The DIY Bed Bug Oven is a highly effective and simple way to kill bed bugs and prevent them from coming back. It’s made of materials you probably already have around the house, so it’s easy to put together and use.
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on human blood. They live in cracks and crevices in furniture, walls, and other areas where people sleep. If you’ve ever seen one of these bed bugs crawling around on your pillowcase or sheets, you know how frustrating it can be to treat them.
The DIY Bed Bug Oven uses heat to kill bed bugs and prevent them from coming back in your home. You can use this oven at any time of day or night; it doesn’t require electricity or any special tools. It can also be used on clothing as well as furniture, so there’s no need to worry about damaging anything while using it.
While the DIY Bed Bug Oven isn’t a replacement for professional pest control services (this product is intended for personal use only), it does offer a simple solution for killing bed bugs without having to deal with chemicals or toxic sprays that may cause adverse health effects over time (such as asthma).
What Is DIY Bed Bug Oven?
A DIY bed bug oven is a device that uses heat to kill bed bugs. It’s also called a “bug zapper,” and it works by exposing the bugs to high heat, which in turn kills them.
Bed bugs are tiny insects that feed on human blood, which makes them difficult to get rid of. Bed bug infestations are common in homes across the country, so it’s important to know how to properly treat your home for bed bugs. Bed bug pesticides are available at most hardware stores, but they can be quite expensive, especially if you’re treating multiple rooms of your house at once.
The DIY bed bug oven costs around $200 and takes about 8 hours to build—so it’s not something you want to rush into building. But once built, it’s really easy to use: just place it near the areas where you suspect there are bed bugs or leave it on 24 hours a day until it has killed all the bed bugs in your home (or until you’ve finished cleaning).
Homemade Bed Bug Oven
If you are looking for an easy way to kill bed bugs, then this homemade bed bug oven is what you need. This oven can be made with very little effort and it is very easy to use. It will help you in killing all the bed bugs in your home at once.
- * A piece of cardboard
- * A box of matches (or a lighter)
- * Some dryer lint, newspaper or rags
1. Cut a piece of cardboard into a square shape which is about 6 inches wide and tall. Also cut a hole in the middle of the square so that it can stand properly on the ground. Make sure that there are no sharp edges on the sides so that it does not hurt anyone when they use it for cooking purposes later on after making this oven for killing bed bugs.
2. Place some dryer lint or newspaper inside the box, close it up tightly and set aside for later use when you want to cook food inside your homemade bed bug oven later on after making this oven for killing.
How Does Bed Bug Oven Work?
Bed bug ovens are not as complicated as they seem. They are basically a special type of heating device that can be used to kill bed bugs in your home. They have become very popular because they are easy to use and can help you get rid of bed bugs without using harsh chemicals or other methods that may harm your family or pets.
The bed bug oven uses heat to kill off the insects, which allows you to keep your home completely bug-free with minimal effort. It is important to note that bed bug ovens don’t just kill the insects; they also dehydrate them so they can’t survive outside of your mattress.
The process begins by placing the entire mattress into the device, which will then be sealed off from air circulation by placing it in a plastic bag. The temperature inside should be around 200 degrees Fahrenheit (93 degrees Celsius), which is what makes it effective at killing bed bugs quickly and effectively.
How Much Does Homemade Bed Bug Oven Cost?
It can be difficult to know how much the cost of a homemade bed bug oven will be before you start constructing it. You should always follow the instructions provided in your instructions, but we have some general guidelines for estimating how much your project will cost.
The cost of construction materials for a homemade bed bug oven is usually about $100-$300 for materials that are purchased from a lumber store or home improvement warehouse. The cost of labor varies depending on what type of work needs to be done and how skilled the worker is, but on average expect to pay about $50-$100 per hour for labor costs. This includes both material costs and labor costs.
Once you have all of your materials ready, you’ll need to decide whether or not to hire an electrician or plumber to install them into your new structure. If you choose to do this yourself, expect to pay between $15-$30 per hour for labor costs as well as $5-$10 per hour for supplies like light fixtures and wiring.
