Can fleas be harmful to humans? If you have a pet, then you already know that fleas can cause major problems. It’s no wonder since they are parasitic creatures who spend their time feeding on your pet’s blood. While they are never welcome guests in any home, the dangers of fleas in not just limited to pets. In this article we’ll explore how they could potentially be harmful to humans as well. Fleas can cause a number of problems to humans. Lots of pets are troubled by fleas, so those people than own or work with animals know how troublesome these nasty little creatures are. You might think that fleas can be harmful to humans, who aren’t the primary host for them. Fleas have been a plague to humans and our pets for centuries. You may have heard that fleas are harmless, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, being bitten by a flea can cause you to feel quite uncomfortable. In addition to the physical discomfort you may experience after being bitten by a flea, there’s also the concern that the flea could carry a disease or spread bacteria to your skin. Fleas can cause a number of problems in humans and animals, including allergies, irritation at the site of the bite, anemia, and flea allergy dermatitis. Cats are most commonly infested with fleas and act as the primary reservoir host for adult fleas. Flea dermagrubs have been identified as an important source of eggs for transmission to humans and pets. Fleas are small blood feeders that live on the skin or in the fur of animals. Adult fleas need a blood meal to survive and they transmit several diseases by feeding on their hosts. This is why it is important to get rid of fleas as soon as possible if your pets have an infestation. The most common symptom of sarcoptic mange is intense itching: the animal will scratch itself raw, causing hair loss and an odor that is attributed to the release of secretions from the damaged skin. But red, puss-filled spots may also be visible, indicating areas where the dog has scratched off its hair or developed secondary infections from tiny biting insects or other pathogens.
Can Fleas Be Harmful To Humans
Fleas can cause diseases
Not only can fleas cause a range of discomfort for people, but they can also be deadly. Fleas are a vector for murine typhus. In the United States alone, more than 1,000 cases of murine typhus are reported each year. Another disease that fleas carry is the bubonic plague. The most recent outbreak in the United States was in 2015 when three people in California contracted the disease after being bitten by infected fleas on wild rodents. Other diseases that can be passed to humans through fleas include myxomatosis and tapeworms. To protect yourself against these diseases, it’s important to take steps to keep your home free of fleas and other pests
Fleas can cause minor allergic reactions
How can you recognize flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) in humans?
Proper diagnosis of FAD requires a veterinarian to observe the condition, and possibly perform an elimination diet (excluding the suspected allergens from your pet’s diet).
How to treat flea allergy
If your pet has flea allergy dermatitis, your veterinarian will prescribe a solution to control fleas on them. This commonly involves:
- Using spot-on treatments that repel or kill adult fleas, such as Frontline® Plus or Advantage® II. These products don’t prevent eggs from hatching and larvae developing into adults, but they do kill adult fleas before they bite.
- Combining a topical treatment with an oral capsule that kills any remaining adult and juvenile stages of the parasite. Some examples include Capstar™ and Comfortis™.
Additionally, immunotherapy could help mitigate symptoms if your pet is allergic to food, such as beef or chicken. Your veterinarian will provide more information.
Fleas can cause infections
Fleas carry a range of bacterial diseases that can affect humans. The most famous example is the plague, which was spread by fleas during the Middle Ages. This infection killed around half of Europeans and decimated many native populations in North America, but has been eliminated in developed countries.
Other diseases like cat scratch fever and murine typhus still exist today, although they are rare and easily treated with antibiotics. They are caused by bacteria found on fleas that are passed on when an infected flea bites you or if you get bitten by one after it has jumped off your pet. If a flea bites an animal or person who already has a cut or scrape, it can also cause infection; this is why people aboard ships were at particular risk of developing the plague during their travels to different parts of the world.
At the end of the day, fleas are extremely harmful to humans and should be avoided at all costs.
Many people think that fleas can only be harmful to animals, but that’s not true. Fleas are extremely harmful to humans and should be avoided at all costs.
The biggest danger with fleas is that they can transmit diseases. While it’s rare for humans to contract a disease from a flea directly, the diseases they carry can spread to humans via other means. For instance, if a dog has fleas and you pet your dog then touch your mouth, you could become infected with a disease such as Typhus.
Another danger with fleas is that they cause allergic reactions in people. This includes conditions such as rashes or allergic dermatitis, which usually requires medical treatment.
Fleas also bite humans, causing irritation and infections from open wounds on the skin. These are commonly treated with antibiotics or topical steroids, depending on how severe the infection is.
- Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-free & Gelatin-free: Each bottle of Goli contains 60 delicious, vegan, non-gmo, gluten-free & gelatin-free Apple Cider Vinegar gummies, which makes them suitable for almost any lifestyle.
