Do you ever get the feeling that there’s just one too many ladybugs in your home? Are you tired of constantly spraying them with water and nothing else seems to work? If so, there is a good chance that you’ve been looking for the best insecticide for ladybugs. However, finding the best product for this job can be challenging. That’s why I decided to create this post. There are at least 4,500 different ladybugs throughout the world and they are a popular pet insect that has been kept in captivity for almost 150 years. Today, there are many people who have pet ladybugs and others have noticed ladybugs and want to know what is the best insecticide for ladybugs. There are numerous pests that can be quite problematic for you both inside your house and outside. And some of these critters can be dangerous to your health. Ladybugs are not harmful, but there are other insects that are coming in and you must get rid of them quickly, especially in the spring and summer period.
Best Insecticide For Ladybugs
Ladybugs are not always welcome guests in your home, especially when they invade your kitchen, pantry or garden.
Bifenthrin is a synthetic pyrethroid, which means that it is an insecticide derived from the seeds of chrysanthemums. It’s a contact insecticide that can be used on crawling or flying insects, including mosquitoes and ticks. Bifenthrin is also effective against mites and spiders.
Though bifenthrin is relatively safe for humans, it shouldn’t be used indoors unless you have no other choice—it’s designed for outdoor use only. The EPA classifies bifenthrin as a “probable human carcinogen.”
Cyfluthrin is a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide that provides control of many pests, including ants, flies and mosquitoes. It is used in agriculture, home and garden pest control products, turf and landscape applications as well as mosquito management programs.
Insects that are sprayed with cyfluthrin may show signs of poisoning within seconds. This can include paralysis followed by death within several hours or days depending on the amount ingested by the insect.
Cyhalothrin is a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide that is used in agriculture and against pests on gardens, lawns and turf. This product is very effective against a wide range of pests including ants, aphids, caterpillars, chinch bugs and mole crickets. Cyhalothrin does not pose an unacceptable risk to humans or pets when used according to label directions. It is toxic to birds and bees as well as some beneficial insects such as honeybees (Apis mellifera) but only when they come into contact with it directly.
Cyhalothrin can be applied via foliar spray or soil drenching applications which are often required for control of flea beetles. It must be applied using proper equipment because it has the potential to cause harm if not used properly due to its toxicity level being moderate at best (low). This means that you should avoid over applying during application by following safety precautions like wearing rubber gloves while handling this product as well as keeping children away from treated areas until they have dried completely.”
Carbaryl is a chemical that is used as a pesticide. It is toxic to humans and animals, and can be fatal if ingested in large amounts. The EPA has categorized it as “moderately toxic” to fish, birds, and aquatic invertebrates.
Permethrin is a chemical insecticide used to kill pests. It is a synthetic chemical that prevents the nerve cells of insects from working properly, resulting in paralysis and death. The material was first developed by UC Berkeley in the 1970s and has since been used as an active ingredient in many different products.
Permethrin was originally developed as an insecticide to be sprayed on plants to kill aphids and other insects that damage them. However, its effectiveness against ticks has led some people to use it on their pets or themselves if they are going into tick-infested areas like fields or forests (although this practice is controversial).
This list covers a variety of pesticides that you can choose from.
- Pyrethrum – This is an organic pesticide that can be used as a spray or granular form. It’s safe to use around pets and humans, but it will kill beneficial insects like bees and ladybugs.
- Malathion – Malathion is an organophosphate pesticide that’s toxic to humans when ingested or inhaled in large quantities and may cause skin irritation if the chemical touches your skin in large amounts over time (such as by getting sprayed). It’s best used outside of your home on lawns, gardens, trees and shrubs because it can enter into the air inside where you live through open doors or windows for up to 36 hours after application.”
- Diazinon – Diazinon is a broad-spectrum organophosphate insecticide that works by blocking nerve impulses from reaching muscles throughout any part of the body, which causes paralysis until death occurs within minutes or hours depending upon dosage amount ingested orally consumed orally consumed orally consumed orally consumed orally consumed orally consumed orally consumed eaten eaten eaten eaten eaten eaten eaten eaten
With this list, you can now make an informed decision about which product to use on your ladybugs.
Mighty Mint 32oz Plant Protection Peppermint Spray for Spider Mites, Insects, Fungus, and Disease
Price : $19.99 ($0.62 / Fl Oz)
- Complete Protection – Kills Spider Mites, Insects, and Fungal Disease
- Safe around Plants, People, and Pets
- Effective Premium Ingredients – Based in Nature
- US-Farmed Peppermint Oil
- For Garden, Indoor Plants, and Crops
Trifecta Crop Control Ready to Use Maximum Strength Natural Pesticide, Fungicide, Miticide, Insecticide, Help Defeat Spider Mites, Powdery Mildew, Botrytis and Mold on Plants 32 OZ Size
Price : $27.95 ($0.87 / Fl Oz)
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH READY TO USE SPRAY – No mixing required. Trifecta Crop Control Ready To Use is diluted at maximum strength 2oz per gallon ratio. Simply point and spray and thoroughly wet the plants until foliage is dripping including the underside of the leaves and the surface of the growing medium.
- EASY SOLUTION TO HELP BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is the natural growers’ choice to help protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for most crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus. *Test spray a few leaves full application*
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food-grade PREMIUM essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control is made with natural food-grade ingredients so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK FOR YOU – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will work for you, as it has for thousands of other growers. With your Trifecta Crop Control purchase, you are protected by Amazon’s money-back guarantee (all terms apply) so you can order now with CONFIDENCE.
Bayer 80035225 Polyzone Suspend Pint Insecticide
Price : $51.39 ($3.21 / Fl Oz)
- Deltamethrin 4.75%
- Suspend poly Zone is for use in and around aircraft, apartment buildings, bakeries, bottling facilities, breweries, buses, cafeterias, candy plants, cereal Processing and manufacturing plants, Correctional facilities, dairies, food manufacturing plants, food processing plants, food service establishments, frozen food plants, grain mills, granaries, greenhouses, hospitals, hotels, houses, industrial buildings, kitchens, laboratories, livestock housing, pet kennels, manufacturing establishments,
- Mix suspend poly Zone at a rate of 1.2oz per gallon of water.
Additional Info :
HARRIS Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade, 4lb with Powder Duster Included in The Bag
Price : $12.96
- Natural Product – Composed of 4lbs of 100% ground freshwater diatomaceous earth with absolutely no additives or fillers.
- OMRI Listed – Listed with the Organic Minerals Research Institute, a non-profit organization that reviews products against organic standards.
- Powder Duster Included – Powder duster in the bag for easy and efficient application of diatomaceous earth on animal feed
- Supports a Great Cause – Harris donates 10% of profits to support the local Etowah Valley Humane Society.
- Made in the USA – Mined in Nevada and packaged in Georgia
Additional Info :
FMC Talstar Pro 3/4 Gal-Multi Use Insecticide
Price : $60.17