Fleas are a common problem for most dogs and cats. They can cause skin problems, allergies, and even infections if left untreated. The best way to treat fleas on your pet is with a topical medication that contains an insecticide. If you have been using Frontline or Advantage, then you may want to consider switching to Centragard for Dogs or Cats.
Centragard is a flea and tick prevention for dogs. It’s a spot-on product, which means it is applied to the skin of your dog. The active ingredients in Centragard are fipronil and methoprene. Fipronil is an insecticide that works as an adulticide and sterilant. Methoprene is an insect growth regulator that works as an inhibitor of chitin synthesis in insects.
Centragard also works quickly, meaning that you can get rid of fleas quickly and easily. This product is also long-lasting, so you won’t have to worry about your pet bringing more fleas into your home after treatment. Centragard can be used in combination with other flea medicines to kill adult fleas that have already bitten your pet. It also helps prevent new fleas from biting your pet by preventing egg, larvae and pupae development.
Centragard should not be used on kittens less than 8 weeks old or puppies less than 4 weeks old as they may be more sensitive to the ingredients in Centragard. Centragard is a flea and tick prevention product that can be used on dogs, cats, and puppies. It should not be used on kittens less than 12 weeks old, or on cats that are pregnant or nursing.
It is available in three different forms: tablets, chewable tablets, and topical spot-on applicators. The tablet form is the most common and easiest to administer. The chewable tablet must be chewed completely by the animal to be effective; if it is not fully chewed up and swallowed by the animal, it will not work. The topical spot-on applicators are effective for up to one month after application.
The active ingredient in Centragard is lufenuron. This chemical prevents fleas from developing resistance to it. It also prevents ticks from attaching themselves to your dog or cat’s skin long enough to feed on its blood—which would cause them to become infected with Lyme disease or other illnesses they could carry with them into your home when they bite you later on down the road. It is important to give the full dose of this medicine as directed by your veterinarian if you want to effectively treat fleas on your pet.
How Long Does It Take for Centragard to Work on Fleas?
The length of time it takes for CentraGard to work will vary depending on the level of flea infestation you are dealing with. If you have a few fleas in your home or yard, you may notice them dying within a few hours or days. If your home has a full-on flea infestation, however, it may take up to 2 weeks before they start dying off.
The best way to answer this question is to say that it depends on a number of factors. Centragard is an oral medication that prevents flea eggs from hatching, which means that it will take some time for the product to be effective on your pet’s infestation.
Fleas can produce eggs in as little as 14 days, and you will not see immediate results from this product. However, if you’re using Centragard in conjunction with another flea treatment product (like Frontline), then you may see results in less than one week.
How Effective Is Centragard on Fleas?
CENTRAGARD is an effective flea control product, and can be used on dogs and cats. It is available in a topical application form, which means it is applied to the skin of your pet. When you apply CENTRAGARD to your dog or cat, it helps control fleas by killing them on contact, blocking their ability to reproduce, and preventing them from feeding. CENTRAGARD also treats other common parasites such as ticks and lice (if present).
How Often Do You Apply Centragard for Fleas?
CENTRAGARD is a monthly treatment that kills fleas and ticks. It’s applied topically, so you don’t have to worry about ingesting any harmful chemicals or having a reaction to the product.
You should apply CENTRAGARD once a month for optimal results.
What Are the Side Effects of Centragard?
CENTRAGARD is a prescription medication used to treat and prevent the spread of genital herpes. It has been shown to reduce the severity of future outbreaks and decrease the chances of transmission by up to 50%. Common side effects include:
- Sore throat or fever
- Nausea or stomach pain
- Joint aches or body aches
- Dizziness or weakness
- Belly pain, heartburn, indigestion
How to Use Centragard at Home for Fleas
Centragard is a brand of flea treatment that you can use in your home to get rid of fleas. It’s available in both a liquid form and a spray, and you can use either one to treat your pet and the area around their bed.
