Baking soda is a chemical compound that has many applications. It’s used to make everything from laundry detergent to toothpaste, but it’s also one of the best ways to kill fleas on cats. Baking soda is a household staple that can be used in many different ways around your home. It’s commonly used in cooking and baking recipes because it’s easy to find and inexpensive. You can also use it as a scouring powder or even as an exfoliating scrub! But what happens when you mix this powder with water? Well, the answer might surprise you.
Fleas are tiny parasites that live off of the blood of cats and other animals. They can be extremely annoying, especially if your cat has them. If you’ve ever dealt with flea infestations before, then you know how difficult it can be to get rid of them. Fleas are a common problem for cats and dogs. Fleas can cause your pet to scratch, bite itself, and lose fur. Baking soda kills fleas on cats by killing the flea eggs, larvae, and adult fleas.
Using baking soda for this purpose is an effective way to eliminate these pests from your home without spending money on expensive products or visiting a vet. In fact, there are many different ways that baking soda can help you with your flea problem; however, we will focus on its use as a natural insecticide here today.
How Do You Use Baking Soda for Fleas on Cats?
Baking soda is a great natural flea killer for cats and dogs, but it’s best used in conjunction with other products. First, you’ll need to bathe your cat in warm water. This will remove any fleas that might be on her skin or fur.
Next, you’ll want to apply a flea-killing shampoo to your cat’s coat and allow it to sit for 15 minutes. Once the time has passed, rinse out the shampoo thoroughly and then towel-dry your cat’s fur.
Finally, sprinkle baking soda on top of your cat’s coat and rub it into her fur with your hands until all parts of the animal have been covered by the powder. Leave this mixture on her for at least 30 minutes before brushing off any excess powder and rinsing out all remaining flea eggs or larvae that might have been hiding in her fur during this time period (if any).
Can Baking Soda Kill Flea Eggs on Cat?
Yes, baking soda can kill flea eggs on your cat.
Baking soda is a natural flea-killing agent that you can use to get rid of fleas and their eggs. It works by drying out the skin of the flea, which kills the insect because cats are generally clean animals, they are not as likely to have fleas as dogs are. However, if your cat has been outside in areas where there are many fleas, then it is possible that your cat has picked up some fleas.
If you notice that your cat has a few fleas or if you notice that your cat has developed an allergic reaction to fleas (e.g., redness on the skin), then it is important to take action quickly so that the infestation does not get worse and spread further throughout your home.
What Natural Remedy Kills Fleas on Cats?
There are a lot of natural remedies for fleas on cats. Here are some of the most common ones:
-Cedar oil. This is a very effective way to get rid of fleas on your cat and keep them off. Simply apply it directly to their fur and let it dry, then brush it out.
-Essential oils. You can use essential oils in many different ways to help kill flea infestations in cats, including spraying the fur with them, or adding them to your cat’s bathwater.
-Neem oil. Neem oil is another option for getting rid of fleas on cats, as it is particularly effective against adult fleas as well as larvae and eggs.
Homemade Flea Killer for Cats
Fleas can be a huge problem for cats, but luckily there are natural remedies that you can make at home to help fight them. Here’s what you’ll need to make your own flea killer:
- -3 cups of water
- -1/2 cup of vinegar
- -3 tablespoons of baking soda
- -10 drops of eucalyptus oil (this can be substituted with lavender oil)
First, mix together the water and vinegar in a bowl. Then add in the baking soda and let it sit for 10 minutes. After that time is up, add in the eucalyptus oil and stir thoroughly until everything is completely mixed together. Pour this mixture over your cat’s fur so that it covers all of its body parts, including its tail and paws. Leave this mixture on your cat for at least 30 minutes before rinsing off with warm water and patting dry with a towel or paper towels.
