Fleas are one of the hardiest and most adaptive creatures when it comes to living and thriving on animals. However, a flea’s ability to adapt does not stop there: fleas can also live and thrive on humans. This is a result of biological traits, as well as behavioral and environmental ones. While it is not common for people to be infected by fleas, it can occur depending on the situation. My dog has fleas. She’s a little rascal and was outside all last night peeing on everything. I know she has the fleas because when I’m petting her, minute little insects fall onto my hand. My question is, are the fleas going to make me sick? There are two general types of fleas: biting and non-biting. Biting fleas include cat, dog and human fleas, and tend to be more of a problem for humans than non-biting fleas, which live on animals. Read on to learn how to get rid of fleas from your pets, home, yard and body. Fleas are a common pest in the southwestern United States, especially in Arizona and Texas. While fleas may be an annoyance to pets and other animals, they can also cause issues for humans. In this article, we’ll learn more about diseases that fleas can transmit to humans and how to avoid them. Our furry friends. We adore them and take great care for our beloved pets. Sadly, sometimes we are bitten by them. A flea bite won’t kill you, however, you should take action if the infestation is bad enough. Fleas are around 1/4 of an inch long and can jump very high, approximately 5 inches off the ground and 7 inches from a flat surface. Fleas are the bane of most pet owners’ existence. Whether your pet has already been plagued by fleas or you’re just worried about it happening, it is clear that any time spent dealing with these pests is an opportunity for you to ignore your dog or cat. This can leave you feeling stressed out and harried — neither of which are good for anyone’s blood pressure.
Can Fleas Make Humans Sick
Flea bites can cause skin irritation, inflammation, and even anaphylaxis in people with a flea allergy. However, the most common diseases transmitted by fleas in humans are not caused by the bite itself but by the transmission of bacteria and parasites from infected pets to their owners.
Flea saliva has evolved to be protective against blood loss while they feed on their host’s blood. This allows them to feed longer without causing any harm or discomfort to their host animal. However, the saliva also contains an antimicrobial peptide called spirotickin that helps prevent pathogen transmission between animals (and occasionally between animals and humans).
Infectious Diseases caused by Fleas
- Fleas are blood-feeding insects that can transmit diseases and infections to humans.
- Fleas have a long, narrow body that may be brown or black. They live on the blood of mammals such as dogs and cats, but they also bite humans. They often live in homes where there are animals like dogs and cats because of the availability of food (blood).
- Fleas can cause skin irritation and allergic reactions in humans. If you have an allergy to flea bites, your symptoms may include itchy red bumps on your skin where you were bitten by the flea (which looks like a tiny mosquito).
The plague, also known as the Black Death, is an infectious disease that was once one of the most devastating pandemics in human history. The Black Death ravaged Europe from 1347 to 1351, killing as much as 60% of its population. It’s still around today and is responsible for about 2 million cases each year worldwide.
Symptoms include fever, headache, muscle pain and extreme fatigue (debilitation). In the most advanced stages of infection—the septicemic phase—buboes appear at the point where lymph nodes drain into open areas such as armpits or groin regions; these swell up like large boils with dark centers called “carbuncles.” These are accompanied by diarrhea and vomiting blood (hematemesis) due to capillaries being damaged by bacteria circulating in bloodstreams after passing through alveoli in lungs.
Anyone who has ever experienced an uncomfortably high temperature with accompanying headaches and joint pains knows how painful it can be when your body feels like it’s burning up from within—and now imagine having this sensation 24/7 for several days on end? This is why we recommend taking caution whenever possible: there’s no reason why anyone should have to experience such suffering unnecessarily just because they were too busy working late at night to notice their neighbors’ smoke detectors going off because someone left meat cooking all night long on exhaust fan vents under their stovetop burners!
Flea-borne typhus is caused by the bacteria Rickettsia typhi. This bacteria can be transmitted to humans through a flea’s bite or by handling infected animals.
Symptoms of typhus include:
- Headache and muscle aches
- Rash on the trunk, abdomen, arms and legs (commonly described as “rose spots”)
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck, armpits and groin area. Flea-borne typhus does not typically lead to complications such as meningitis or encephalitis. The rash associated with this infection isn’t itchy or painful—it might even go unnoticed at first glance! However, if you notice any signs of these symptoms after being outdoors where there are fleas present (like in your backyard), make sure to contact your doctor right away so they can treat you with antibiotics immediately before the illness gets worse over time!
Tapeworms are parasitic worms that reside in the intestines of animals. They can infect humans, but they don’t often cause serious illness.
Tapeworms are typically transmitted to humans by eating undercooked meat or fish infected with tapeworm larvae. Fleas may also transfer tapeworm eggs to a human host, where they mature into adult parasites that live in the intestine and attach themselves to the intestinal wall using suckers on their bodies (like ticks) or hooks at the head end of their bodies (like lice). The resulting infestation may cause abdominal pain, diarrhea and weight loss if left untreated.
