Eucalyptus is a tree that grows in tropical regions. It is known for its strong scent, which has been used for centuries by people to keep bugs away from furniture and clothing. The insect-repelling properties of eucalyptus have also made it popular among pet owners trying to keep fleas off of their animals. However, there is some debate about how effective eucalyptus really is at repelling fleas and whether or not it can be used safely on pets.
Eucalyptus is a great choice for flea control because it is so effective, safe and easy to use. The oil of eucalyptus can be used to create a natural flea repellent that works on both humans and animals. Eucalyptus is also antiseptic and anti-fungal and can help treat any skin problems that may occur from your pets being exposed to fleas.
Fleas are small insects that live on the body of their host. They can be found on dogs, cats, and other domestic animals. While they do not pose a health threat to humans, fleas can cause severe itching in pets and transmit dangerous diseases like tapeworms and plague.
How Does Eucalyptus Kill Fleas?
There are several ways eucalyptus can kill fleas:
1) Eucalyptus oil and other essential oils have strong insecticidal properties, which means they can kill insects.
2) The strong scent of eucalyptus repels some insects like fleas from entering an area where the scent is present. This works best when combined with other methods such as vacuuming and disinfecting the area where fleas were found.
3) The strong scent of eucalyptus can also help mask other smells associated with flea infestations such as body odor or urine stains on carpets etc., so if you’re trying to get rid of your pet’s flea problem then using eucalyptus oil as part of your overall strategy will increase its effectiveness significantly.
Does Eucalyptus Kills Fleas on Pet?
Eucalyptus essential oil is a natural flea repellent that can be used on pets. It can help to keep fleas away, but it will not kill them immediately. However, it will repel them and their eggs, which can help prevent an infestation from starting in the first place.
To use eucalyptus essential oil on your pet, add a few drops to their shampoo or conditioner and wash as normal. You can also add a few drops to their bedding before they go to sleep at night, as well as adding it to their collar or harness.
When using eucalyptus essential oil on your pet, make sure not to use too much at once, as this could irritate their skin or cause other issues with their health.
Is Eucalyptus Harmful to Human
Eucalyptus is a plant that can be used for a number of different things, including medicinal purposes. While it is safe to use as an essential oil, it is not recommended that you use eucalyptus in any other form.
Eucalyptus contains chemicals called cineole and terpineol, which are toxic to humans. The toxicity can cause severe side effects when consumed in large amounts. If you have ingested enough eucalyptus oil to cause harm, seek medical attention immediately. The primary symptoms of eucalyptus poisoning include:
Homemade Eucalyptus Oil for Fleas Repellent
Eucalyptus oil is a natural flea repellent that smells great and works well on pets. It’s easy to make, and it’s gentler than some of the commercial products out there. What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup eucalyptus essential oil (you can use a few drops of the diluted version if you have a sensitive pet)
- 1/2 cup water
- A spray bottle (optional)
1. Pour the water into a glass bowl. Add the eucalyptus oil, and stir until the two ingredients are completely combined.
2. Pour the mixture into your spray bottle (if you’re using one), or just pour it directly onto your pet’s fur. Apply as often as needed—you can also reapply after bathing or swimming with your pet.
List of Fleas Repellent and Where to Buy
Fleas are the most common parasite in pets. The flea bite can cause allergic reactions in dogs and cats. The bites can also cause anemia and blood loss if not treated. Dogs, cats and rabbits are the most commonly affected by fleas. The flea bites are itchy, painful and can be a nuisance to your pet. You have to treat your pet regularly with flea repellents to avoid these problems. Here is a list of some of the best flea repellents available
Katchy Indoor Insect Trap – Catcher & Killer for Mosquito, Gnat, Moth, Fruit Flies – Non-Zapper Traps for Buzz-Free Home – Catch Flying Insect Indoors with Suction, Bug Light & Sticky Glue (Black)
Price : $44.99
- Triple trapping power, first the UV light attracts the bug then the fan sucks it in and the sticky glue boards trap it. No Zapper.
