Have you every wondered if fleas can give you diseases? Millions of people contract diseases every year, and while most people would assume that disease comes from some happy parasite attached to a scary looking insect, that’s not always the case. So where do diseases come from? There is much debate over this topic. Simply because a flea can transfer a disease and does not necessarily mean it will spread it. Fleas are little blood sucking parasites that can be found under human foot, it can be considered as one of the worst insect pests in almost every region on earth. Fleas can transmit a number of diseases to both humans and animals, they are bacteria, viruses, protozoa and nematodes. Diseases transmitted by fleas can be make your pet or you very ill, in some cases they can even cause death. Fleas are parasites that feed on the blood of their host. Not just fleas, but also ticks can spread diseases. In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Lyme disease is spread by tick bites more than any other disease. So feeding on blood is a commonality of both flea and tick species. But there’s something else they both have in common and that is the ability to spread diseases. Fleas can grow and multiply in your home with alarming speed. They can multiply several times during a single warm season, with each female capable of producing as many as 18 viable eggs per day. In fact, there are over 2,000 different species of fleas, but the most common types in the United States include the dog flea (Ctenocephalides canis), cat flea (Ctenocephalides felis), brown dog tick (Rhipicephalus sanguineus) and oriental rat flea (Xenopsylla cheopis). Fleas are a common problem among pets and humans alike. While they do not typically cause any damage to people, fleas on a large number of animals can depress a community’s GDP. A small town in Virginia Beach, for instance, was devastated by the flea problem. Shelters were overrun and townsfolk were afraid to allow their children outside for fear of being eaten alive. Fleas are parasites that survive by feeding on the blood of humans, pets and sometimes other mammals. They are present in every state except Alaska, but some areas of the country have significantly higher rates than others.Fleas transmit diseases to people and pets through direct bites and from their waste. Although all flea bites can cause itching and sometimes swelling, dog fleas are more likely to bite humans than cat fleas.
Can Fleas Give You Diseases
Yes. Fleas can transmit a dipylidium and cat-scratch disease to humans.
Fleas can transmit disease-causing organisms to humans. Dipylidium caninum is a common parasite of dogs and cats transmitted by fleas. Cat-scratch disease is caused by bacteria carried by fleas that invade the skin through a scratch or bite wound, which causes an infection. Other diseases that can be transmitted by fleas include murine typhus, rickettsialpox, louping ill and plague.
But you can and should protect your pet from fleas.
If you suspect that your pet has fleas, first consult your veterinarian. Your vet will be able to recommend the best course of treatment for your animal. For example, there are medications designed for dogs and cats that can be dangerous if used on other animals. Also keep in mind that some medications are not safe for puppies or kittens under a certain age, so check with your doctor before administering any medication to your pet.
Be sure to follow all instructions when administering medication and inform others who live in the home about what products are being used on the animal. Also consider using flea collars as another way to kill off fleas before they bite or move onto other animals in the household
Treat dogs and cats for flea and tick control with the appropriate medication that a veterinarian recommends.
It’s best to consult a veterinarian before treating your dog or cat for flea and tick control. A vet can help you select the appropriate medication based on your pet’s age, weight, medical history and other factors. Bravecto is an excellent choice for dogs and cats because it acts as both a chewable tablet and topical solution for flea control in dogs weighing over four pounds. It also provides protection against ticks for up to three months if administered once every three months; however, the manufacturer recommends administering the product only once every 12 weeks if your dog is at risk of getting sick from ticks. This fast-acting formula is safe for both puppies under 10 weeks old and pregnant or nursing dogs (in some situations), but it should not be used on cats due to potential adverse side effects like vomiting or diarrhea that could cause dehydration in felines who receive this treatment regularly.
Make sure to choose treatments that use the latest in flea and tick control technology, such as Bravecto Chew or Bravecto Topical, which kill fleas, prevent flea infestations and kill ticks for 12 weeks with one dose.
