Not only are you looking for ways to control the proliferation of pests and disease on your tomato plants but you want to find a natural way to go about it. Well there is good news, because there are many natural ways you can use without hurting the environment or you health. Like most gardeners, I have a number of plants I grow each year. One problem I have is growing tomatoes from seed and trying to rid them of the nasty tomato horn worm.
That’s why the best natural pesticide for tomato plants is such a necessity for me. Are you looking for the best natural pesticide for tomato plants? If so, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve used a lot of different chemicals and pesticides in the past to try and get rid of pests on my plants, but none of them compare to pepper spray. It’s completely organic and safe for your family, pets and animals.
What is the best natural pest control for tomato plants?
The answer is simple: baking soda, Borax, garlic powder, or any spicy pepper powder can be used. These chemicals’ tastes and textures are undesirable to tomato plant pests, and while they are harmless for humans and animals, they may be poisonous to insects.
For example, ants have a difficult time eating baking soda because it’s too salty for them. It also helps prevent ant-related problems by killing off any pests that may have made their way into your garden.
Sprinkle ground borax on your plants’ leaves or stems to keep aphids away from your tomatoes. Aphids are attracted to sweet things—and this is one of the most effective ways to get rid of them. You can also use it around other plants in your yard so they don’t spread throughout the garden.
Garlic powder has been shown to repel many types of bugs like whiteflies and beetles because they don’t want anything to do with its pungent smell. It’s great for getting rid of flea beetles too because these tiny pests will stay away from anything that smells like garlic.
What is the best pesticide for tomato plants?
The best pesticide for tomato plants is a contact insecticide. The most effective types are bifenthrin, cypermethrin, cyhalothrin, permethrin, and esfenvalerate. These insecticides will kill aphids, fruitworms, hornworms, leaf-footed bugs, and stink bugs.
Can I sprinkle baking soda on my tomato plants?
Yes, Baking soda can be sprinkled on your tomato plants to make them taste sweeter.
The process is simple: once the plants begin to grow, sprinkle baking soda around each plant to make the tomatoes sweeter. Repeat this process again when the tomatoes are about half grown.
Can you spray tomatoes with soapy water?
Yes, you can spray your tomato plants with soapy water. Soapy water is a great way to repel pests such as aphids, flea beetles, whiteflies, thrips, fleas, flies, spider mites and other bugs.
Soapy water can be made by combining two teaspoons of liquid dish soap with one gallon of water in a spray bottle or watering can. Spray the plant’s leaves and stems once or twice per week to keep pests away.
How do I protect my tomato plants from insects?
Don’t let your tomato plants be eaten by insects.
Plant catnip and basil near your tomato plants to keep flea beetles away. Dusting your plants with plain talcum powder also repels them.
How do you get rid of pests on tomato plants?
Create a tomato leaf spray to kill aphids without hurting beneficial insects. Take 1-2 cups of tomato leaves and steep in 2 cups of water overnight. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, and pour into a spray bottle. Spray any affected areas of the plant with the solution, avoiding getting it on any flowers or fruit.
List of Pesticides for Tomato Plants
Pesticides are chemicals that kill pests. They can be natural or artificial, and they include a wide range of substances.
Pesticides are used to control insects and weeds, as well as pathogens that infect plants. Some pesticides are used to control rodents and other pests.
Here is a list of effective pesticides:
Price : $5.97
- CONTAINS BOTANICAL INSECTICIDES: Spray on roses, vegetables, houseplants, ornamentals, trees, shrubs and flowers right up to the day of harvest.
- KILLS ON CONTACT: Kills aphids, tomato hornworms, green fruitworms and other listed insects.
- PROTECTS YOUR WHOLE GARDEN: Use both indoors and outdoors.
- READY-TO-USE PEST CONTROL: Spray upper and lower leaf surfaces – no mixing required.
- APPLY AS NEEDED: Treat weekly or apply as needed to control infestations (up 10 to times per season).
Additional Info :
Price : $7.99
- Insect killer: kills aphids, mealybugs, mites, white flies, and more
- Fast acting: kills listed insects in minutes and is effective against adult, larvae, and nymph stages of pests
- Easy to use: ready-to-use bottle makes application easy
- Use on: for indoor or outdoor use on roses, flowers, fruits, vegetables, and even houseplants
- For use on vegetables, flowers, fruits and houseplants
Additional Info :
Trifecta Crop Control Ready to Use Maximum Strength Natural Pesticide, Fungicide, Miticide, Insecticide, Help Defeat Spider Mites, Powdery Mildew, Botrytis and Mold on Plants 32 OZ Size
Price : $27.95 ($0.87 / Fl Oz)
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH READY TO USE SPRAY – No mixing required. Trifecta Crop Control Ready To Use is diluted at maximum strength 2oz per gallon ratio. Simply point and spray and thoroughly wet the plants until foliage is dripping including the underside of the leaves and the surface of the growing medium.
- EASY SOLUTION TO HELP BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is the natural growers’ choice to help protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for most crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus. *Test spray a few leaves full application*
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food-grade PREMIUM essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control is made with natural food-grade ingredients so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK FOR YOU – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will work for you, as it has for thousands of other growers. With your Trifecta Crop Control purchase, you are protected by Amazon’s money-back guarantee (all terms apply) so you can order now with CONFIDENCE.
Additional Info :
The Vegetable Garden Pest Handbook: Identify and Solve Common Pest Problems on Edible Plants – All Natural Solutions.
Price : $15.99
Additional Info :
Bonide (BND806) – Caterpillar and Worm Killer, Bacillus Thuringiensis (Bt) Ready to Use Insecticide/Pesticide Spray (32 oz.)
Price : $13.54
- INSECT KILLER – This pest control is great for use on cabbage looper, hornworms, tent caterpillar, gypsy moth, bagworm and many more.
- PROTECTS FRUITS, VEGETABLES, SHADE TREES & ORNAMENTALS – Designed for use on broccoli, cauliflower, kale, mustard greens, eggplant, pepper, melons, tomatoes, cabbage, shade trees and ornamentals.
- DOESN’T HARM BENEFICIAL INSECTS – Kills worms and caterpillar stage insects while causing no harm to birds, earthworms, or beneficial insects, such as honeybees and ladybugs.
- FAST ACTING FORMULA – Must be eaten by worms or caterpillars to be effective. After ingesting, bugs immediately stop feeding and will die within 2-3 days.
- ORGANIC GARDENING – The active ingredient of the product is a natural strain of the bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis, which is a leading insecticide used worldwide. Approved for organic gardening, our product is safe for use around people and pets.
Additional Info :
Final words are, Pesticide use has contributed to a decrease in the number of insects in some areas but also has led to the development of resistant insects.