Cinnamon is a spice that has been used for thousands of years as a food flavoring and medicinal herb. It has many health benefits, including being an antioxidant and antibacterial agent. It is also known to help with blood sugar levels and cholesterol, so it is a great addition to your diet if you are looking to maintain healthy blood sugar levels or reduce cholesterol. This article will discuss whether cinnamon can repel fleas from your home and yard, as well as some other ways that it can be used around the house to repel fleas.
Fleas are a pain, no matter where you live. They can be found on dogs, cats, and even humans. While they are not dangerous to humans, they can be a huge annoyance and cause some skin irritation. Fleas like dark places and will find their way into your home if you have pets that get outside or if there are other animals in the area (such as squirrels). Fleas are also attracted by warmth and movement so if you have an open window or door at night – this is when fleas will come inside your home looking for hosts for their eggs.
If you have a cat or dog with fleas then there’s a good chance that those fleas are going to end up biting onto your ankles or legs while walking around the house – which is why many people use cinnamon oil as an alternative form of repellent against these pesky insects.
Can Cinnamon Get Rid of Fleas?
The answer is yes. Cinnamon is a natural flea repellent, and it can be used in a number of ways to keep your pets safe and your home free of fleas.
Cinnamon has been shown to be effective at repelling fleas in multiple studies. In one study, researchers found that the oil from cinnamon bark was 100% effective at repelling fleas at all concentrations. Another study found that adding cinnamon powder to dog food reduced the number of fleas on dogs by up to 90%.
Cinnamon has also been shown to be effective against other pests like ticks and bed bugs. The oil from cinnamon bark has been shown to kill bedbugs within 24 hours when applied directly to them.
How Long Does Cinnamon Take To Kill Fleas
Cinnamon is a spice that has been used for centuries. In addition to being a very versatile ingredient in cooking and baking, it also has many medicinal properties. The most common use of cinnamon is as an antiseptic. Cinnamon also helps to reduce inflammation and pain, which can be helpful when dealing with fleas.
According to the University of Florida, cinnamon kills fleas on contact. The University of Florida also states that it will take approximately 30 minutes for your pet to completely rid itself of pesky fleas after being treated with cinnamon powder.
Is Cinnamon Safe for Pets?
The answer to the question “Is cinnamon safe for pets?” depends on the type of cinnamon you’re using. The type of cinnamon most commonly used in households is cassia cinnamon, which contains high levels of coumarin, which can cause liver damage in cats and dogs. If you have any doubts about whether or not your pet might be sensitive to this kind of cinnamon, it’s best to avoid it altogether.
However, there are other types of cinnamon that may be safe for pets when consumed in small amounts. Ceylon (or true) cinnamon has very low levels of coumarin and can be safely used by both cats and dogs without causing any harm.
How Effective Is Cinnamon in Killing Fleas?
Cinnamon has been shown to kill flea eggs, larvae, and pupae when mixed with water and sprayed on affected areas such as carpeting or furniture. The eggs are killed by suffocation because they have no air supply when they are submerged in water mixed with cinnamon oil or powder. They can also be killed by suffocation if they are buried under a layer of cinnamon powder mixed with sand or sawdust.
Cinnamon can also be used to make an insecticide spray that kills adult fleas by contact or ingestion when applied directly on them or their habitat (like carpets). This spray works best if it’s applied after vacuuming up any loose debris like dead skin flakes that may have accumulated where you find fleas most often (such as around doorways).
Homemade Cinnamon Fleas Repellent
Cinnamon fleas repellent is a simple, natural way to keep your pet safe from fleas and ticks. It’s easy to make, and you can use it on your dog or cat. You’ll need:
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (make sure it’s pure}
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Mix everything together in a spray bottle. Apply to your dog or cat’s fur and skin regularly, especially before bedtime. This keeps the fleas away for up to 24 hours.
List of Fleas Repellent and Where to Buy
Fleas are a common problem for pets, and they can make your home uncomfortable for you to live in. If you’ve seen fleas on your pet, you may be wondering how to get rid of them. Here are some options for flea control:
Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine 1500mg – Natural Joint & Healthy Inflammatory Support with 95% Standardized Curcuminoids for Potency & Absorption – Non-GMO, Gluten Free Capsules with Black Pepper.
