Bed bugs are a type of insect that feeds on blood. These insects can be found in every home, business, and hotel around the world. They are often found in beds, sofas, and furniture. The bites of bed bugs are often not noticed until they are discovered by the owner of the property where they live. Bed bug bites often cause itching and inflammation in the skin.
Bed bugs have been known to be present in homes since over 200 years ago when they were brought to America from Europe by immigrants seeking better living conditions for themselves and their families. These insects were not recognized as being a serious threat until many years later when people started noticing that their homes had been infested with these pests.
The most common type of bed bug is an adult female that measures about one-quarter inch long when fully grown and has wings that cover her body when she is resting (this can happen anytime during the day or night). Adult females produce eggs at a rate of 1 or 2 per day (depending upon environmental conditions such as temperature). Each female can lay up to 500 eggs during its lifespan which may last anywhere from 6 months.
The bites of bed bugs are extremely itchy and can be quite painful. The itching is caused by the saliva from the bed bug which contains an anticoagulant that causes a large amount of blood to flow to the area where you have been bitten. This can cause redness and swelling. The bites may also become infected if they are not treated quickly enough.
What Happens if Bed Bugs Go Untreated?
If bed bugs go untreated, they can cause serious problems. They can spread to other areas of the house, and they can bring in more bugs from outside. They may also spread disease to people who have been bitten by them.
If you discover that you have bed bugs and do not take care of them, they will continue to multiply and cause more damage. If bed bugs are left untreated, they can cause serious health problems. They can spread through contact with blood, saliva, feces, or other bodily fluids and they may also transmit disease. The most common diseases that can be transmitted by bed bugs are:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Flu (influenza)
Do Bed Bugs Go Away on Their Own?
Yes, bed bugs will go away on their own. The most effective way to kill bed bugs is to get rid of their breeding source: clean and disinfect your mattress, box spring and other furniture. This will kill any eggs or larvae that have been left behind.
You should also vacuum your entire home at least twice a week in order for the bugs to die from dehydration. You can also use a steam treatment to kill bed bugs in your home; however, this method will not be effective if you have pets or children who travel with you frequently.
How Long Can Bed Bug Bites Itch?
Bites from bed bugs can itch for a few days, but usually the itching stops after around two or three days. The bites may itch for up to a week after the initial bite, but they will eventually stop itching.
Bedbug bites can itch for up to three weeks. The itch is usually worse at night, but can occur anytime of the day, although this can vary depending on how much you scratch and what your body reacts to. Itching can last up to six weeks if you don’t treat it properly by using anti-itch creams or lotions that work well with your skin type.
Can Bed Bugs Cause Constant Itching?
Yes, yes they can. Bed bugs can be annoying, but they don’t usually cause severe itching. In fact, they’re more likely to make you scratch or itch than to actually have you in pain. What causes constant itching is an allergic reaction to a substance in the bedbug saliva, called heparin. This causes your skin to produce histamine, which then causes your skin to become itchy and red. It’s not uncommon for people who are allergic to heparin to have some degree of constant itching when their body is exposed to the substance in its saliva—but it’s not the same thing as bed bug bites.
List of Bed Bug Bites Itch Treatment
Bed bug bites itch treatment can be purchased at any pharmacy or grocery store. Bed bug bites itch treatment is applied by rubbing it into the affected area and allowing it to dry.
Benadryl Extra Strength Anti-Itch Gel, 2 Percentage Diphenhydramine HCI Topical Analgesic & Histamine Blocker for Relief of Outdoor Itches Associated with Poison Ivy, Insect Bites & More, 3.5 fl. oz
Price : $4.89 ($1.40 / Fl Oz)
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
After Bite Itch Eraser (Pen) 14 ml
Price : $6.48 ($12.96 / Fl Oz)
- After Bite Original AfterBite – the original, trusted Itch Eraser for more than 30 years.
- Instant itch relief for bites from mosquitoes, fleas, ticks and other common insects.
- The proprietary mix of soothing ingredients acts fast when you need it most.
Additional Info :
Bug Bite Thing Suction Tool, Poison Remover – Bug Bites and Bee/Wasp Stings, Natural Insect Bite Relief, Chemical Free – White/Single
Price : $9.99
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
SALLYE ANDER No-Bite-Me Natural Bug & Insect Repellent & Anti Itch Cream – Safe for Kids and Infants – Repels Mosquitoes, Black Flies, Fleas, and Ticks – 2 oz
Price : $14.95 ($7.48 / Fl Oz)
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALLl. Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too. Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler. Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
Bed bug bites can be confused with those caused by fleas, spiders and mosquitoes. Some people do not experience any symptoms at all, but others may notice small red bumps that are itchy for several days. It is important to identify the source of these bites so that you know how best to prevent them from happening again in the future.