Thanks for stopping by and checking my blog out. There is an article about Home Remedies for Killing Fleas On Cats that I hope you will enjoy. Thanks again! Here’s a little bit more about the post: This article describes home remedies for killing fleas on cats and dogs. Most of the following home remedies are cheap and easy to use. There are some natural home remedy which can be prepared at home by using items found in your kitchen. However, I would recommend you to use only safe and proven home remedies for killing fleas on cats without consulting your vet first. Fleas can be a real pain for your feline friend. If you’ve ever had fleas or know someone who has, you know what an annoying experience it can be. Before laying out the cash to buy expensive treatments, see if these home remedies for killing fleas on cats work for you.
Home Remedies For Killing Fleas On Cats
Baking Soda and Salt
Baking soda and salt can also be effective for killing fleas on cats. The baking soda will help dry out the skin, making it difficult for the fleas to survive, while the salt will act as an abrasive against their exoskeletons.
Mix one part baking soda with three parts salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture onto your cat’s coat and brush it through so that all of its fur gets coated with it. Leave this mixture on your cat for at least 15 minutes before rinsing it off thoroughly with warm water. Do not use shampoo!
This remedy must be repeated once per week as long as you continue to see signs of fleas on your pet cat or dogs
Lemon Bath and Vinegar
- Lemon Bath.
- Vinegar and Salt Spray.
- Eucalyptus Leaves.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a natural flea repellent and can be used to treat fleas on cats. This home remedy is inexpensive and easy to apply, but it will take some time for you to see results.
- Brush your cat’s coat thoroughly before applying the apple cider vinegar so that it has better access to the skin.
- Apply one part water and two parts apple cider vinegar directly onto your cat’s coat with a spray bottle or sponge, making sure you get down into their fur as well as possible. Use caution when doing this step as some cats may not like getting wet or having something sprayed on their fur! Make sure they are ready for the experience before proceeding further; if they do not want anything sprayed on them then try finding another way (such as using a brush instead). If you’re unsure about whether or not your pet will tolerate getting wet then test out whatever method you plan on using beforehand by spraying them lightly with water from another source such as a sink faucet – if this goes well then proceed by applying AVC as described above.”
To kill fleas with a comb, you will need:
- A fine-toothed comb. A flea comb with the teeth spaced 1/2 inch apart or closer is best. You can find these in pet stores or online. Combs with wide gaps between the teeth are not effective for removing fleas from a cat’s fur because they do not trap them well enough.
- A bucket of warm water and soap (optional). If your cat has been treated with medicated shampoo, use this step to remove any residue left behind on its coat – especially if it has long hair that makes it difficult to see tiny insects crawling across its backside! Otherwise skip this step unless your pet is excessively dirty.
Eucalyptus leaves are another natural flea repellent. You can put them in a bowl of water, and let the cat bathe in it regularly. If you’re worried about your cat not liking the smell of eucalyptus, you can let them play with an eucalyptus ball or rub some on their neck before bedtime.
Eucalyptus oil has also been used to kill fleas because it has strong anti-parasitic properties and is toxic to insects.
There are home remedies that can be used to help control fleas on your cat
There are many home remedies that can be used to help control fleas on your cat. Baking soda and salt are natural flea killers, as they dehydrate the insects. A simple lemon bath can also be effective in killing off unwanted critters. Vinegar can also be used to kill fleas, as it prevents them from being able to digest their food properly and eventually kills them off entirely. Apple cider vinegar can have similar effects when mixed with water and applied to a cat’s fur for about ten minutes; this treatment may need repeating every other day for several days in order for it to work effectively, however.
For those who want something more powerful than vinegar but still don’t want to resort to chemicals or pesticides (which should never be used on animals), there is another option: using a flea comb! This tool helps get rid of any dead fleas on your pet’s body before they become reinfested through contact with other pests on the outside world – so you might find yourself needing fewer applications over time if this method works well enough for your needs!
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact, repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. A safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewables, and drops that’s powered by nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, CATS OF ALL AGES. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets as often as needed, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family. Kid-safe. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home! A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Lemongrass scent freshens homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the best advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty free, biodegradable, and Made in the U.S.A.
Additional Info :
- A WORKING SOLUTION – Natural Care Flea & Tick Home Spray works with you to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. And it repels mosquitoes. Just apply it wherever the pests are found, inside and out.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – The formula uses the natural power of plant extracts, like peppermint oil and clove extract, to get the job done.
- NO STAINS – It’s safe to use on pet bedding, pillows, blankets, carpets, rugs, dras, upholstery, countertops, and so much more. And you don’t have to worry about it leaving a stain.
- SAFE TO USE – You can use it on your dogs and cats, 12 weeks and older, as directed. Since it’s a plant-based formula, it’s safe to use around the whole family.
- QUALITY – The bottle is packaged in such a way that it won’t leak when it’s shipped to you.
Additional Info :
- LONG LASTING CONTROL: PetArmor Home & Carpet Spray kills all stages of fleas and protects against reinfestation for up to 7 months. Kills fleas, dust mites and lice.
- PET ODOR: PetArmor Flea and Tick Home and Carpet Spray freshens and deodorizes carpets, has a clean fresh scent, and is available in a 16 oz. ounce size.
- EFFECTIVE AGAINST PESTS: PetArmor Home Powder kills brown dog ticks, fleas, and flea eggs, flea larvae, and flea pupae.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME: Find fleas or ticks on your pet? They are probably in your home. Fleas lay up to 50 eggs a day. PetArmor Home Carpet Power helps you in the fight against fleas and ticks.
- PETS ARE FAMILY: PetArmor flea and tick home products help you confidently protect your furry family member from fleas and ticks at home without a visit to the vet.
Additional Info :
- ELIMINATES ODORS: Use directly on cat pee or dog poop. The pet urine odor eliminator for your home defeats some of the worst odors and leaves the sweet smell of fresh oranges behind. A miracle that works for getting rid of nasty smells when housebreaking a new doggie.
- MULTIPLE USES: Tired of overpowering animal smells? Our dog and cat odor eliminator combats the bad kitty stench left in the litter box, dog urine in the yard, on kennel surfaces, or anywhere else the stink of pet waste is a problem.
- INCREDIBLY STRONG: Created to eliminate the toughest smells, this cat and dog odor eliminator for home can even defeat outdoor or indoor stenches filling barns, stables or other animal shelters. Note: Do not use in diffusers or directly on pets.
- COUNTLESS SURFACES: Ready to use. No mixing required!These pet supplies for dogs and cats work their magic on carpet, wood floors, concrete, tile, couch upholstery, mattress bedding, pillows, car interiors, garbage cans, driveways, and lawn grass.
- A NATURAL SMELL ELIMINATOR: Made with natural orange oil, the Angry Orange odor eliminator is a safe, friendly and citrus-smelling alternative to other carpet odor eliminators. Note: Cats & Birds may be sensitive to concentrated levels of certain ingredients.
Additional Info :