- Subtle and stylish fruit fly, gnat and mosquito killer, no more ugly traps, easily place in your home, kitchen or office as a decorative, stylish piece.
- Trap indoors, close to insect-ridden fruit, plants or trash bin, turn off lights for best results.
- Not effective on house flies.
- Easy to use, choose between standard or low speed setting and leave it to work its magic, EPA Est. Numb.:93372-CHN-1
Additional Info :
FRONTLINE Plus for Cats and Kittens (1.5 pounds and over) Flea and Tick Treatment, 3 Doses
Price : $38.99
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for cats and kittens: Frontline Plus for Cats provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your cat. This product is approved for use on cats and kittens 1.5 lbs and over.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for cats: Frontline Plus for Cats has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for cats and kittens 8 weeks and older.
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula is stored in the oil glands of the cat’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Treatment for Dogs (Small Dog, 5-22 Pounds, 3 Doses)
Price : $38.99
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for dogs: Frontline Plus for Dogs provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your dog. This product is approved for use on dogs 5-22 lbs.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for dogs: Frontline has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula isstored in the oil glands of the pet’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
Rocco & Roxie Stain & Odor Eliminator for Strong Odor – Enzyme-Powered Pet Odor Eliminator for Home – Carpet Stain Remover for Cats and Dog Pee – Enzymatic Cat Urine Destroyer – Carpet Cleaner Spray
Price : $19.97 ($0.62 / Fl Oz)
- CERTIFIED GENTLE AND SAFE Chlorine free and color safe. Safe to use around pets and children. No hazardous propellants, no residue left behind. So gentle it’s been Certified Safe for all carpets, earning the Seal of Approval by the trusted Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
- ELIMINATES STAINS, ODORS AND RESIDUE If it’s gross, it’s gone. Not just the stain, but the stink. From stinky yellow pet urine and feces to vomit and other organic spills, our professional strength formula tackles them all.
- EVERY SURFACE, EVERY TIME For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, litter boxes, kennels, carriers, all pet living and sleeping areas—anywhere stains happen.
- ENZYME ACTIVATED The key is getting to the problem deep-down. This spray contains natural enzymes that are activated on contact with odors and stains, feeding on ammonia crystals and organic matter until they are completely eliminated.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED An Amazon best seller—for a reason. If your stains and odors aren’t gone, neither is your money. We’ll refund it in full.
Additional Info :
Capstar Fast-Acting Oral Flea Treatment for Large Dogs, 6 Doses, 57 mg (26-125 lbs)
Price : $36.99
- FAST-ACTING FLEA TREATMENT: One oral flea tablet starts killing fleas within 30 minutes.
- TACKLE FLEA INFESTATIONS FAST: Give Capstar oral flea treatment and watch dead fleas fall off your pet.
- TREAT RE-INFESTATIONS FAST: If your pet gets re-invested with fleas, simply give another dose as often as once a day.
- WITHOUT A VET PRESCRIPTION: Flea treatment without needing a veterinarian prescription, administer this cat flea tablet orally to kill adult fleas fast.
- KILL ADULT FLEAS: Capstar oral flea treatment tablets (57 mg) are safe for dogs and puppies from 25.1-125 lbs., four (4) weeks and older.
Additional Info :
Eucalyptus oil is a natural bug repellent that can be used to repel fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and other biting insects. It is also effective against lice and mites. Eucalyptus oil also kills many types of germs, including those that cause acne, dandruff and athlete’s foot.
The most common way to use eucalyptus oil is by adding it to a hot bath or shower. You can also add it to your laundry or sprinkle it on carpets and furniture, but be careful not to overdo it because too much eucalyptus will make your house smell bad.
Eucalyptus works best when combined with other essential oils like citronella or lemongrass because these oils have their own insect repelling properties but do not have the same antibacterial properties as eucalyptus oil does.