Fleas are small insects that live in the fur of your pets and like to nibble away. These tiny critters can cause a lot of problems, including skin irritation, allergies and endless scratching. But fleas can also be a problem for you as an owner of an infested pet. The flea eggs fall off your pet and at night the flea eggs can become adults within minutes, jumping on you or your family members to bite them. This will cause irritation on your skin too. Bed bugs are small and parasitic insects of the cimicid family. They feed exclusively on blood, predominantly at night. Thought to be a modern-day phenomenon, in reality bed bugs have co-existed alongside humans for thousands of years. Their size, secretive nature and ability to survive without food make them difficult to control making them one of the most persistent pests in the world today. Of course, like all other species of parasitic insects, fleas need to be in close contact with their warm-blooded hosts for food and breeding. They can’t live too far away from their favorite people or animals, because they need to regularly suck blood to survive and reproduce. Fleas are a common critter to fear. Though pets that spend time outside should be checked for fleas, the presence of fleas inside your home can be worrisome. Flea eggs can also hatch in your bedding which can lead to more flea troubles. Fleas have been on earth over 250 million years, but they’re not as dangerous as they used to be. In eliminating fleas which live in bed, by that I mean searching for dogs, cats and other pets among the humans of your household and getting rid of them, you’ll have to take a few precautions yourself.
Can Fleas Live In Bed
Fleas aren’t just a nuisance for dogs and cats.
Fleas aren’t just a nuisance for dogs and cats. They can also cause serious allergic reactions in humans, so they should be taken seriously by anyone who has a pet that’s prone to flea infestations.
There are several ways that fleas can make you sick:
- Fleas carry diseases that can be transmitted to people through bites or contact with infected animal hair or skin. Some of these diseases include typhus fever, bubonic plague and rickettsialpox. Allergic reactions to flea saliva also occur regularly in humans who have been bitten by an infected animal. Common symptoms include fatigue, muscle aches and headaches as well as swelling around the bite area which may last several days after the initial incident occurred (not unlike how itchy red bumps appear when someone gets bit by chiggers).
Flea bites are itchy.
It is important to note that fleas will bite people as well as animals. If you do get bitten by a flea, it is best to treat both yourself and your pet at the same time. In fact, if your pet has fleas, it’s likely that you have them too—so be sure to address this issue on both levels!
Flea bites can become infected or irritate the skin if they are scratched into open wounds or rubbed by clothing or bedding. Bites may also cause allergic reactions in humans and animals.
Fleas can make you sick.
Everyone knows that fleas can make a dog sick. But did you know that fleas are also known to cause tapeworms in people? If you swallow a flea, it can make its way into your stomach and live there, feeding off of the nutrients in your food and making you feel full. One of these little guys will make an appearance every time you have a meal, so be careful where you sit down to eat or have someone else eat while they’re wearing their outdoor clothes—the last thing anyone wants is to accidentally eat their own pets’ dinner!
If you get bitten by a flea then it’s possible to contract an infection from them. Fleas carry disease-causing bacteria on their bodies and may pass these diseases along when they bite us (or our pets). The best way to avoid this is by treating any pet with fleas with medication as soon as possible.
Fleas can cause allergic reactions in humans and animals.
Flea bites on humans can cause inflammation and itching. This can be a problem for people with allergies to flea saliva. People who have a severe reaction to flea bites will develop intense itching and rashes, and they may also have difficulty breathing.
The small size of the fleas makes it more difficult for humans to spot them without magnification. They are so small that they fit between the hairs on your dog’s skin or between your cat’s paw pads, making them hard to see without looking closely with a magnifying glass or other device.
Fleas are capable of transmitting diseases such as bubonic plague, typhus fever, murine typhus (also known as endemic typhus), cat scratch disease (CSD), bartonellosis (cat-scratch disease), ehrlichiosis bacteria transmitted by ticks and mosquitoes that causes Rocky Mountain spotted fever in humans
The sooner you get your flea problem under control, the better.
If you think you have a flea problem, don’t wait to take action. While adult fleas tend to live only one month at most, their eggs can remain dormant for up to two years before hatching—meaning that if there is an infestation in your home, it’s not just today or this month that will be affected; it’s going to affect all the months ahead. If you let things go for too long, the difference between treating them now and later will be night and day: You’ll have far fewer bites from their bites as well as fewer eggs on your pet and elsewhere around the house.
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for dogs: Frontline Plus for Dogs provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your dog. This product is approved for use on dogs 5-22 lbs.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for dogs: Frontline has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula isstored in the oil glands of the pet’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
- THE RIGHT COMBINATION – Our special recipe for rejuvenating rest. Refreshing green tea and moisture-absorbing ActivCharcoal infused into pressure-relieving memory foam that cradles your shape so you awake free of aches and pains and fresh as a daisy
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS – 3 inches conforming memory foam, 2 inches soft, airflow enhancing comfort foam, and 7 inches durable, high density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and petite to average weight sleepers
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED – Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- EXPERTLY PACKAGED – Our technology allows this mattress to be efficiently compressed into one box that’s easily shipped and maneuvered into the bedroom; simply unbox, unroll and this mattress does the rest, expanding to its original shape within 72 hours
- Worry-free 10 year limited warranty included; twin mattress supports a maximum weight of 250 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 500 lbs
Additional Info :
- 6 monthly applications of K9 Advantix II flea and tick prevention for small dogs weighing 4-10 pounds
- K9 Advantix II flea and tick prevention for dogs works through contact, so fleas, ticks and mosquitoes do not have to bite your dog to die
- K9 Advantix II flea and tick control for dogs is an easy to apply topical formula
- Starts working to kill fleas within 12 hours and keeps working for 30 days
- Suitable for effective year-round dog flea and tick treatment for small dogs
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact, repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. A safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewables, and drops that’s powered by nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, CATS OF ALL AGES. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets as often as needed, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family. Kid-safe. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home! A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Lemongrass scent freshens homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the best advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty free, biodegradable, and Made in the U.S.A.
Additional Info :
- EFFECTIVE, WATERPROOF FLEA TREATMENT FOR CATS: PetArmor Plus is a waterproof, flea & tick topical prevention for cats that kills fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks, and chewing lice for up to 30 days after application.
- TRUSTED, VET QUALITY FORMULA: Containing fipronil and (S)-methoprene, the same active ingredients as FRONTLINE Plus for Cats. PetArmor Plus for Cats has a powerful formula that starts to kill fleas within 24 hours.
- BREAK THE FLEA CYCLE: Unlike other flea and tick treatments that may temporarily suppress flea activity, PETARMOR Plus Cat Flea Treatment works by effectively breaking the flea life cycle. Kill flea eggs and larvae to prevent re-infestation.
- FLEA AND TICK PROTECTION: PetArmor Plus for Cats flea drops protects your furry family members from brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, Lone Star ticks, and deer ticks (which may transmit Lyme disease).
- EASY-TO-USE, LONG-LASTING: PetArmor Plus flea and tick treatment comes with six (6) waterproof topical applications that provide your pet flea protection and control for (6) months
Additional Info :