To use Centragard for fleas:
1. Open the package and remove the applicator tube from inside.
2. Remove the cap from the tube.
3. Turn on an electric fan or other source of air movement in your room, and hold the tube away from yourself while applying it to your pet’s coat or skin.
4. Apply Centragard to your pet’s entire body, including their tail if they have one (but only if they don’t lick themselves).
5. Leave Centragard on your pet for at least 24 hours before allowing them back into areas where people congregate—like bedrooms.
List of Fleas Repellent and Where to Buy
Fleas are the bane of most pet owners’ existence. They’re tiny, they’re everywhere, and they’re pretty hard to get rid of. Luckily, there are plenty of flea repellants out there that will help you protect your pets from these pests. Here’s a list of some of the best ones:
Safer Brand 51703 OMRI Listed Diatomaceous Earth – Ant, Roach, Bedbug, Flea, Silverfish, Earwig, & Crawling Insect Killer
Price : $9.47 ($0.14 / Ounce)
- Say Goodbye to Bugs – Kills a variety crawling insects including roaches, ants, fleas, silverfish, earwigs, bedbugs, and more
- Attracts and Kills – Made from diatomaceous earth and selected baits, this powder causes insects to dehydrate and die within 48 hours after contact
- Mechanical Killer – Unlike many traditional chemical insecticides, insects cannot build an immunity to diatomaceous earth
- Use Where Insects Hide – DE can be used indoors or outdoors. Apply in cracks and crevices, along baseboards, or create a barrier around entry points
- Peace of Mind – This powder is OMRI Listed and compliant for use in organic gardening so you can use it without worry
Additional Info :
FRONTLINE Plus for Cats and Kittens (1.5 pounds and over) Flea and Tick Treatment, 3 Doses
Price : $38.99
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for cats and kittens: Frontline Plus for Cats provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your cat. This product is approved for use on cats and kittens 1.5 lbs and over.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for cats: Frontline Plus for Cats has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for cats and kittens 8 weeks and older.
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula is stored in the oil glands of the cat’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
Advantage II 6-Dose Large Cat Flea Prevention, Flea Prevention for Cats, Over 9 Pounds
- 6-month supply of advantage II topical large cat flea prevention
- Easy-to-apply and pre-measured flea treatment application tubes, fragrance-free and waterproof after 24 hours
- Advantage II large cat flea prevention kills fleas through contact, meaning fleas don’t have to bite your cat in order to die.Avoid contact with eyes or clothing
- Starts working within 12 hours and protects your cat for up to 30 days. Kills fleas in multiple life stages; Eggs, larvae and adults to break the flea life cycle
- Vet recommended, fragrance free and designed specifically to treat and prevent fleas on cats
Additional Info :
|Color||Blacks & Grays|
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Home Spray | Flea Treatment for Dogs and Home | Plant-Based Formula | 32 Ounces
Price : $9.97
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
Katchy Indoor Insect Trap – Catcher & Killer for Mosquito, Gnat, Moth, Fruit Flies – Non-Zapper Traps for Buzz-Free Home – Catch Flying Insect Indoors with Suction, Bug Light & Sticky Glue (Black)
Price : $44.99
- Triple trapping power, first the UV light attracts the bug then the fan sucks it in and the sticky glue boards trap it. No Zapper.
- Subtle and stylish fruit fly, gnat and mosquito killer, no more ugly traps, easily place in your home, kitchen or office as a decorative, stylish piece.
- Trap indoors, close to insect-ridden fruit, plants or trash bin, turn off lights for best results.
- Not effective on house flies.
- Easy to use, choose between standard or low speed setting and leave it to work its magic, EPA Est. Numb.:93372-CHN-1
Additional Info :
Centragard is a flea and tick preventative that kills fleas and ticks. It’s one of the most effective products on the market, and it works by killing adult fleas, eggs, and larvae. It’s important to note that it doesn’t kill all ticks, but it does work for many of them (including dog ticks).