Fleas are tiny, parasitic insects that feed on the blood of mammals and birds. They can transmit diseases to your pet through their bites. You should take care of the fleas in your home with a flea treatment, which will kill them before they have a chance to bite your pet.
However, if you bring your pet into a store like Petco, you may be concerned about whether or not they have fleas. If you’re worried about this possibility, then it’s important to know whether or not Petco removes fleas from animals that visit their stores.
Fleas are a problem that many pet owners have to deal with, and they can be difficult to get rid of. The good news is that there are plenty of options available to help you get rid of fleas in your home and on your pet.
If you’re looking for a way to get rid of fleas at home, Petco has some great products that can help you. We have everything from flea shampoo to flea bombs—all designed to kill these pesky insects.
Petco also offers a variety of treatments for your cat or dog that will keep them safe from these nasty pests. You can choose from different types of sprays and powders as well as topical solutions that will kill the fleas quickly and easily without harming your pet.
What Does Petco Offer?
Petco is a chain of pet stores that offers a wide variety of pet supplies and services. The company was founded in 1955, but it has grown to more than 1,000 locations across the United States and Canada.
The company’s products include food, treats, toys, litter, bedding, collars and leashes, grooming tools and supplies, aquariums and fish tanks, cages and carriers for small animals like rabbits or birds, pet beds and furniture, training aids like clickers or treat dispensers (also called “clicker training”), flea treatment products such as collars or topical solutions for dogs and cats; prescription medications for dogs like heartworm preventatives (for dogs only), or antibiotics for dogs if they get into something poisonous; heartworm preventatives for cats (they don’t need to be put on a pill); prescription medication for cats like antibiotics when they get into something poisonous; flea treatment products such as topical sprays or shampoos; etc.
They also offer services such as grooming at many locations across the country; pet health insurance; pet boarding at select locations across the country; animal adoptions at select locations across the nation.
Can Pets Contact Fleas From Petco?
Pets can contract fleas from Petco, but not as easily as they might from other places. While it’s true that Petco has a few flea-infested animals in their stores, the company is very aggressive about keeping the business clean and pest-free.
Petco’s store managers are trained to watch out for signs of fleas on pets, especially those who come in with their owners. If any are found, they immediately treat them with a special shampoo designed to kill off any existing fleas and prevent new ones from entering the store. They also have a special vacuum that sucks up any flea eggs or larvae left behind after treatment so they don’t spread throughout the store.
Is Petco Effective in Removing Fleas
Petco is effective in removing fleas, but it’s not the only option. There are two main ways to clear fleas from your pet: you can use a topical treatment that’s applied directly to the skin, or you can use a flea collar.
The latter method is more effective than the former because it keeps all of the flea-killing ingredients directly on your pet’s neck, where they’re most needed. In fact, many vets recommend using a flea collar as part of a regimen to keep fleas at bay.
However, there are some downsides to using a collar. First of all, if your pet likes to swim or bathe often—which most cats do—then it might not be an ideal choice for them. Also, because these collars don’t contain any insecticides themselves, they don’t actually kill any fleas that are already on your pet’s body when they’re initially applied; instead they just prevent new ones from attaching and laying eggs.
List of Fleas Repellent and Where to Buy
There are many options for flea repellent. Whether you’re looking for a natural, chemical-free option or something more traditional, you can find what you need at any of these places:
Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Treatment for Dogs (Small Dog, 5-22 Pounds, 3 Doses)
Price : $33.14
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for dogs: Frontline Plus for Dogs provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your dog. This product is approved for use on dogs 5-22 lbs.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for dogs: Frontline has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula isstored in the oil glands of the pet’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Home Spray | Flea Treatment for Dogs and Home | Plant-Based Formula | 32 Ounces
Price : $9.97
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
Probiotics 60 Billion CFU – Probiotics for Women, Probiotics for Men and Adults, Natural, Shelf Stable Probiotic Supplement with Organic Prebiotic, Acidophilus Probiotic
Price : $19.97 ($0.67 / Count)
- 60 Billion Cfus Max Strength: Our probiotic actually contains 60 Billion Cfus per serving. Other brands claim it, but beware of deception. Some products say “equivalent to” or do not state an amount of Cfus. We saw a need for high-quality supplements that actually work and stand by their claims. Our most popular probiotic brings you exactly what’s on the label with 10 probiotic strains, 60 Billion Cfu, and an organic prebiotic blend.
