Fleas are a nuisance to both humans and pets. They can cause allergies, and they can also spread diseases such as tapeworm. The worst part is that they multiply quickly and can infest your home in no time. You can get rid of them with the help of chemical pesticides and insecticides, but these are not very safe for humans or animals. A better option is to use natural methods such as baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice, white vinegar, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil and mint oil. However, these methods may take a long time to eliminate fleas from your house. It is an organic pesticide which kills fleas on contact and also helps prevent their reappearance for up to 3 months at a time.
One of the most effective ways to kill fleas is by using bleach. Bleach kills fleas on contact and is safe for use around your pets, as long as you don’t get it on their fur. It’s also effective against eggs and larvae, so it can be used as part of an ongoing treatment plan if necessary.
Bleach is an excellent way to kill fleas and eggs in your home. The reason that it works so well is because the bleach itself kills the fleas and eggs, but it also has a dehydrating effect. When you mix the bleach with water and mop or spray it on the areas where you think fleas might be hiding, you are killing them both directly and indirectly.
In addition to killing fleas, bleach can also help prevent future infestations by killing eggs before they hatch. Eggs that have been killed by bleach will turn white or yellow in color, whereas live eggs will remain dark brown.
How Long Does It Take for Bleach to Kill Fleas?
Bleach is a very effective way to kill fleas, but it can take anywhere from 24 hours to several days for the bleach to be effective.
The length of time it takes depends on how much bleach you’re using and how often you’re applying it. If you’re treating a large area, or if you’re applying the bleach on multiple occasions, then it will take longer for the bleach to be effective.
How Do I Use Bleach to Kill Fleas and Their Eggs?
To use bleach to kill fleas, follow these steps:
1. First, you will need to make sure that you have enough bleach for the job. Follow the instructions on your bottle of bleach to determine how much you will need.
2. Next, fill your bathtub with warm water and add the appropriate amount of bleach. The amount will depend on the size of your tub and whether or not you plan on using a carpet cleaner in addition to the bleach solution.
3. Once the tub is full of water and bleach, add any additional products such as shampoo or soap that are required by your carpet cleaner instructions (if applicable). You may also want to add some baking soda or vinegar if you’re using it as part of your cleaning method.
4. After allowing this mixture to sit overnight (or longer if necessary), scrub down any affected areas with a sponge or cloth before rinsing them clean with fresh water.
Is Bleach Harmful to Pet and Human?
Bleach is a very useful cleaning agent, but it’s not the most environmentally friendly one. In fact, it is harmful to both humans and pets.
Bleach can cause lung damage in humans and pets if they are exposed to it for too long. Even small amounts of bleach can be harmful if they come into contact with your skin or eyes.
If your pet has been exposed to bleach, you should immediately rinse their eyes with water and take them to a vet as soon as possible.
List of Fleas Killer and Where to Buy
Fleas are not just a nuisance, but they can also be dangerous to your pet. It’s important to find the best flea killer for your situation and needs. Here are some of our favorite flea killers, along with where you can buy them.
FRONTLINE Plus for Cats and Kittens (1.5 pounds and over) Flea and Tick Treatment, 3 Doses
Price : $38.99
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for cats and kittens: Frontline Plus for Cats provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your cat. This product is approved for use on cats and kittens 1.5 lbs and over.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for cats: Frontline Plus for Cats has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for cats and kittens 8 weeks and older.
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula is stored in the oil glands of the cat’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
Home Remedies To Kill Bed Bugs: The Quickest Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs
Price : $9.99
Additional Info :
Rocco & Roxie Stain & Odor Eliminator for Strong Odor – Enzyme-Powered Pet Odor Eliminator for Home – Carpet Stain Remover for Cats and Dog Pee – Enzymatic Cat Urine Destroyer – Carpet Cleaner Spray
Price : $19.97 ($0.62 / Fl Oz)
- CERTIFIED GENTLE AND SAFE Chlorine free and color safe. Safe to use around pets and children. No hazardous propellants, no residue left behind. So gentle it’s been Certified Safe for all carpets, earning the Seal of Approval by the trusted Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
- ELIMINATES STAINS, ODORS AND RESIDUE If it’s gross, it’s gone. Not just the stain, but the stink. From stinky yellow pet urine and feces to vomit and other organic spills, our professional strength formula tackles them all.
- EVERY SURFACE, EVERY TIME For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, litter boxes, kennels, carriers, all pet living and sleeping areas—anywhere stains happen.
- ENZYME ACTIVATED The key is getting to the problem deep-down. This spray contains natural enzymes that are activated on contact with odors and stains, feeding on ammonia crystals and organic matter until they are completely eliminated.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED An Amazon best seller—for a reason. If your stains and odors aren’t gone, neither is your money. We’ll refund it in full.
Additional Info :
Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Treatment for Dogs (Small Dog, 5-22 Pounds, 3 Doses)
Price : $38.99
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for dogs: Frontline Plus for Dogs provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your dog. This product is approved for use on dogs 5-22 lbs.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for dogs: Frontline has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula isstored in the oil glands of the pet’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
Katchy Indoor Insect Trap – Catcher & Killer for Mosquito, Gnat, Moth, Fruit Flies – Non-Zapper Traps for Buzz-Free Home – Catch Flying Insect Indoors with Suction, Bug Light & Sticky Glue (Black)
Price : $44.99
- Triple trapping power, first the UV light attracts the bug then the fan sucks it in and the sticky glue boards trap it. No Zapper.
- Subtle and stylish fruit fly, gnat and mosquito killer, no more ugly traps, easily place in your home, kitchen or office as a decorative, stylish piece.
- Trap indoors, close to insect-ridden fruit, plants or trash bin, turn off lights for best results.
- Not effective on house flies.
- Easy to use, choose between standard or low speed setting and leave it to work its magic, EPA Est. Numb.:93372-CHN-1
Additional Info :
The answer is yes, bleach will kill fleas and eggs. Bleach is a powerful disinfectant that can kill almost all germs, including the common dog tick and flea.
The best way to use bleach to kill fleas is to mix one cup of bleach with two cups of warm water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution on your dog’s coat and let it dry for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off. The mixture will kill any fleas or eggs on your dog’s coat and prevent them from coming back.