Fleas are small insects that jump and can hop three times their body length. Fleas are usually red, brown, black or yellow in color. Fleas can be found on dogs and cats, but can also be found on other animals such as rabbits, birds, pigs, squirrels and more. Fleas usually live for about two to three months.
Flea bites cause itching and discomfort. The flea bite may itch intensely at first and then become less noticeable over time. Itching from flea bites may last from one to two weeks after you have been bitten by a flea. If you see signs of an infestation or if your pet is scratching at the area where it has been bitten, consult your veterinarian immediately to determine what products need to be used to treat the infestation or remove any fleas that may be present on your pet’s skin.
Dawn dish soap is a mild detergent that is safe for use on all pets, including cats and dogs. When you use Dawn, you will not have to worry about using any harmful chemicals on your pet. It is also very easy to find in supermarkets and grocery stores across the country.
Coconut oil is another alternative that works well as a flea treatment for dogs and cats. Coconut oil has many uses such as moisturizing skin and hair, but it also works well as a flea treatment because it kills adult fleas on pets quickly.
In this article, we will talk about how to use Dawn dish soap and coconut oil as a flea solution for your pet’s home.
What Kind of Coconut Oil Kills Fleas?
A coconut oil that kills fleas is a coconut oil that has the highest concentration of lauric acid possible.
The most common way to find out which type of coconut oil kills fleas is by using the internet. You can search for the phrase “coconut oil flea treatment” or “coconut oil for fleas” and see what comes up. By doing this, you can find out which type of coconut oil has the highest concentration of lauric acid possible and use that one instead.
Lauric acid is also found in breast milk, so if you have a baby or child with severe allergies, then you should avoid using this type of coconut oil because it could cause an allergic reaction in your child.
There are many types of coconut oil that are effective in killing fleas. The type of coconut oil you choose depends on your preference and other factors, but here are some options:
Coconut Cream Oil
Coconut Cream Oil is the most common type of coconut oil used for cooking. It contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) which are easily absorbed by the body and provide energy to the brain and muscles. MCTs also convert into ketones, which can help boost metabolism. This makes it a great choice for people who need to lose weight or maintain their current weight level.
Coconut butter is another popular form of coconut oil for cooking because it has a higher smoke point than coconut cream oil does—meaning it doesn’t burn as easily when heated up over high heat. Its high smoke point also means that it can be used in baking without burning or turning brown as quickly as other types of cooking oils might do so. Coconut butter contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are similar to those found in coconut cream oil but have even more health benefits due to their increased concentration levels. It also contains lauric acid
Will a Soapy Bath and Coconut Oil Get Rid of Fleas?
Yes, it will get rid of fleas.
The combination of a soapy bath and coconut oil can be very effective in getting rid of fleas from your pet. Coconut oil is well known for its antifungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties that help to kill bacteria and other microorganisms. It has also been shown to be a natural repellent for fleas by attracting them away from the skin.
Soap works by removing the outer layers of the skin, which are where most flea eggs are located. This allows the soap to reach deeper into the skin and break down these eggs before they have a chance to hatch into larvae.
In addition to killing fleas, coconut oil can also help with other pests such as ticks and mosquitoes. The fatty acids in coconut oil make it more effective at repelling insects than water alone would be because they create an oily barrier around your pet’s skin that prevents bugs from landing on him or her.
Homemade Flea Spray With Dawn Dish Soap
-1/2 cup Dawn dish soap
-1/2 cup water (approximate)
-1/2 teaspoon dishwashing liquid
-3-4 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir to dissolve the mixture.
2. Apply to affected area as needed. If applied to pets, wait at least ten minutes before applying to humans or animals that are not in need of treatment for fleas or ticks. You may also apply this solution directly to any animal that is in need of treatment for fleas or ticks and allow them time to dry before allowing them access to areas where humans spend time such as parks, beaches and other public spaces where pets congregate together with their owners in close proximity with one another without any type of protective gear such as flea collars, flea collars for dogs, etcetera which can help prevent infestation from occurring once again if it has already occurred once before from another source such as another pet at home or another contact that came into contact with said animal at some point of time during said infestation period due.