- Made in the USA with locally and globally sourced ingredients. Goli Gummies are made in allergen-free, cGMP certified facilities in the United States with local and globally sourced ingredients to ensure that our products are reputable and of the highest quality standards.
- Patented Formula, Essential Vitamins, Great Taste: Our patented formula contains essential Vitamins B9 and B12 to help support cellular energy production, immune function, heart health, healthy nutrient metabolism, a healthy nervous system and overall health and wellbeing. Apple Cider Vinegar has traditionally been used for digestion, gut health and appetite. Our unique flavor profile combined with essential vitamins makes Goli ACV Gummies a delicious addition to your daily health routine.
- Vitamin Angels: Goli is a proud supporter of Vitamin Angels
Additional Info :
- 60 Billion Cfus Max Strength: Our probiotic actually contains 60 Billion Cfus per serving. Other brands claim it, but beware of deception. Some products say “equivalent to” or do not state an amount of Cfus. We saw a need for high-quality supplements that actually work and stand by their claims. Our most popular probiotic brings you exactly what’s on the label with 10 probiotic strains, 60 Billion Cfu, and an organic prebiotic blend.
- Probiotics and Organic Prebiotics: Our probiotics are made with prebiotics and probiotics based on clinical research. A complete probiotic supplement for ultimate digestive health. Made with 10 probiotic strains & Non-Gmo ingredients. Shelf-stable vegan probiotics with No: unnecessary binders, soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, shellfish or preservatives.
- Naturally Inspired Probiotic Supplement: Contains 10 strains plus a Patented Shelf-Stable bottle which ensures product stability. Our probiotic daily blend plus organic prebiotic fiber blend naturally helps to support the stomach’s digestive environment and supports the natural stomach balance. Great for gut health, and occasional gas relief, bloating relief, constipation, digestive health and intestinal health.
- Probiotics for Adults: Our prebiotics and probiotics are effective and intended for use by adults. Acidophilus probiotic with prebiotic including 10 strains: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus plantarum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium breve, Lactobacillus bulgaricus.
- Safety Assured Standard of Quality: Our 60 Billion Probiotic is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency. Each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients. Our probiotics are made for women and men. They contain 60 Billion Cfus at the time of manufacturing, more than the usual 50 Billion Cfu, plus our standard organic prebiotic blend!
Additional Info :
- KILLS FAST: Kills mosquitoes, listed ant types, fleas and other listed insects
- QUICKFLIP HOSE-END SPRAYER: Hose-end-sprayer activates spray at the flip of a switch – just grip, flip and go
- LASTS ALL SUMMER: Controls up to 12 weeks against house crickets, carpenter ants, harvester ants, lady beetles and earwigs
- COVERAGE: Treats up to 5,000 square feet of lawn
- NO MIXING REQUIRED: Attach the sprayer to a garden hose to treat your lawn, landscape and outdoor surfaces where insects hide
Additional Info :
- High potency turmeric pills enhanced with bioperine: BioSchwartz turmeric formula has 1500mg of turmeric curcumin with 95% standardized curcuminoids per serving (high potency) and 10mg of bioperine (black pepper, curcumin with black pepper) aiding in enhanced absorption and bio-availability
- All natural, non-GMO, no fillers, binders or preservatives: Bioschwartz professional grade turmeric with bioperine (curcumin with bioperine) is a natural turmeric powder; turmeric powder has higher absorption compared to common turmeric teas, and this curcumin is also free of soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, GMOs, peanuts, sweeteners, shellfish and sugar
- Professionally formulated & made in the USA: Bioschwartz turmeric extract is formulated by professionals and manufactured in the USA following strict GMP guidelines; this turmeric with bioperine is 3rd-party tested to ensure the quality and purity of each batch
- Naturally potent ingredients: this turmeric curcumin supplement’s potency is enhanced with patented bioperine (10mg per serving), a type of black pepper extract shown to increase absorption and bioavailability in turmeric supplements
- Bioschwartz professional quality standards: every batch of Bioschwartz turmeric curcumin with bioperine is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency and each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients; this turmeric supplement is formulated for women and men who want to enjoy the benefits of turmeric curcumin supplements
Additional Info :
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: The active ingredient is Loratadine 10 mg, an antihistamine; compare to the active ingredient in Claritin
- 26 HOUR ALLERGY RELIEF: One dose of GoodSense Loratadine Tablets 10 mg works for a full 24 hours to relieve your tough allergy symptoms
- ORIGINAL PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH: Get strong symptom relief without the sleepiness, when taken as directed; this trusted allergy medicine comes in full prescription strength
- ANTIHISTAMINE: This histamine blocker temporarily relieves symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies: sneezing, runny nose, itching of the nose or throat and itchy, watery eyes
- NON-DROWSY: When taken as directed, this allergy medicine will help your runny nose and other common allergy symptoms without making you feel drowsy
Additional Info :