Can fleas harm humans? This is one of the questions you hear a lot about fleas, and I’m here to give you a definitive answer. Naturally, there are different types of fleas and other insects. The most common ones that people ask if they can harm humans are dog fleas and cat fleas. According to a recent study, the bacteria dog and cat fleas carry could possibly cause people anemia. The study was conducted at the University of California Davis. A total of 466 dogs and 43 cats were tested for certain bacteria. It has been found that the bacteria will be able to survive and spread in human blood streams. I want to be as open about this as I can because I know how difficult it’s been for me to find a credible source of information on the internet. That’s why I’m going to just say this… There are things you can do to reduce the chances of being bitten by fleas including washing your clothes in hot water, vacuuming often and maintaining a groomed lawn. These tactics will all work but they won’t eliminate (no pun intended) the issue. If you want to eradicate fleas from your home, or just keep them from coming back, you need an effective and safe product that has been clinically proven to work. Why? Because humans don’t have fur… We are thinner and have less natural defenses against external pests. This means that fleas look at us as bigger targets and will devour us if they get the chance! Lots of people have furry pets like dogs and cats at home. These animals have fleas that are capable of jumping off them and moving to other places. These harmful little insects could potentially hurt animals, family members and friends. However, there is nothing to worry about as long as you control the fleas as soon as you detect their existence. However, these insects are not harmful until they begin reproducing and spreading in homes.
Can Fleas Harm Humans
Fleas can spread disease.
Fleas can spread disease to humans, pets and other animals. The most common diseases spread by fleas are:
- Flea bite dermatitis (skin condition)
- Flea allergy dermatitis (skin condition)
- Murine typhus (infectious disease)
Fleas can cause allergic reactions.
Fleas can cause allergic reactions, but this is not common.
If your immune system overreacts to a foreign substance, you have an allergic reaction. This can cause a rash or hives, or make the skin red and itchy. In rare cases, an allergic reaction to flea bites can cause swelling or difficulty breathing.
Some people are more vulnerable to flea bites than others.
Some people are more vulnerable to flea bites than others. If you have sensitive skin or you’re allergic to bites from other animals, you might develop an itchy rash after a flea bite. But even if your dog doesn’t have any issues with fleas, she may still be bitten by them and get an allergic reaction.
If you notice that your pet is scratching excessively after being outside in the yard or park, it could be a sign of an allergy. You should see if there are signs such as redness around her mouth and feet—this indicates that she has been bitten by a biting insect like a flea or mosquito. She may also start pawing at her fur in an attempt to get rid of the insect on her body (or remove dead insects).
Fleas can cause serious reactions in dogs who are allergic to their saliva; this can lead them to scratch themselves so much that they cause open sores on their skin which can become infected with bacteria such as E coli bacteria leading them into becoming seriously ill due to blood poisoning (septicemia).
People with fleas should avoid scratching their bites.
It’s important to avoid scratching your bites. Scratching can lead to infections, especially if you have an open wound on your skin or if you’re scratching with dirty hands. If you scratch too hard and break the skin, it could become infected as well. For these reasons, it’s best not to scratch at all when fleas are present in your home or on your pets. The itchiness and swelling that result from scratching can also make the situation worse by irritating the bites more than they already are.
Flea bites can become infected if the person scratches them.
While flea bites are not harmful to humans, they can become infected if the person scratches them. Bacteria can enter through broken skin, leading to an infection that causes redness and swelling. If you scratch your bites, you will increase the risk of getting an infection by introducing bacteria into your bloodstream.
If you have fleas, take care and use insect repellent on your pets
The most common way to get fleas is from your pets. Give them a bath every week and use an insect repellent on them, especially in the summer when they are more likely to be outside.
Also make sure that you vacuum regularly, especially around the house where your pet sleeps, so you can reduce the risk of having fleas coming back into the house.
- Tested and Proven to Kill COVID-19 Virus* (*Kills SARS-CoV-2 during pre-soak conditions in 5 minutes), EPA Reg No.777-128
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria*** detergents leave behind (**When used as directed)
- Contains 0% bleach, works even in cold water
- Works in all standard and HE washing machines
- Suitable for use on baby clothes, gym clothes, undergarments, towels, bedding, delicates
Additional Info :
- The name in flea & tick protection trusted by pet owners for over 20 years, this waterproof, fast-acting flea and tick treatment kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Designed for use only with cats and kittens, this long-lasting treatment is made for cats eight weeks or older, weighing 1.5 pounds or more.
- Made with two active ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene, this treatment stops infestations and prevents new ones.
- Applied on a single point on your pet, the treatment rapidly covers your cat’s entire body and deposits in the sebaceous glands. These glands as a reservoir, continuously replenishing the treatment onto your pet, working even if your cat gets wet.
- One dose of FRONTLINE Plus lasts 30 days.
Additional Info :
- Add a layer of protection to your clothing and gear with Permethrin insect and tick repellent spray — perfect for use on shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, boots, sleeping bags, tents, netting, when outdoors, camping, hunting, or on travel
- Ideal for backpacking, backyard BBQs, and other outdoor activities, it’s effective against more than 55 kinds of insects — from disease-spreading ticks (Lyme disease) and mosquitoes (West Nile and Zika viruses) to chiggers, spiders, mites, and more
- Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks or through 6 washings (whichever comes first) and won’t stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or outdoor gear; odorless after drying
- Reduce likelihood of a tick bite by 73.6 times by treating shoes and socks with Permethrin (University of Rhode Island study – 2017)
- 24-ounce trigger spray bottle treats five complete outfits (updated EPA dosage is 4.5 ounces per outfit consisting of shirt, pants, and socks); maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Picaridin topical repellent for the skin
Additional Info :
- 6-month supply of advantage II topical large cat flea prevention
- Easy-to-apply and pre-measured flea treatment application tubes, fragrance-free and waterproof after 24 hours
- Advantage II large cat flea prevention kills fleas through contact, meaning fleas don’t have to bite your cat in order to die.Avoid contact with eyes or clothing
- Starts working within 12 hours and protects your cat for up to 30 days. Kills fleas in multiple life stages; Eggs, larvae and adults to break the flea life cycle
- Vet recommended, fragrance free and designed specifically to treat and prevent fleas on cats
Additional Info :
|Color||Blacks & Grays|
- CERTIFIED GENTLE AND SAFE Chlorine free and color safe. Safe to use around pets and children. No hazardous propellants, no residue left behind. So gentle it’s been Certified Safe for all carpets, earning the Seal of Approval by the trusted Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
- ELIMINATES STAINS, ODORS AND RESIDUE If it’s gross, it’s gone. Not just the stain, but the stink. From stinky yellow pet urine and feces to vomit and other organic spills, our professional strength formula tackles them all.
- EVERY SURFACE, EVERY TIME For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, litter boxes, kennels, carriers, all pet living and sleeping areas—anywhere stains happen.
- ENZYME ACTIVATED The key is getting to the problem deep-down. This spray contains natural enzymes that are activated on contact with odors and stains, feeding on ammonia crystals and organic matter until they are completely eliminated.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED An Amazon best seller—for a reason. If your stains and odors aren’t gone, neither is your money. We’ll refund it in full.
Additional Info :