Bed bugs are parasites that live in human homes. They bite people, and their bites can cause irritation, itching and swelling for several days after the initial bite occurs. The itching and swelling can be intense and even last for a week or more. You may also see red and swollen areas around the bite.
If you have been bitten by a bed bug, there is a chance that you may develop an allergic reaction to these bites. This allergic reaction could result in anaphylaxis, which is a life-threatening condition where breathing becomes difficult. In this case, seek medical attention immediately.
When you are bitten by a bed bug, you may experience a severe itching sensation. The itching is typically worse at night and it can last for up to two weeks. Some people experience a rash that develops around the bite area. This rash can be red, swollen, itchy and painful.
The itching caused by bed bug bites is usually not serious. However, if you are experiencing intense itching or swelling that does not go away after several days, see your doctor for an evaluation. You should also see your doctor if you have developed a rash in addition to the bites as this could indicate an allergic reaction or infection from the bite itself rather than from being bitten by a bed bug.
Can Bed Bugs Cause Constant Itching?
Yes, bed bugs can cause constant itching. Bed bugs are tiny insects that feed on human blood, and they can be extremely difficult to get rid of. When feeding, they inject an anesthetic into their victims’ skin so that the host doesn’t feel them biting. This anesthetic wears off quickly, but it’s enough to allow them to go unnoticed for a while.
They also leave behind a chemical called histamine when they bite their hosts. This chemical causes itching and swelling around the site of the bite. As long as they’re around, you’ll likely have some degree of itching in your skin.
How Do You Know if a Bite Is a Bed Bug?
Bed bugs are a common pest, and they can be difficult to identify. Here are some ways to tell if you’ve been bitten by a bed bug.
First, look at the bite. Bed bugs usually leave small, red marks on the skin that resemble a mosquito bite but are larger. They also tend to leave two rows of bites, which happens when the bed bug is feeding on you and then moves back for more. If you see these marks, it’s likely that you were bitten by a bed bug.
Bed bugs also leave behind brownish stains on mattresses and other furniture where they live or congregate. These stains look like rust or dirt and can be seen with the naked eye or with a magnifying glass. If you notice that your mattress has small, brownish stains on it, that’s another sign that it might be infested with bed bugs.
What Can I Put On My Body to Prevent Bed Bug Bites?
The easiest way to prevent bed bug bites is to keep your sheets, pillowcases, and other bedding clean. Wash your bed linens in hot water with detergent at least once a week and dry them on high heat for at least 20 minutes. Vacuum mattresses and box springs regularly. If the infestation has already been treated, you can also put all of your clothes in the dryer on high heat for at least 20 minutes before washing them.
You should also check your belongings for signs of bed bugs before bringing them into your home. These signs include:
- Rusty or blue stains on bedding or furniture, which can be caused by bed bugs feeding on blood
- Holes in fabric that are about the size of a grain of rice
- Fecal matter or shed skins (which look like tiny brown dots)
Homemade Treatment for Bed Bug Itching
Bed bugs are a major problem that affect millions of people, and they can cause severe itching. There are plenty of over-the-counter treatments you can use to get rid of the itching and kill the bed bugs, but you can also make your own homemade treatment for bed bug itching.
Here are some ingredients you’ll need:
- -1 cup of baking soda
- -1 cup of water
- -A bathtub
You’ll also need a towel, a washcloth, and a bar of soap (any kind). First, mix all three ingredients together in a large bowl until they form a paste. Then apply this paste to your skin and let it sit for at least 20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water—and remember to use clean towels and washcloths. This homemade treatment will help reduce itching caused by bed bug bites.