To keep your cat from returning to the vet office with a new set of fleas, follow these tips:
- Choose treatments that use the latest in flea and tick control technology, such as Bravecto Chew or Bravecto Topical, which kill fleas, prevent flea infestations and kill ticks for 12 weeks with one dose.
Bravecto is available as a 3 month topical solution for cats (given once every three months), or as an oral tablet that lasts up to 12 weeks.
These products are veterinarian recommended because they kill 100% of existing adult fleas within 2 hours of administration and provide protection from re-infestation for 12 full weeks after treatment has been administered.
Bravecto is also available as a 3 month topical solution for cats.
Bravecto is also available as a 3-month topical solution for cats. It prevents fleas from biting your cat, and therefore does not kill them but prevents them from making any further infestations on your house or even in the yard. However, if you treat your dogs with Bravecto and then let them into the same yard as their cat brothers or sisters, this may cause problems for the cat.
there are ways to protect your pet
If you’re concerned about your pet’s health, there are several steps you can take to ensure that fleas don’t pose a threat.
First, ask your veterinarian for recommendations on the best type of flea treatment for your pet. While some products are over-the-counter and others require prescription from a veterinarian (and vice versa), it’s important to follow their advice when choosing what product to use on your dog or cat. They’ll be able to guide you in choosing the best kind of treatment based on age, weight and other factors specific to each animal.
Next, make sure that any product used is effective against both adult fleas as well as larvae—not all products kill immature stages! If a product does not eliminate all life stages of parasites (adults and eggs), then it is not an effective treatment option at all; look elsewhere if this is the case with what has been recommended by your vet or pharmacist/chemist.”
- PRESERVISION AREDS 2 EYE VITAMINS: This formula uses Lutein & Zeaxanthin, zinc, copper, Vitamin C & Vitamin E to exactly match the nutrient formula recommended by the AMD experts at the National Eye Institute based on the Age Related Eye Disease Study 2.
- AREDS 2 SUPPLEMENT: PreserVision is the #1 doctor recommended eye vitamin based on 20 years of clinical studies to help reduce the risk of progression of moderate to advanced Age-related Macular Degeneration, & uses Lutein & Zeaxanthin.
- EYE VITAMINS FOR HEALTHY EYES: Bausch + Lomb carries a full line of ocular supplements with vitamins, minerals & nutrients that promote eye health, including Ocuvite eye vitamins for general eye health & PreserVision for age-related eye health concerns.
- BAUSCH + LOMB EYE CARE EXPERTS: In 1853, John Jacob Bausch opened an optical goods store in Rochester, New York. Since then, Bausch + Lomb has continued to focus on innovation and quality in eye care products, from contact lenses to lubricant eye drops.
- BAUSCH + LOMB EYE SUPPLEMENTS: Eye health is more than good vision and at Bausch + Lomb, we’re focused on all aspects of healthy eyes. Try our eye health vitamins and supplements if you’ve used other supplements based on the AREDS or AREDS2 study.
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, when provided.
Additional Info :
- 60 Billion Cfus Max Strength: Our probiotic actually contains 60 Billion Cfus per serving. Other brands claim it, but beware of deception. Some products say “equivalent to” or do not state an amount of Cfus. We saw a need for high-quality supplements that actually work and stand by their claims. Our most popular probiotic brings you exactly what’s on the label with 10 probiotic strains, 60 Billion Cfu, and an organic prebiotic blend.
- Probiotics and Organic Prebiotics: Our probiotics are made with prebiotics and probiotics based on clinical research. A complete probiotic supplement for ultimate digestive health. Made with 10 probiotic strains & Non-Gmo ingredients. Shelf-stable vegan probiotics with No: unnecessary binders, soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, shellfish or preservatives.
- Naturally Inspired Probiotic Supplement: Contains 10 strains plus a Patented Shelf-Stable bottle which ensures product stability. Our probiotic daily blend plus organic prebiotic fiber blend naturally helps to support the stomach’s digestive environment and supports the natural stomach balance. Great for gut health, and occasional gas relief, bloating relief, constipation, digestive health and intestinal health.