Tapeworm infections typically resolve on their own without treatment within months or years—though some cases have been known to last up to eight years1—and there are several medications available that treat tapeworm infections as well as other types of worm infestations2; however, these medications should only be used under medical supervision due to potential side effects such as nausea or dizziness3
Fleas can transmit disease and infections to humans
Fleas can transmit disease and infections to humans. They are most likely to do this if they bite you while feeding on an infected animal. The most common way for a flea to infect you is by biting you because it will leave its saliva in your skin, which contains the bacteria that causes the infection. When fleas bite humans, their saliva gets into our bloodstreams through puncture wounds and bites. This is what causes diseases like typhus or plague. If you have an open wound on your body, then fleas might be able to start an infection with their mouthparts as well, which means that even if you don’t get bit by them directly (like when they’re crawling around on your bedding), there could still be some risk of getting sick from them!
- CERTIFIED GENTLE AND SAFE Chlorine free and color safe. Safe to use around pets and children. No hazardous propellants, no residue left behind. So gentle it’s been Certified Safe for all carpets, earning the Seal of Approval by the trusted Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
- ELIMINATES STAINS, ODORS AND RESIDUE If it’s gross, it’s gone. Not just the stain, but the stink. From stinky yellow pet urine and feces to vomit and other organic spills, our professional strength formula tackles them all.
- EVERY SURFACE, EVERY TIME For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, litter boxes, kennels, carriers, all pet living and sleeping areas—anywhere stains happen.
- ENZYME ACTIVATED The key is getting to the problem deep-down. This spray contains natural enzymes that are activated on contact with odors and stains, feeding on ammonia crystals and organic matter until they are completely eliminated.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED An Amazon best seller—for a reason. If your stains and odors aren’t gone, neither is your money. We’ll refund it in full.
Additional Info :
- NATURAL TREATMENT: Use natural plant essential oil ingredients to kills and repel fleas and ticks, lice, mite, mosquitoes through contact. It can kill these pest all life cycle, including eggs, larvae and adults.
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: It is safe for dogs and cats of all ages. It can be frequently used for puppies, kittens and senior pets as needed. It can be used safely in the whole family and is safe for children.
- Plant essential oil ingredients: Natural plant essential oil spray can effective alternative to collars, pills, chews and drops are safe alternatives.
- Comprehensive prevention: suitable for dogs, cats and homes! kills fleas on carpets, furniture, bedding and the entire house on the floor. It can use in pet environments (such as kennels or cat apartments)
- CHARITY !!– With every sold spray we donate 1$ to Organizations that are engaged in saving animals. Help us to give them hope! Nothing is more important than the safety and health of your pet.
Additional Info :
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE – Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray kills mosquitoes, fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, and ticks by contact without harsh chemicals.
- EASY TO USE – Includes ready-to-use hose attachment for quick and easy application on turf, lawns, kennels, patios, and other outside surfaces. Not known to be harmful to trees, shrubs, or flowers.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS – Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural and deet free.
- USE FOR UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET – Each 32oz concentrate bottle treats up to 5,000 square feet and can be refilled with Vet’s Best Yard and Kennel Spray 96oz Refill.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
|Color||Whites & Tans|
- DENAMARIN HELPS MAINTAIN THE HEALTH OF YOUR PET’S LIVER: The liver is one of the most vital organs in your pet and is responsible for removing toxins, storing energy, aiding digestion, and supporting the immune system
- PROVIDES LIVER PROTECTION AND DETOXIFICATION: Denamarin helps to increase levels of a potent antioxidant called glutathione, which helps with detoxifing the liver and may help in liver cell repair and regeneration
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: The Silybin (Milk Thistle Extract) in Denamarin has been shown to have higher absorption in dogs than the standardized milk thistle extract found in many other products.
- Made in the USA from globally sourced ingredients
Additional Info :
- ✔️ EASY & AFFORDABLE TICK REMOVAL – The hook tip is designed to safely and easily remove ticks from humans or pets, and can be easier to use on a thick-furred, feisty dog or cat than a pair of tweezers.
- ✔️ DURABLE & COMPACT DESIGN – These tick removers are durable, lightweight, and pocket sized, which makes it easy to take with you in your first aid kit or backpack
- ✔️ INCLUDES THREE SIZES OF TICK REMOVER – Keep them together to provide more options, or give one to each member of your family!
- ✔️ FREE TICK ID CARD & STORAGE POUCH – This 3-piece set includes a free pocket-sized Tick Species ID Card, plus a resealable storage pouch
- ✔️ UNIVERSITY RECOMMENDED TICK REMOVAL – Follow the included instructions for safe and complete tick removal by pulling, not twisting, the tick
Additional Info :