List of Dawn Dish Soap Product for Fleas
Dawn dish soap is a good product for fleas. It kills the fleas, but it also helps to kill other types of insects. It can be used on pets and in the home, but it’s especially effective on dogs and cats. There are a few Dawn dish soap products that are recommended for flea removal.
Dawn Dish Soap Ultra Dishwashing Liquid, Dish Soap Refill, Original Scent, 56 Fl Oz (Pack of 2) – Packaging May Vary
Price : $15.48 ($0.14 / Fl Oz)
- Contains 3x more grease-cleaning power (cleaning ingredients per drop vs. The leading competitor’s non-concentrated brand)
- Concentrated formula helps you get through more dishes with less dishwashing liquid
- Original Scent. 50% Less Scrubbing
- Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap Refill, Original. Usage instructions-Do not add bleach. Not for use in dishwashers
Additional Info :
Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap (4×19.4 Fl oz) + Non-Scratch Sponge (2 Count), Original Scent
Price : $15.94
- 50 percent Less Scrubbing
- Contains 3x Grease Cleaning Power (cleaning ingredients per drop vs. Dawn Non-Concentrated)
- Our NEW More Powerful Formula helps you get through more dishes with less dishwashing liquid.Phosphate-Free
- Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap, Original Scent
- Packaging & sponge shape will vary
Additional Info :
Dawn Platinum Powerwash Dish Spray, Dish Soap, Fresh Scent Bundle, 1 Spray (16oz) + 3 Refills (16oz each)
Price : $17.50 ($4.38 / Count)
- Dawn Powerwash Spray gets dishes done faster in 3 easy steps: just spray, wipe, and rinse to cut through grease 5x faster (vs Dawn Dish Soap Non-Concentrated)
- Fully squeeze trigger and allow the innovative nozzle to continuously spray directly on dishes, suds will activate instantly on contact without water
- For heavily soiled dishes allow the suds to sit for a few minutes to allow the Dawn Platinum Powerwash Spray to break down and lift away soils
- Skip the dish scrubber and start cleaning dishes with our dynamite degreaser dish spray, your new favorite household cleaning supplies
- Also works great as a greasy tool & wheel cleaner, stainless steel cleaner, and more.
- Designed with a reusable sprayer to help reduce waste, just remove the white cap and replace with reusable sprayer
Additional Info :
Dawn Platinum Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap, Refreshing Rain Scent, 54.9 fl oz (Pack of 2)
Price : $17.49 ($0.16 / Fl Oz)
- Contains 4X Grease Cleaning Power (cleaning ingredients per drop vs. Dawn Non-Concentrated)
- Dawn dishwashing liquid can even be used to clean items beyond the kitchen sink. Use Dawn dishwashing liquid to remove grease and grime from external car surfaces and the outer shroud of a gas grill.
- Powers away 48-hour, stuck-on food in seconds
- America’s #1 Dish Liquid (Based on Sales)
- Refreshing Rain Scent
Additional Info :
Dawn EZ-Squeeze Ultra Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap (3-22 oz each) + Dawn Non-Scratch Scrubber Sponge (2 count), Original Scent
Price : $15.99 ($0.15 / Fl Oz)
- No Flip. No Mess Cap
- Just grab the bottle & squeeze
- 50% Less Scrubbing (vs. Dawn Non-Concentrated)
- Easy to squeeze from first to last drop
- Breaks Bonds That Tie Grease And Plate Together On Contact
Additional Info :
The Dawn Dish soap and coconut oil treatment for fleas is a great option for households that want to eliminate the problem of fleas without having to use harsh chemicals on their pets or in their yard. It is also a good option if you want to save money by using less expensive ingredients.