- Probiotics for Adults: Our prebiotics and probiotics are effective and intended for use by adults. Acidophilus probiotic with prebiotic including 10 strains: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus plantarum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium breve, Lactobacillus bulgaricus.
- Safety Assured Standard of Quality: Our 60 Billion Probiotic is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency. Each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients. Our probiotics are made for women and men. They contain 60 Billion Cfus at the time of manufacturing, more than the usual 50 Billion Cfu, plus our standard organic prebiotic blend!
Additional Info :
- High potency turmeric pills enhanced with bioperine: BioSchwartz turmeric formula has 1500mg of turmeric curcumin with 95% standardized curcuminoids per serving (high potency) and 10mg of bioperine (black pepper, curcumin with black pepper) aiding in enhanced absorption and bio-availability
- All natural, non-GMO, no fillers, binders or preservatives: Bioschwartz professional grade turmeric with bioperine (curcumin with bioperine) is a natural turmeric powder; turmeric powder has higher absorption compared to common turmeric teas, and this curcumin is also free of soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, GMOs, peanuts, sweeteners, shellfish and sugar
- Professionally formulated & made in the USA: Bioschwartz turmeric extract is formulated by professionals and manufactured in the USA following strict GMP guidelines; this turmeric with bioperine is 3rd-party tested to ensure the quality and purity of each batch
- Naturally potent ingredients: this turmeric curcumin supplement’s potency is enhanced with patented bioperine (10mg per serving), a type of black pepper extract shown to increase absorption and bioavailability in turmeric supplements
- Bioschwartz professional quality standards: every batch of Bioschwartz turmeric curcumin with bioperine is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency and each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients; this turmeric supplement is formulated for women and men who want to enjoy the benefits of turmeric curcumin supplements
Additional Info :
- #1 ASHWAGANDHA – HIGH POTENCY 1300MG FOR BEST RESULTS: Enjoy all the benefits of a pure and potent Ashwagandha supplement. Our pure ashwagandha formula offers 1300mg per serving, delivering superior adaptogens in easy-to-swallow capsules.
- BLACK PEPPER FOR MAXIMUM ABSORPTION: Feel like you’re constantly exhausted? Energy levels can improve naturally with ashwagandha. With black pepper for added absorption, all you need is 3 capsules per day for complete support.
- DEEPER, MORE RESTFUL SLEEP – 120 VEGGIE CAPSULES – NO BINDERS, FILLERS, OR ALLERGENS: Support your body’s natural rhythm so you fall asleep with a clearer mind and awaken with mental clarity. Ashwagandha supports restorative rest. Two month supply in every bottle
- MADE WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC ASHWAGANDHA ROOT: Rest, Relax, and Recharge with our natural ashwagandha supplement. It is certified organic by UDAF and contains only root extract for maximum effectiveness and superior withanolide concentration.
- SUPERIOR IMMUNE SUPPORT – MADE IN THE USA & 3RD PARTY TESTED FOR SAFETY AND PURITY: Don’t let the crazy pace of life leave you feeling frazzled! Find your zen and enjoy the immune system support and vitality you’ve been searching for. Our Ashwagandha supplement is made in the USA and 3rd party tested for safety & purity
Additional Info :
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: The active ingredient in these delayed release tablets is omeprazole 20 mg, which works as an acid reducer to treat frequent heartburn. Compare to Prilosec OTC
- TREATS FREQUENT HEARTBURN: Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg treat frequent heartburn that occurs 2 or more times a week
- ACID REDUCER: Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg is a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) that deactivates pumps in the stomach lining to inhibit acid production at the source.
- 14-DAY COURSE OF HEARTBURN TREATMENT: Taken once every 24 hours for 14 days, Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg is not intended for immediate relief of heartburn and may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
- HEARTBURN TIPS: Do not eat late at night or just before bedtime. Certain foods or drinks are more likely to cause heartburn, such as rich, spicy, fatty and fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and even some fruits and vegetables.
Additional Info :