Nexgard is a chewable tablet that protects your dog from fleas and ticks. It’s also safe for puppies and dogs less than 6 months old. Nexgard kills fleas within 30 minutes, and ticks within 48 hours. But does it kill sand fleas too?
Sand fleas are not the same thing as regular fleas. They’re actually tiny bugs that live in sandy areas like beaches or the desert. They feed on blood and can cause anemia in dogs if they bite often enough or for long enough—which is why you need to take precautions against them.
The active ingredient in Nexgard is afoxolaner—a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that targets and kills fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. The drug works by disrupting the insect’s nervous system and causing paralysis or death.
The answer is yes. Nexgard does kill sand fleas, but it will take some time. Sand fleas are tiny, biting insects that live in sand and soil around the world. They can be found on beaches and in other sandy areas, such as playgrounds and backyards. Sand flea bites are painful and may cause itching or swelling at the site of the bite.
Sand fleas are not known to spread disease, but they can be annoying, especially if you have a pet or child who is constantly being bitten by them. If you find yourself dealing with an infestation of sand fleas, you could try using a natural remedy such as diatomaceous earth, which is made from fossilized sea life. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always work very well because it’s hard to get all of the sand fleas so they don’t come back later on.
The best way to get rid of these pests is by using products like Nexgard, which contains ingredients called afoxolaner and fluralaner that act as insecticides in order to kill off any existing sand fleas on your pet’s fur or skin before they have a chance to bite again.
How Quickly Does NexGard Kill Sand Fleas?
NexGard kills sand fleas quickly, but this varies depending on the age of the flea. If a flea is younger than 24 hours old, it will die within 30 minutes after ingesting NexGard. If a flea is between 24 hours and 2 weeks old, it will die within 60 minutes after ingesting NexGard. If a flea is between 2 weeks and 1 month old, it will die within 120 minutes after ingesting NexGard.
Does NexGard Kill Flea Eggs?
Yes, NexGard does kill flea eggs.
Fleas are the most common cause of flea-borne diseases and can lead to skin conditions such as flea allergy dermatitis. It is important to treat flea infestations, especially in pets that spend time outdoors. Flea infestations in cats and dogs can also cause tapeworms in your pet.
NexGard kills adult fleas and prevents flea eggs from hatching, which helps prevent further infestation.
Disadvantages of NexGard on Pets and Human
Nexgard, a flea and tick treatment for dogs, has a number of disadvantages for both pets and humans.
- – It can cause vomiting, lethargy, and diarrhea.
- – It can be fatal if your pet accidentally ingests it.
- – It’s only effective against ticks, not mosquitoes or other insects. That means that you may still need to use another product to protect your pet from those pests.
– The medicine is usually applied with a topical liquid or gel that you rub onto your dog’s skin; this means that you may get some of the medicine on yourself during application (it’s possible to wash off any excess with soap and water). In some cases this has caused allergic reactions in people who apply it to their dogs—including hives and swelling of the face or lips.
Homemade Sand Fleas Repellent for Pets
Homemade sand fleas repellent for pets is a great way to keep your pet safe from the irritating little creatures. Sand fleas can be a real problem, and if you don’t want to use harsh chemicals on your pet, this is a great way to keep them away.
The ingredients are:
- 1/2 cup liquid dish soap
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
You mix all three ingredients together in a spray bottle to create the spray that you use on your pet’s fur. This will repel sand fleas and keep them from biting your dog or cat.
List of Sand Fleas Killer and Where to Buy
The best sand fleas killer can be found at your local pet store. However, if you’re having trouble finding it locally or would rather not pay for shipping, here are some other great options:
Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Additive, Sanitizing Liquid for Clothes and Linens, Eliminates Odor Causing Bacteria, Crisp Linen, 90oz
Price : $9.97 ($0.11 / Ounce)
- Tested and Proven to Kill COVID-19 Virus* (*Kills SARS-CoV-2 during pre-soak conditions in 5 minutes), EPA Reg No.777-128
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria*** detergents leave behind (**When used as directed)
- Contains 0% bleach, works even in cold water
- Works in all standard and HE washing machines
- Suitable for use on baby clothes, gym clothes, undergarments, towels, bedding, delicates
Additional Info :
Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Treatment for Dogs (Small Dog, 5-22 Pounds, 3 Doses)
Price : $33.14
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for dogs: Frontline Plus for Dogs provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your dog. This product is approved for use on dogs 5-22 lbs.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for dogs: Frontline has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula isstored in the oil glands of the pet’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
Safer Brand 51703 OMRI Listed Diatomaceous Earth – Ant, Roach, Bedbug, Flea, Silverfish, Earwig, & Crawling Insect Killer
Price : $9.47 ($0.14 / Ounce)
- Say Goodbye to Bugs – Kills a variety crawling insects including roaches, ants, fleas, silverfish, earwigs, bedbugs, and more
- Attracts and Kills – Made from diatomaceous earth and selected baits, this powder causes insects to dehydrate and die within 48 hours after contact
- Mechanical Killer – Unlike many traditional chemical insecticides, insects cannot build an immunity to diatomaceous earth
- Use Where Insects Hide – DE can be used indoors or outdoors. Apply in cracks and crevices, along baseboards, or create a barrier around entry points
- Peace of Mind – This powder is OMRI Listed and compliant for use in organic gardening so you can use it without worry
Additional Info :
FRONTLINE Plus for Cats and Kittens (1.5 pounds and over) Flea and Tick Treatment, 3 Doses
Price : $33.14
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for cats and kittens: Frontline Plus for Cats provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your cat. This product is approved for use on cats and kittens 1.5 lbs and over.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for cats: Frontline Plus for Cats has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for cats and kittens 8 weeks and older.
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula is stored in the oil glands of the cat’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
Sawyer Products SP564 Premium Insect Repellent with 20% Picaridin, Lotion, 4-Ounce
Price : $5.97
- Safe for use on the whole family, long-lasting insect and tick repellent lotion deters a wide variety of pests — up to 14 hours against mosquitoes and ticks and up to 8 hours against flies, gnats, and chiggers
- Fragrance-free topical insect repellent with 20% Picaridin — more effective at repelling biting flies than DEET; repels disease-spreading ticks (Lyme, tick-borne encephalitis) and mosquitoes (West Nile, Dengue, and Zika viruses), chiggers, and more
- Very comfortable to wear on your skin, it’s ideal for all your outdoor adventures, from camping, backpacking, hunting, and fishing to backyard BBQs, sporting events, days at the park, and more
- Non-greasy; dries quickly and won’t damage plastics or synthetic coatings — safe for use on clothing, backpacks, watches, sunglasses, fishing line, firearm finishes, and more
- Top rated bug repellent by WireCutter/New York Times (May, 2020); maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Permethrin tick and insect repellent spray for clothing and gear
Additional Info :
Nexgard is an effective flea and tick preventative that can be used on dogs of all ages. This product is highly recommended for households with multiple pets, as it kills fleas and ticks for up to one month. It also comes in a chewable form, which makes it suitable for puppies and small dogs. The only major downside of this product is that it does not kill sand fleas, which are a common pest found in many parts of the world.