List of Bed Bug Repellent and Where to Buy
Bed bug repellent is a must for anyone who lives or plans to live in an apartment or house. Because bed bugs are so easy to get and spread, it’s important that you use a bed bug repellent that actually works. The following list includes some of the best products on the market today:
Mighty Mint – 16oz Insect and Pest Control Peppermint Oil – Natural Spray for Spiders, Ants, and More – Non Toxic
Price : $9.97
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2: With Comfort Wand, Kills Ants, Cockroaches, Spiders, Fleas & Ticks, Odor Free, 1.1 gal.
Price : $14.49 ($0.10 / Fl Oz)
- Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 with Comfort Wand kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks and other listed bugs; the formula is odor free, won’t stain, and keeps listed bugs out
- KILLS BUGS INSIDE: Kills those annoying home-invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, silverfish, centipedes and millipedes
- KEEPS BUGS OUTSIDE: Creates a bug barrier that will kill bugs you have and prevents new bugs for up to 12 months (applies to ants, roaches and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- NO STAINING OR STINK: This spray can be used indoors and out, leaves no residue, and has no odor; people and pets may re-enter treated areas after spray has dried
- WAND MAKES APPLICATION EASY: The Comfort Wand eliminates hand fatigue, and there’s no pumping required, making it easy to spray along your home’s perimeter–indoors and outside
Additional Info :
Katchy Indoor Insect Trap – Catcher & Killer for Mosquito, Gnat, Moth, Fruit Flies – Non-Zapper Traps for Buzz-Free Home – Catch Flying Insect Indoors with Suction, Bug Light & Sticky Glue (Black)
Price : $44.99
- Triple trapping power, first the UV light attracts the bug then the fan sucks it in and the sticky glue boards trap it. No Zapper
- Subtle and stylish fruit fly, gnat and mosquito killer, no more ugly traps, easily place in your home, kitchen or office as a decorative, stylish piece.
- Trap indoors, close to insect-ridden fruit, plants or trash bin, turn off lights for best results.
- Reduces bugs, but isn’t a complete insect killer solution, not a substitute for pest control services. Not for house flies.
- Easy to use, choose between standard or low speed setting and leave it to work its magic, EPA Est. Numb.:93372-CHN-1
Additional Info :
Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug, Flea and Tick Killer – With Ready-to-Use Comfort Wand, Kills Bed Bugs and Bed Bug Eggs, Bed Bug Spray Also Kills Fleas and Ticks, 1 gal.
Price : $17.49
- Use Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug, Flea & Tick Killer to kill bed bugs, bed bug eggs, fleas, and ticks
- Use spray as a spot treatment around bed frames, mattress seams/tufts/folds, and baseboards
- Kills even the toughest bed bugs (pyrethroid-resistant bed bugs)
- Second step of a 3-step bed bug solution system
- The continuous spray Comfort Wand easily gets into hard-to-reach areas
Additional Info :
Safer Brand 51703 OMRI Listed Diatomaceous Earth – Ant, Roach, Bedbug, Flea, Silverfish, Earwig, & Crawling Insect Killer
Price : $9.47 ($0.14 / Ounce)
- Say Goodbye to Bugs – Kills a variety crawling insects including roaches, ants, fleas, silverfish, earwigs, bedbugs, and more
- Attracts and Kills – Made from diatomaceous earth and selected baits, this powder causes insects to dehydrate and die within 48 hours after contact
- Mechanical Killer – Unlike many traditional chemical insecticides, insects cannot build an immunity to diatomaceous earth
- Use Where Insects Hide – DE can be used indoors or outdoors. Apply in cracks and crevices, along baseboards, or create a barrier around entry points
- Peace of Mind – This powder is OMRI Listed and compliant for use in organic gardening so you can use it without worry
Additional Info :
The DIY bed bug oven is a great option for anyone who wants to avoid the use of chemicals. It is easy to build, can be used to kill bed bugs in your home and keep them from coming back, and it’s much cheaper than hiring an exterminator.