List of Flea Repellent on Cat and Where to Buy
Flea repellents are a common way to keep fleas off cats. There are many products on the market, from sprays to powders, so it can be confusing to find one that works best for your cat. Here is a list of some of the most popular flea repellents available:
ANGRY ORANGE Pet Odor Eliminator for Strong Odor – Citrus Deodorizer for Strong Dog Urine or Cat Pee Smells on Carpet, Furniture & Indoor Outdoor Floors – 24 Fluid Ounces – Puppy Supplies
Price : $19.97 ($19.97 / Count)
- Powerful – A little goes a long way with the Angry Orange pet odor eliminator for home use. It’s a carpet deodorizer that targets strong, lingering smells at the source and destroys them.
- Citrus Scent – Derived from fresh orange peels, our carpet cleaner for pets smells like heaven and works like hell on stubborn odors.
- Ready to Use – This bottle of urine odor eliminator can be used directly on cat pee or dog waste. No mixing required.
- Convenient – For best results, remove pets from area, clean excess mess, shake well & spray, let dry completely. Do not apply product directly to your pet or use in a diffuser. Cats & Birds may be sensitive to concentrated levels of certain ingredients.
- Multipurpose – This pet carpet cleaner can also be used to eliminate odors from tile, couch upholstery, garbage cans, car interiors, and more.
Additional Info :
FRONTLINE Plus for Cats and Kittens (1.5 pounds and over) Flea and Tick Treatment, 3 Doses
Price : $38.99
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for cats and kittens: Frontline Plus for Cats provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your cat. This product is approved for use on cats and kittens 1.5 lbs and over.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for cats: Frontline Plus for Cats has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for cats and kittens 8 weeks and older.
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula is stored in the oil glands of the cat’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
Rocco & Roxie Stain & Odor Eliminator for Strong Odor – Enzyme-Powered Pet Odor Eliminator for Home – Carpet Stain Remover for Cats and Dog Pee – Enzymatic Cat Urine Destroyer – Carpet Cleaner Spray
Price : $19.97 ($0.62 / Fl Oz)
- CERTIFIED GENTLE AND SAFE Chlorine free and color safe. Safe to use around pets and children. No hazardous propellants, no residue left behind. So gentle it’s been Certified Safe for all carpets, earning the Seal of Approval by the trusted Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
- ELIMINATES STAINS, ODORS AND RESIDUE If it’s gross, it’s gone. Not just the stain, but the stink. From stinky yellow pet urine and feces to vomit and other organic spills, our professional strength formula tackles them all.
- EVERY SURFACE, EVERY TIME For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, litter boxes, kennels, carriers, all pet living and sleeping areas—anywhere stains happen.
- ENZYME ACTIVATED The key is getting to the problem deep-down. This spray contains natural enzymes that are activated on contact with odors and stains, feeding on ammonia crystals and organic matter until they are completely eliminated.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED An Amazon best seller—for a reason. If your stains and odors aren’t gone, neither is your money. We’ll refund it in full.
Additional Info :
CAPSTAR Oral Flea Treatment for Cats 2-25 lbs, Fast Acting, 6 Doses
Price : $36.99
- FAST-ACTING FLEA TREATMENT: One oral flea tablet starts killing fleas within 30 minutes.
- TACKLE FLEA INFESTATIONS FAST: Give Capstar oral flea treatment and watch dead fleas fall off your pet.
- TREAT RE-INFESTATIONS FAST: If your pet gets re-invested with fleas, simply give another dose as often as once a day.
- WITHOUT A VET PRESCRIPTION: Flea treatment without needing a veterinarian prescription, administer this cat flea tablet orally to kill adult fleas fast.
- KILL ADULT FLEAS: Capstar oral flea treatment tablets (11.4 mg) are safe for cats and kittens from 2-25 lbs., four (4) weeks and older.
Additional Info :
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Home Spray | Flea Treatment for Dogs and Home | Plant-Based Formula | 32 Ounces
Price : $9.97
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
Baking soda is a great way to kill fleas on cats. It can also be used in other areas of your home to help prevent the spread of fleas. Baking soda is safe to use on your cat and will not harm them in any way. It’s also safe for humans and children.
The best way to use baking soda is to sprinkle it all over the cat’s body and let it sit for about 15 minutes before brushing the cat off and vacuuming away any excess powder. This should be done twice a week at least until all signs of flea infestation are gone.