If you’re looking for natural remedies to stop itch from bed bug bites, look no further. In this article, you’ll find all of the top home remedies that you can use to reduce itch. If you’ve been bitten by bed bugs then you already know how itchy they can get. But did you know that there are ways to reduce the itch? Bed bug bites are called hyperesthesia which is a fancy way of saying over-sensitivity to stimulation. In simple terms, that means your nerve cells react really badly to stimuli causing your skin to itch, burn and turn scarlet. If taken care of quickly, there is no long-term impact so hopefully this article will help you to stop itching from bed bug bites. What are some home remedies for itchy bed bug bites? What can you use on bed bug bites to stop the itch? Here’s a list of effective home remedies to relieve the itch and get rid of the itch.
Home Remedies For Itchy Bed Bug Bites
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel is an excellent remedy for itchy bed bug bites. Aloe vera is a natural anti-inflammatory and can be used as a topical treatment to soothe the affected area.
Aloe vera gel works by reducing swelling and redness, which helps to relieve itching. It also contains antibacterial properties that may help prevent infection from developing if you have been bitten by bed bugs. If you are concerned about this happening, apply some aloe vera gel after being bitten to reduce your chances of getting an infection.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an acidic liquid that helps to relieve the pain and itchiness caused by bedbug bites. The acid in apple cider vinegar will soothe your skin, helping to prevent infection as well.
However, if you use too much apple cider vinegar on your skin it can burn and damage it! Be sure to dilute apple cider vinegar with water before applying it to your skin because pure undiluted apple cider vinegar can cause chemical burns when applied directly to the skin.
Additionally, if the bite is red and swollen then you may want to hold off using this remedy until it heals a bit more—over time or after a few days of applying diluted ACV (1/2 cup ACV mixed with 2 cups water) regularly every 4 hours or so throughout the day until symptoms have subsided completely may be helpful here as well).
Baking soda is a great home remedy for itchy bed bug bites. It can help soothe the skin and reduce inflammation, which will make it easier to sleep at night.
To use baking soda:
- Wash the affected area with soap and water before applying baking soda. Do not use any other topical products on the area, as these may dilute or interfere with the effectiveness of your natural repellent.
- Apply a small amount of baking soda to your bite(es), using either your fingers or cotton balls (which are also effective for applying lotions). You should not apply excessive amounts of baking soda- only enough to lightly cover each bite mark will suffice!
- Leave on for 15-30 minutes before washing off with warm water and soap
Ice packs are a great way to remedy the itching sensation, and can be used by placing a clean cloth between the skin and ice pack. Repeat as needed, but avoid using ice directly on skin to avoid frostbite.
If you don’t have witch hazel in your home, consider adding it. Witch hazel can help to reduce inflammation and itching. To use it on a bed bug bite, add witch hazel to a cotton ball and apply it directly to the area where you were bitten. You can also add the witch hazel to a spray bottle and spray directly on the bite itself for faster relief from itching.
Witch hazel is used for many other things as well:
- Reducing scarring
- Wound healing (including burns)
Itchy bites are no fun, but some home remedies can help.
If you’ve been bitten by a bed bug, you may be feeling itchy or notice some red bumps and welts. Doctors are not sure how exactly bed bugs transmit disease, but the most common theory is that they inject saliva into people when they bite. This saliva contains proteins that cause allergic reactions in some people, resulting in itchy bites. The good news is that home remedies for bed bug bites can help relieve the itching and swelling associated to these bites without having to call up your doctor every time you get bit!
While we still don’t fully understand why some people develop a serious reaction to bed bug bites while others do not—and there isn’t an easy way for doctors to tell if someone has been infected by such parasites —there are several ways (listed below) that you can help curb the symptoms of being bitten:
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Boost the immune system – Zesty Paws Aller-Immune Bites are grain free soft chews that support immune, histamine, and digestive health for dogs with skin, seasonal, and environmental allergy issues.
- Enhanced with Epicor – At 80 mg per chew, Epicor contains vitamins, protein, fiber, and antioxidants that are clinically proven to support the body’s natural immune defenses to keep your dog healthy.
- Prebiotic & Probiotic Complex – These supplements feature a powerful Prebiotic and five strains of Probiotics for 250 million cfu of healthy bacteria that supports pet digestion and immune health.
- Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil – Each chew contains Salmon Fish Oil to provide Omega 3 fatty acids epa & dha that provide skin and immune support for dogs with allergies that cause itching and hot spots.
- Natural Ingredients – These chewables contain Colostrum, a pre milk that helps with allergies, immune function, and digestion, plus Apple Cider Vinegar and Organic Licorice Root for additional care.
Additional Info :
- 5% TOPICAL LIDOCAINE CREAM MAXIMUM STRENGTH – This numbing gel cream temporarily relieves pain, itching, soreness, burning, reduces swelling, and protects irritated skin
- FAST-ACTING & LONG-LASTING – This lidocaine gel cream begins numbing in 3-5 minutes; peaks after 20-25 minutes; lasts for 1 hour from its peak. Enhanced with Liposomal Technology
- EXTRA SOOTHING & HYDRATING FEATURES – Infused with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, this topical anesthetic numb cream soothes and protects the skin from irritations. Best for minor cuts, minor scrapes, minor burns, insect bites, anorectal disorders
- ODOR-FREE, OIL-FREE & NON-GREASY – Doctor recommended. Water-based skin numbing cream for easy application and no-mess removal
- MADE IN USA – Secured with Child-Resistant Cap, never tested on animals – Cruelty-Free, cGMP Certified, Hypoallergenic, no harsh chemicals, non-addictive. A performance test prior to treatment is highly recommended to assess your best performance timing
Additional Info :
- 2 pack
- 4 oz. tube
- temporarily relieves discomfort and itching. Provides a multiple purpose moisture barrier.
Additional Info :
- FINALLY, SAFE & EFFECTIVE NATURAL SUPPORT FOR VAGINAL DISCOMFORT! Our feminine Boric suppositories capsules support vaginal health by balancing your pH level. It’s time you take care of your wellbeing, once and for all!
- FEEL REFRESHED! These tablets are made with the best ingredients and are also considered the best feminine wash, hygiene odor-reducing, and pH balancing!
- RELIEF THAT PROMOTES A HEALTHY pH BALANCE! Simply insert 1 Suppository capsule per day into the vagina using an applicator or your finger before bedtime for 7 consecutive days.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE! When it comes to women’s health and well-being, we don’t take any chances. We confidently back our tested and approved Boric acid suppository with a hassle-free.
- LEGAL DISCLAIMER – These statements have NOT been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Additional Info :