Rusts, Pink & Gray Snowmolds, Gray Leaf Spot, Zoysia Patch, Dollar Spot, Summer Patch, Anthracnose, Leaf Spot, Brown Patch, Powdery Mildew
Additional Info :
Daconil® Fungicide Concentrate 16 oz. – 100523634
Price : $16.46
- Garden Tech Diaconal Fungicide Concentrate 16oz It kills, stops, and prevents over 80 plant diseases
- For use on flowers, vegetables, shrubs, fruit, and shade trees to control Leaf Spots, Rust, Blights, Fruit Rot, Mildew, and many other diseases
- Made in United States
- Brand name: Daconil
Additional Info :