Bed bug bites can be very itchy and are best treated at home. Home remedies for bed bug bites include the application of toothpaste, baby powder and ice. These home remedies are inexpensive and easy to implement. Many people use these home remedies together to get relief from the symptoms of bed bugs. Bed bugs are more than inconvenient. They can cause real health problems and make sleeping in your own bed into a nightmare. No wonder you’re searching for a way to get rid of bed bug bites; hopefully it’s sooner rather than later. Following a bed bug infestation, it is crucial to do whatever you can to get rid of bed bug bites. Oftentimes, scratching at bed bug bites can exacerbate the itching and cause secondary infections. If you have bed bugs, then you need products such as a strong insecticide or a natural extract like cedar oil or vinegar to get rid of the little bloodsuckers before they multiply out of control. However, there are also home remedies that can help stop the itching and reduce the redness caused by bed bug bites.
Home Remedies For Itching Bed Bug Bites
If you have bedbugs and are dealing with the itchiness that comes from bites, an ice pack can help.
To relieve the itching, use a cold compress (ice pack) on the affected area for up to 20 minutes. Wrap the ice pack in a clean cloth or towel before placing it on your skin. You may also want to apply lotion after using an ice pack.
Lemon Juice and Baking Soda
Lemon juice and baking soda can help to ease the itch. The acids in lemon juice will kill the bed bugs and their eggs, while the baking soda may help soothe your skin.
To use this remedy:
- Mix equal parts lemon juice and baking soda together until they form a paste (you can also use toothpaste if you don’t have any baking soda).
- Apply to bites with a cotton ball or pad, scrubbing lightly with circular motions to increase circulation. Do not apply too much pressure, as this may irritate your skin more than it helps!
- Leave on for several minutes before washing off with cool water, then pat dry with a clean towel or washcloth.
Apple cider vinegar
If you’re itching because of a bed bug bite, apple cider vinegar might be able to help.
Apple cider vinegar is an inexpensive home remedy that can help relieve the itching and swelling caused by bed bug bites. To use this method, apply a small amount of apple cider vinegar to the affected area using a cotton swab or soft cloth. Repeat this every few hours for best results.
The acidity in the vinegar helps to relieve itching, while also reducing swelling in some cases if applied frequently enough.
If you’re experiencing a lot of itching, lavender oil may help to soothe those sensations. There are two ways you can use it:
- Mix a few drops of lavender with coconut oil or olive oil and apply directly to the bite. This will give you relief as soon as possible, but keep in mind that this will only be temporary unless you reapply every few hours.
- Add a couple of drops to your bathwater before soaking in it for 10 minutes (or longer). This is a great option if you have access to running water (like at home), since it lets you use an all-natural remedy for bites on the go! Plus, since baths tend to relax us anyway…they might even help us sleep better tonight too!
Home remedies for itchy bed bug bites
- Apply lemon juice and baking soda to the bites.
- Apply ice pack to the bites.
- Apply apple cider vinegar to the bites.
- Apply lavender oil to the bites.
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Boost the immune system – Zesty Paws Aller-Immune Bites are grain free soft chews that support immune, histamine, and digestive health for dogs with skin, seasonal, and environmental allergy issues.
- Enhanced with Epicor – At 80 mg per chew, Epicor contains vitamins, protein, fiber, and antioxidants that are clinically proven to support the body’s natural immune defenses to keep your dog healthy.
- Prebiotic & Probiotic Complex – These supplements feature a powerful Prebiotic and five strains of Probiotics for 250 million cfu of healthy bacteria that supports pet digestion and immune health.
- Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil – Each chew contains Salmon Fish Oil to provide Omega 3 fatty acids epa & dha that provide skin and immune support for dogs with allergies that cause itching and hot spots.
- Natural Ingredients – These chewables contain Colostrum, a pre milk that helps with allergies, immune function, and digestion, plus Apple Cider Vinegar and Organic Licorice Root for additional care.
Additional Info :
- 5% TOPICAL LIDOCAINE CREAM MAXIMUM STRENGTH – This numbing gel cream temporarily relieves pain, itching, soreness, burning, reduces swelling, and protects irritated skin
- FAST-ACTING & LONG-LASTING – This lidocaine gel cream begins numbing in 3-5 minutes; peaks after 20-25 minutes; lasts for 1 hour from its peak. Enhanced with Liposomal Technology
- EXTRA SOOTHING & HYDRATING FEATURES – Infused with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, this topical anesthetic numb cream soothes and protects the skin from irritations. Best for minor cuts, minor scrapes, minor burns, insect bites, anorectal disorders
- ODOR-FREE, OIL-FREE & NON-GREASY – Doctor recommended. Water-based skin numbing cream for easy application and no-mess removal
- MADE IN USA – Secured with Child-Resistant Cap, never tested on animals – Cruelty-Free, cGMP Certified, Hypoallergenic, no harsh chemicals, non-addictive. A performance test prior to treatment is highly recommended to assess your best performance timing
Additional Info :
- 2 pack
- 4 oz. tube
- temporarily relieves discomfort and itching. Provides a multiple purpose moisture barrier.
Additional Info :
- FINALLY, SAFE & EFFECTIVE NATURAL SUPPORT FOR VAGINAL DISCOMFORT! Our feminine Boric suppositories capsules support vaginal health by balancing your pH level. It’s time you take care of your wellbeing, once and for all!
- FEEL REFRESHED! These tablets are made with the best ingredients and are also considered the best feminine wash, hygiene odor-reducing, and pH balancing!
- RELIEF THAT PROMOTES A HEALTHY pH BALANCE! Simply insert 1 Suppository capsule per day into the vagina using an applicator or your finger before bedtime for 7 consecutive days.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE! When it comes to women’s health and well-being, we don’t take any chances. We confidently back our tested and approved Boric acid suppository with a hassle-free.
- LEGAL DISCLAIMER – These statements have NOT been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Additional Info :