Over the last decade, dog owners have seen a steady increase in the use of flea control products. This growth is due to the increased popularity of dogs as pets and the growing concern of dog bites among humans. Unfortunately, these licensed products can be very pricey and so the use of alternative means is increasing by large margins. The most common alternative or home remedy for fleas on dogs seems to be baking soda, but what else can you do with baking soda besides making cookies? Getting rid of fleas on dogs has never been easier! There are a variety of remedies to get rid of fleas on dogs and I will tell you how to use each of them, and how effective they are. Fleas. They are a nightmare for any pet owner out there to say the least. We are sharing home remedies that have been tested and proven to work time and time again.
Home Remedies For Keeping Fleas Off Dogs
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a popular home remedy for fleas and ticks. This inexpensive liquid can be used as a rinse or spray, but it’s most effective when applied directly to the skin.
Do not get apple cider vinegar in your dog’s eyes—it can cause irritation and burning.
Salt is another natural flea killer that you can use to kill and repel fleas. The salt absorbs the moisture in the air around your dog, which dries out their skin and leaves them vulnerable to dehydration. However, it’s important not to use too much salt on your dog because it can cause irritation or even burns if you put too much directly on them.
To prevent fleas from infesting your home, sprinkle a thin layer of rock salt all over carpets before vacuuming them thoroughly (at least once a week).
Rosemary is a natural flea repellent for dogs. With its strong aroma, this herb will keep fleas away from your dog. To make a rosemary rinse, add a handful of rosemary to boiling water, remove from heat and let cool. When the mixture has cooled, strain and pour into a spray bottle. Spray all over your dog’s coat once per week as needed to control fleas in between baths or when you see signs that they are present on your pet such as scratching or biting at themselves due to irritation caused by them biting their skin while trying to get away from them
Lemon juice is a natural repellent. It helps to make the dog’s skin taste bad for fleas, thus discouraging them from biting your furry friend. Also, lemon juice can also help to heal flea bites.
Garlic is a great natural flea repellent. It’s also very effective in combination with apple cider vinegar, which we’ll talk about later. Garlic comes in fresh and powdered forms—you may have tried it yourself at home as an anti-inflammatory remedy. If you’re concerned about toxicity, don’t be: while garlic has been shown to have some mild side effects when ingested in large quantities (like stomach upset), its medicinal properties make it worth including in your dog’s diet when used appropriately.
You should keep your dog away from areas where they might chew on the garlic clove itself or get it into their eyes—there are safer ways to use this natural remedy!
These household items can be used to repel fleas naturally.
If your dog has fleas, the best way to get rid of them is with natural remedies. These include:
- Using a flea comb. This is a handy tool that helps you get rid of fleas on your dog and in their environment. You can also use it to prevent future infestations by removing eggs from your carpet or couch, as well as adult fleas off of your pet’s coat.
- Using essential oils (eucalyptus oil; lavender oil; lemon balm) for dogs at full strength or diluted in water or vinegar spray on the coat after bathing the dog will repel these pests naturally.
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
Additional Info :
- High potency turmeric pills enhanced with bioperine: BioSchwartz turmeric formula has 1500mg of turmeric curcumin with 95% standardized curcuminoids per serving (high potency) and 10mg of bioperine (black pepper, curcumin with black pepper) aiding in enhanced absorption and bio-availability
- All natural, non-GMO, no fillers, binders or preservatives: Bioschwartz professional grade turmeric with bioperine (curcumin with bioperine) is a natural turmeric powder; turmeric powder has higher absorption compared to common turmeric teas, and this curcumin is also free of soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, GMOs, peanuts, sweeteners, shellfish and sugar
- Professionally formulated & made in the USA: Bioschwartz turmeric extract is formulated by professionals and manufactured in the USA following strict GMP guidelines; this turmeric with bioperine is 3rd-party tested to ensure the quality and purity of each batch
- Naturally potent ingredients: this turmeric curcumin supplement’s potency is enhanced with patented bioperine (10mg per serving), a type of black pepper extract shown to increase absorption and bioavailability in turmeric supplements
- Bioschwartz professional quality standards: every batch of Bioschwartz turmeric curcumin with bioperine is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency and each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients; this turmeric supplement is formulated for women and men who want to enjoy the benefits of turmeric curcumin supplements
Additional Info :
- FAST-ACTING FLEA TREATMENT: One oral flea tablet starts killing fleas within 30 minutes.
- TACKLE FLEA INFESTATIONS FAST: Give Capstar oral flea treatment and watch dead fleas fall off your pet.
- TREAT RE-INFESTATIONS FAST: If your pet gets re-invested with fleas, simply give another dose as often as once a day.
- WITHOUT A VET PRESCRIPTION: Flea treatment without needing a veterinarian prescription, administer this cat flea tablet orally to kill adult fleas fast.
- KILL ADULT FLEAS: Capstar oral flea treatment tablets (11.4 mg) are safe for dogs and puppies from 2-25 lbs., four (4) weeks and older.
Additional Info :
- Boost the immune system – Zesty Paws Aller-Immune Bites are grain free soft chews that support immune, histamine, and digestive health for dogs with skin, seasonal, and environmental allergy issues.
- Enhanced with Epicor – At 80 mg per chew, Epicor contains vitamins, protein, fiber, and antioxidants that are clinically proven to support the body’s natural immune defenses to keep your dog healthy.
- Prebiotic & Probiotic Complex – These supplements feature a powerful Prebiotic and five strains of Probiotics for 250 million cfu of healthy bacteria that supports pet digestion and immune health.
- Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil – Each chew contains Salmon Fish Oil to provide Omega 3 fatty acids epa & dha that provide skin and immune support for dogs with allergies that cause itching and hot spots.
- Natural Ingredients – These chewables contain Colostrum, a pre milk that helps with allergies, immune function, and digestion, plus Apple Cider Vinegar and Organic Licorice Root for additional care.
Additional Info :