- Probiotics and Organic Prebiotics: Our probiotics are made with prebiotics and probiotics based on clinical research. A complete probiotic supplement for ultimate digestive health. Made with 10 probiotic strains & Non-Gmo ingredients. Shelf-stable vegan probiotics with No: unnecessary binders, soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, shellfish or preservatives.
- Naturally Inspired Probiotic Supplement: Contains 10 strains plus a Patented Shelf-Stable bottle which ensures product stability. Our probiotic daily blend plus organic prebiotic fiber blend naturally helps to support the stomach’s digestive environment and supports the natural stomach balance. Great for gut health, and occasional gas relief, bloating relief, constipation, digestive health and intestinal health.
- Probiotics for Adults: Our prebiotics and probiotics are effective and intended for use by adults. Acidophilus probiotic with prebiotic including 10 strains: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus plantarum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium breve, Lactobacillus bulgaricus.
- Safety Assured Standard of Quality: Our 60 Billion Probiotic is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency. Each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients. Our probiotics are made for women and men. They contain 60 Billion Cfus at the time of manufacturing, more than the usual 50 Billion Cfu, plus our standard organic prebiotic blend.
Additional Info :
Purina FortiFlora Probiotics for Dogs, Pro Plan Veterinary Supplements Powder Probiotic Dog Supplement – 30 ct. box
Price : $30.99
- One (1) 30-Count Box – Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Probiotics Dog Supplement, Fortiflora Canine Nutritional Supplement
- Probiotic recommended by veterinarians (Kynetec, Probiotic Recommendation Study, March 2019)
- A Probiotic supplement for the dietary management of puppies and adult dogs with diarrhea
- Contains a probiotic to promote normal intestinal microflora. Helps reduce flatulence
- Proprietary microencapsulation process for enhanced stability
Additional Info :
PetLab Co. Probiotics for Dogs – Support Gut Health, Itchy Skin, Seasonal Allergies, and Yeast with Each Tasty Chew – Dog Probiotics – Safe for Small, Medium and Large Dogs – Packaging May Vary
Price : $35.95
- ONE CHEW, MANY BENEFITS – With this single dog probiotic you can deliver digestive support, promote healthy yeast production and encourage a normal immune response. Unlock a new world of happiness and comfort for your dog
- WORLD-CLASS INGREDIENTS – Our pet probiotic supplement contains a base of Inulin (prebiotic for dogs), Honey, and Pumpkin. Plus 8 strains of beneficial bacteria that aid digestion, optimize skin health, and support coat comfort
- EASY-TO-USE – Young puppy or a senior dog? Supporting their gut health shouldn’t be difficult. Our canine Chews are easy to use and easily absorbed, and thanks to their mouth-watering pork flavor, they are easy to give to even the fussiest of pups
- PREMIUM AMERICAN PRODUCT – No expense is spared during our manufacturing process. Our dog health supplies are exclusively manufactured in the USA in FDA-registered facilities utilizing safe, effective ingredients
- INVEST IN YOUR DOG’S HEALTH – Want to help your dog’s occasional itchy skin, paw licking, head shaking or loose stools? Subscribe and save today to join over 1 million dogs and pet parents thriving as part of the PetLab Co. family
It is important to note that while Petco’s products are great for flea control, they are not the only thing you need to do to get rid of fleas on your pet.
In addition to treating your pet with a flea shampoo or treatment, you will also want to vacuum regularly and clean up after your pet. This can help prevent new fleas from finding their way into your home. If you’re still having problems with fleas, consider using an insect-repelling spray or natural oil spray around the perimeter of your home. While these treatments may be less convenient than using a product from a store like Petco, they will help keep the problem under control so you don’t have to worry about it as much.