St. Augustine grass is a popular lawn grass in the southeastern United States. It is a low-maintenance grass that requires little fertilization, but it does have some pests, including mole crickets and grubs. These insects can cause damage to the lawn and make it difficult for homeowners to enjoy their St. Augustine lawns.
If you have found pests on your St Augustine grass and are looking for an insecticide that will help remove these pests from your yard, you should consider using Bayer Advanced 5-in-1 Grub Control Insecticide. This insecticide works as a fungicide, insecticide, larvacide and molluscacide to kill all types of insects that may be damaging your lawn or garden plants.
Bayer Advanced 5-in-1 Grub Control Insecticide is safe for use around children and pets when used according to label directions. The active ingredient in this product is Imidacloprid, which is a synthetic nicotine derivative that kills grubs by disrupting their nervous system.
What is the best disease control for St. Augustine grass?
If you’re looking for the best disease control for St. Augustine grass, there are a few options that are worth considering.
First of all, propiconazole is excellent at controlling most foliar diseases and it works well for both seedlings and mature plants. It’s also not too expensive and easy to apply.
Thiophanate methyl is another good option because it has a broad spectrum of activity against many different turfgrass diseases. However, it’s not as effective against root diseases as some other fungicides.
Mycobutanil and azoxystrobin are both good choices if you’re looking for something that will control both fungal and bacterial infections on your St. Augustine grass lawns. Mycobutanil can be applied at any time during the growing season while azoxystrobin must be applied during the summer months when temperatures are above 60 degrees Fahrenheit (15 degrees Celsius).
What do you spray on St. Augustine grass?
St. Augustine grass is a tough, hearty type of grass that can grow in a variety of conditions. It is also known as Floratam grass and is used in many areas throughout the U.S., including Florida.
St. Augustine grass has many benefits, such as its ability to tolerate heat, drought, and pests; however, it does require regular maintenance to look its best. One important part of maintaining your St. Augustine lawn includes spraying it with the right chemicals so you do not have any weeds or other pests growing among your beautiful green blades of grass.
You should use Ortho #1 weed killer for St. Augustine grass lawns, including Floratam. This product will help keep weeds and other unwanted plants from taking over your yard while also killing any insects or bugs that may be damaging your lawn’s health.
Which is the most common insect pest in St. Augustine lawns?
The most common insect pest in St. Augustine lawns is the southern chinch bug, Blissus insularis Barber. It’s a tiny insect that lives on grasses and feeds by inserting its mouthparts into plant tissue and sucking out the contents.
Southern chinch bugs are about 1/8″ long and are usually yellow or greenish-yellow with black spots on the back of their bodies. When they’re full of blood from eating grasses, they turn red.
They’re most active during the summer months, but they can also be found in other seasons when there’s ample moisture and temperatures are warm enough for them to be active. They tend to congregate around areas where there is direct sunlight, so it’s important to keep your lawn well-maintained and watered to discourage them from congregating there.
What is the best pesticide for chinch bugs in St. Augustine grass?
Chinch bugs are one of the most common pests that can attack St. Augustine grass, and they can be devastating. If you’re looking for the best pesticide for chinch bugs in St. Augustine grass, there are three options: trichlorfon (this can be kind of harsh, so use it in extreme infestations), bifenthrin, and carbaryl.
Trichlorfon is an organophosphate insecticide that kills insects by attacking their nervous systems. It’s effective against both adults and immature chinch bugs, but it also kills beneficial insects like ladybugs and bees if they come into contact with it. So while it’s effective at killing chinch bugs, it also has a high risk of collateral damage to your garden ecosystem.
Bifenthrin is an insecticide that works by attacking the respiratory system of insects. It’s effective against both adults and immature chinch bugs, as well as many other common pests like mosquitoes and ticks. It does have some toxicity concerns for humans—so read up on how much exposure is safe before using this product around your house or garden.
How often can you apply fungicide to St. Augustine grass?
You can apply fungicide as often as twice in a month to St. Augustine grass. Fungicide is an essential part of maintaining your lawn. It prevents the spread of fungal diseases and provides protection to the plant against pests and diseases. Fungicides are most effective when applied at the right time and at the right amount, which makes it important to know how often you should be applying fungicide to your lawn.
The frequency with which you need to apply fungicide depends on several factors, including the type of grass, its location and exposure to environmental conditions such as sunlight/UV rays, temperature changes, moisture levels etc. The ideal time for applying fungicides is during springtime when most fungi thrive due to warmer temperatures and increased humidity levels in the air which allow them to spread easily from one area of your yard into another without having any issues whatsoever.