Price : $18.79 ($0.21 / Count)
- High potency turmeric pills enhanced with bioperine: BioSchwartz turmeric formula has 1500mg of turmeric curcumin with 95% standardized curcuminoids per serving (high potency) and 10mg of bioperine (black pepper, curcumin with black pepper) aiding in enhanced absorption and bio-availability
- All natural, non-GMO, no fillers, binders or preservatives: Bioschwartz professional grade turmeric with bioperine (curcumin with bioperine) is a natural turmeric powder; turmeric powder has higher absorption compared to common turmeric teas, and this curcumin is also free of soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, GMOs, peanuts, sweeteners, shellfish and sugar
- Professionally formulated & made in the USA: Bioschwartz turmeric extract is formulated by professionals and manufactured in the USA following strict GMP guidelines; this turmeric with bioperine is 3rd-party tested to ensure the quality and purity of each batch
- Naturally potent ingredients: this turmeric curcumin supplement’s potency is enhanced with patented bioperine (10mg per serving), a type of black pepper extract shown to increase absorption and bioavailability in turmeric supplements
- Bioschwartz professional quality standards: every batch of Bioschwartz turmeric curcumin with bioperine is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency and each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients; this turmeric supplement is formulated for women and men who want to enjoy the benefits of turmeric curcumin supplements
Additional Info :
FRONTLINE Plus for Cats and Kittens (1.5 pounds and over) Flea and Tick Treatment, 3 Doses
Price : $38.99
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for cats and kittens: Frontline Plus for Cats provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your cat. This product is approved for use on cats and kittens 1.5 lbs and over.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for cats: Frontline Plus for Cats has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for cats and kittens 8 weeks and older.
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula is stored in the oil glands of the cat’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
Repel 100 Insect Repellent, Pump Spray, 4-Fluid Ounces, 10-Hour Protection
Price : $7.47 ($1.87 / Fl Oz)
- REPELS: Create a barrier against mosquitoes, including those that may transmit the Zika, West Nile, Dengue and Chikungunya viruses, ticks, gnats, biting flies, chiggers and fleas.
- FORMULATED FOR SEVERE INSECT CONDITIONS: Contains 98.11% DEET for protection in heavily infested conditions.
- PROTECTS FOR UP TO 10 HOURS: Enjoy the outdoors without the bite – provides long-lasting protection, so you don’t have to limit your adventure because of bugs.
- ALSO REPELS TICKS, GNATS, BITING FLIES, CHIGGERS & FLEAS: Create a barrier against annoying bugs that can spoil the outdoors.
- PUMP SPRAY: Perfect for outdoor travel – the compact size stores perfectly with whatever adventure gear you’re taking that day.
Additional Info :
Wondercide – Ready to Use Flea, Tick, and Mosquito Yard Spray with Natural Essential Oils – Mosquito and Insect Killer, Treatment, and Repellent – Plant-Based – Safe for Pets, Plants, Kids – 32 oz
Price : $34.99
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick preventative and a treatment, this pest-repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and protects your pets and family.
- SPRAY & PLAY. Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate.
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, dog kennels, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable, plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE WITH THE PUREST, NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is safe pest protection that’s proven to work, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal. Packaging May Vary.
Additional Info :
SALLYE ANDER No-Bite-Me Natural Bug & Insect Repellent & Anti Itch Cream – Safe for Kids and Infants – Repels Mosquitoes, Black Flies, Fleas, and Ticks – 2 oz
Price : $14.95 ($7.48 / Fl Oz)
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL. Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too. Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler. Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
After extensive research, we have found that cinnamon does repel fleas. The scent of cinnamon is strong enough to ward off these pesky creatures. We also found that a mixture of vinegar and water will also do the trick, as well as a mixture of lemon and water. However, if you are interested in other ways to repel fleas from your home, we recommend that you try using lemon juice or peppermint oil. These two methods have been proven to work well at keeping fleas away from your home.