List of Bed Bug Itching Treatment Where to Buy
Bed bug itching treatments are available for purchase online. You can buy them at [Amazon], [Walmart], [Target], and other stores. The best bed bug itching treatments are those that provide relief from itching quickly, have no side effects, and are easy to apply. The following are some of the best brands:
BuzzPatch Magic Patch Itch Relief Patches – 27 Patches – Chemical Free, Natural Itch Relief – Bug Bite Relief for Mosquitos, Ticks, Midges, Sandflies (1)
Price : $14.99 ($0.56 / Count)
- SAFE AND CHEMICAL FREE – Created with your kids in mind. Our grid-relief technology works mechanically not chemically to relieve itching and swelling cause by insect bites. Feel good about fighting the itch without harmful chemicals for your kids, babies and toddlers.
- INSTANT, CONVENIENT, EFFECTIVE – Simply place a Magic Patch on a bite and the itch disappears. Relief from itch within 30-60 seconds. Our Magic Patches are waterproof and can be left on for up to 7 days. Easy to apply and environmentally friendly.
- HOW IT WORKS – The grid shape technology mechanically adjusts the skin to help the lymphatic system drain the saliva injected by insects, relieving the itch response naturally and drug-free.
- KID FRIENDLY, PARENT APPROVED – Kids love the colorful patterns that are comfortable to wear and fast to apply. Parents love that they can keep their babies, toddlers, and kids itch free without the harmful chemicals.
- MULTI USE FUNCTION – Perfect for babies, toddlers, kids, and adults. Convenient, small package is perfect for on the go and travel. Easy to store in pockets, diaper bags, and first aid kits. Helps relieve itch from mosquitos, midges, sandflies, and ticks. Helps relieve pain from ant bites and bee stings.
Additional Info :
Benadryl Extra Strength Anti-Itch Gel, 2 Percentage Diphenhydramine HCI Topical Analgesic & Histamine Blocker for Relief of Outdoor Itches Associated with Poison Ivy, Insect Bites & More, 3.5 fl. oz
Price : $4.89 ($1.40 / Fl Oz)
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
Bug Bite Thing Suction Tool, Poison Remover – Bug Bites and Bee/Wasp Stings, Natural Insect Bite Relief, Chemical Free – White/Single
Price : $9.95
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
Upspring Shrinkx Belly Charcoal Postpartum Belly Wrap, Adjustable Postpartum Belly Band to Support, Slim and Smooth After Baby (Charcoal Gray, Small/Medium)
Price : $38.99
- SUPPORT AFTER BABY: Upspring Shrinkx postpartum belly wrap combines charcoal-infused fabrics with premium postpartum compression, to support weakened abdominal muscles.
- SLIMS BELLY AND WAIST: Easily adjustable to fit your changing size postnatal, Shrinkx postpartum girdle is designed with compression, which helps minimize pain, swelling and provide slimming support for your belly and waist.
- INCREASES CIRCULATION: Shrinkx post-pregnancy belly wrap contains bamboo charcoal fiber, which helps increase circulation and reduce swelling after baby.
- ADJUSTABLE COMPRESSION: Shrinkx is a fully adjustable postnatal belly band with secure triple point compression and built-in back boning for comfortable lower back support.
- CAN BE WORN AFTER C-SECTION: Shrinkx Belly Wrap can be worn daily until you no longer need abdominal support after C section or vaginal delivery, not for use during pregnancy.
Additional Info :
After Bite–The Itch Eraser Fast Relief from Insect Bites & Stings .5 fl oz (2 pack)
Price : $9.74 ($19.48 / Fl Oz)
- Pharmacist Preferred
- Easy to use, convenient to carry
- Effectively relieves itch & pain
Additional Info :
Bedbugs are hard to spot and can be a nuisance for anyone who has them in their home. When people are bitten by these pests, they often experience a rash or red bumps on the skin where the bite took place.
Some people may also experience an allergic reaction to this bite which can cause itching and irritation to become worse as time goes on. However, it is not normal for someone who has been bitten by a bedbug to feel itchy all day long. In fact, most people will only feel discomfort in the area where they were bitten until it heals completely within two weeks after being bitten.