St Augustine grass is one of the most popular lawn grasses in the country, but it’s also one of the most vulnerable to bugs. If you’re looking for an insecticide that will help you keep your St Augustine in tip-top shape, look no further.
List of Best Insecticide For St Augustine Grass
Our insecticide is specially formulated to kill all kinds of bugs that might be crawling all over your precious St Augustine turf. It’s safe for kids and pets, so it’s perfect for use around the house or garden.
Our product has been tested by our team of experts to ensure that it works as well as possible on St Augustine grass, so you can rest assured that it won’t leave any unwanted residue behind after application. Plus, when you buy this insecticide from us today, we’ll throw in a free bottle of fertilizer.
Southern Ag 006130 Atrazine St. Augustine Weed Killer 32oz Specialty Herbicide, Light Tan
Price : $16.47
- One quart treats 3,720 sq ft
- Controls Weeds in St. Augustine and Centipede Grasses
- Package Weight: 1.021 kilograms
- Package Dimensions: 5.842 L x 19.177 H x 12.954 W (centimeters)
Additional Info :
Scotts DiseaseEx Lawn Fungicide – Fungus Control, Fast Acting, Treats up to 5,000 sq. ft., 10 lb.
Price : $19.47
- Don’t let brown spots or mildew block your path to a beautiful yard; Scotts DiseaseEx Lawn Fungicide is a fast-acting formula that stops and prevents 26 common lawn-blemishing diseases
- PREVENTS AND CONTROLS: This lawn fungus treatment is preventative when used on lawns to control brown spots and rings before they appear, and curative when applied on lawns showing signs of disease
- CURES 26 LAWN DISEASE TYPES: Offers broad spectrum disease prevention and control against Brown Patch, Stem and Stripe Rust, Red Thread, Powdery Mildew, Necrotic Ring Spot, Summer Patch, Yellow Patch and more listed diseases
- FAST ACTING: Starts working in 24 hours of treatment; the systemic fungicide formula controls common broad spectrum diseases for up to 4 weeks
- USE WITH CONFIDENCE: Apply this lawn fungus control with a Scotts spreader at a uniform coverage; a 10 lb. bag can treat up to 5,000 sq. ft.; people and pets may re-enter treated area after application
Additional Info :
|Color||for Brown Patch, Yellow Patch, stem and Stripe Rust, Red Thread, and More As Listed|
Spectracide Immunox Fungus Plus Insect Control For Lawns with Quick Flip Sprayer, 32 fl Oz, Kills Listed Major Lawn Diseases & Fungus, Kills Harmful Insects On Contact, Model Number: HG-96187
Price : $15.60 ($0.49 / Fl Oz)
- Kills harmful insects on contact: kills harmful insects including ants, sod webworms, fleas, brown dog ticks and more
- Kills listed major lawn diseases and fungus: prevents and controls black spot, brown patch, rust, powdery mildew and other listed diseases
- Rainproof IN hours: Spectracide Immunox fungus plus insect control for lawns can’t be washed off by rain
- Treats 2,500 SQ FT: this product treats 2,500 square feet
- Quick flip sprayer: the easy-to-use sprayer works at the flip of a switch
Additional Info :
Spectracide 95830 Triazicide Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes Concentrat, 32oz, Multi
Price : $5.99
- OUTDOOR USE: Protects lawns, vegetables, fruit and nut trees, roses, flowers, trees and shrubs
- KILLS 260+ INSECTS BY CONTACT: Kills above and below ground – kills grubs, ants as listed, fleas, deer ticks, Japanese beetles, European crane flies and other listed insects
- NON-STAINING: Non-staining to most home siding depending on age and cleanliness – see product label for details
- CONCENTRATE FORMULA: Ready-to-spray QuickFlip spray concentrate that attaches directly to your garden hose
Additional Info :
Price : $4.99
Additional Info :
The best insecticide for St. Augustine grass is a product called “Phantom.” It’s a granular fertilizer with an insecticide added to it that protects your lawn from pests and weeds.
It’s easy to use: just spread it evenly over your lawn, according to the instructions on the package. It doesn’t matter if you spread it in the morning or in the evening–you can even do it before a rainstorm.
The best part? You don’t have to worry about chemicals getting into your groundwater or polluting the environment around your house.