How do you treat fleas on kittens? The best home remedy for fleas on kittens under 12 weeks is to get professional help but until you do, there are things that you can do. First of all, it’s essential to know the difference between adult fleas and cat flea eggs. Adult fleas are black and about the size of a poppy seed. If you see them on your kitten, that means they’re already biting your kitten which is pretty bad because biting causes severe skin irritation for your kitty. They can also transmit cat tapeworm so as soon as you notice them, you should take action right away. Fleas are no fun for anyone. The itching and scratching make your pet unhappy and can cause an allergic reaction to your skin. Finding the best product for fleas can be a challenge, but we have researched for you to make it easy. We have discovered Home Remedies for Kitten with Fleas and tested the most popular solutions given their effectiveness, ease of use, and price.
Home Remedies For Kitten With Fleas
An effective flea-killing spray can be made from fresh lemons and water. To make the spray, simply peel a lemon and cut it in half. Squeeze the juice into a clean spray bottle and then fill the rest with water. The rinds can be placed in a bag or tied up with string, but don’t throw them away! You’ll need them later to add to your cat’s bedding area as well as her coat after she’s been sprayed down with this mixture of lemon juice and water.
The next step is to apply the lemon juice mixture directly onto your cat’s fur, working it into any areas where she may have been bitten by fleas or other insects such as ticks or mosquitoes (if you live in an area that has these). If possible, try not to get any of this mixture on your cat’s face; doing so could irritate her eyes if there is any splashing back towards them during application!
Once finished using this treatment method on your kitty friend(s), dispose of all used lemons carefully—don’t just toss them in recycling bins where small children could get hold of one while playing outside one day later down the road; instead, put each half inside plastic bags before tossing those out instead!
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a natural flea repellant. It can be added to their drinking water, which will help keep them from getting fleas in the first place.
Remember that not all cats enjoy the taste of apple cider vinegar, so be sure to check with your vet before giving it to them as a supplement. Also, if you have a cat with sensitive skin, don’t use its full strength on its fur since it could irritate its skin and lead to rashes or other problems down the road.
Garlic is a natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent, so it’s great for controlling the spread of fleas. It’s also a natural insect repellant, so it can help keep your cat from getting fleas in the first place. If you have garlic cloves on hand, chop them up and add them to your cat’s food as a supplement (don’t use raw garlic). The recommended dosage is three cloves per day for cats under ten pounds; five cloves per day for cats between 11 and 20 pounds; seven cloves per day for cats between 21–30 pounds; and nine cloves per day for cats over 30 pounds.*
- Remember: while garlic is generally safe when used in moderation, some side effects could occur if you give too much of this tasty herb to your kitty! Signs of toxicity include drooling, vomiting, lethargy, or lack of appetite—if one or more of these symptoms appear after giving your feline friend some chompers from the bulb family then call your vet immediately!
Bathing is a great way to get rid of fleas but can dry out your kitten’s skin if done too often. The best way to bathe your kitten with fleas is by using warm water and making sure to rinse well so that any flea eggs are killed off. After the bath, make sure to dry them completely with a towel or blow-dryer until their coat is no longer damp.
Try Natural Shampoos
If you’re looking for a natural approach to dealing with fleas, consider trying shampoos that contain ingredients like lemongrass, eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil, rosemary, and cedar. Some of these may be toxic in large quantities; follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
Make a Citrus Bath
Take citrus, like lemon or grapefruit, and cut it up into small pieces. Put the pieces in a pot and boil it for at least 20 minutes (you can add some water as needed). Strain out all of the pulp and use this liquid to wash your cat. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse off. You can also add a few drops of lavender oil if you want to make sure that fleas stay away from your pet after they take a bath. Citrus is great at repelling fleas because fleas don’t like strong scents!
You can also use herbs like lavender, peppermint, rosemary, and thyme to repel fleas. Combine some of these herbs with a cat-friendly shampoo or spray and bathe your kitten.
You can also make an herbal remedy using tea tree oil. This plant is known for its antifungal properties and is safe for cats when used in small amounts. Add only a few drops of tea tree oil to the water before spraying it on the affected areas of your kitten’s body (such as the neck).
Use these natural treatments for fleas on your cat.
Here are some natural treatments for fleas on your cat.
- You can use a flea comb to remove the fleas from your cat’s fur.
- You can treat the infected areas with warm water and shampoo or soapy water, which will help kill the fleas.
- If you prefer not to use chemicals, try using garlic oil! It’s safe and gentle on cats’ skin and is a great alternative to chemical pesticides when it comes to killing those critters that bite our furry friends!
- LONG LASTING CONTROL: PetArmor Home & Carpet Spray kills all stages of fleas and protects against reinfestation for up to 7 months. Kills fleas, dust mites and lice.
- PET ODOR: PetArmor Flea and Tick Home and Carpet Spray freshens and deodorizes carpets, has a clean fresh scent, and is available in a 16 oz. ounce size.
- EFFECTIVE AGAINST PESTS: PetArmor Home Powder kills brown dog ticks, fleas, and flea eggs, flea larvae, and flea pupae.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME: Find fleas or ticks on your pet? They are probably in your home. Fleas lay up to 50 eggs a day. PetArmor Home Carpet Power helps you in the fight against fleas and ticks.
- PETS ARE FAMILY: PetArmor flea and tick home products help you confidently protect your furry family member from fleas and ticks at home without a visit to the vet.
Additional Info :
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
- Controls fleas ticks and lice
- Kills fast
- Long lasting control
- Shaker top for easy application
Additional Info :
- A WORKING SOLUTION – Natural Care Flea & Tick Home Spray works with you to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. And it repels mosquitoes. Just apply it wherever the pests are found, inside and out.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – The formula uses the natural power of plant extracts, like peppermint oil and clove extract, to get the job done.
- NO STAINS – It’s safe to use on pet bedding, pillows, blankets, carpets, rugs, dras, upholstery, countertops, and so much more. And you don’t have to worry about it leaving a stain.
- SAFE TO USE – You can use it on your dogs and cats, 12 weeks and older, as directed. Since it’s a plant-based formula, it’s safe to use around the whole family.
- QUALITY – The bottle is packaged in such a way that it won’t leak when it’s shipped to you.
Additional Info :
Additional Info :