Mosquitoes are universally loved by absolutely no one. They carry diseases, they’re itchy, and a general pain in the butt. In fact, if you’ve ever dealt with mosquitoes before, you know that they’re annoying and like to bite. This is why people want to get rid of them any way possible. People often ask “how do I get rid of mosquitoes” or “how do I keep the mosquitoes away from me?” These are great questions! To answer them you’ll want to know about home remedies for mosquitoes when arriving at night time. The best ways to keep mosquitoes away and how to get rid of mosquitoes naturally are both discussed in this article. If you’re looking for a simple and effective solution to your mosquito problems, I have some good news for you. There’s a way for you to effectively stop mosquitoes from bothering you in your own home. All you have to do is use these easy home remedies for mosquitoes repellent that I’m about to show you, and it will help protect your family from the pests over the long term.
Home Remedies For Mosquitoes Repellent
Lemon Eucalyptus Oil
Lemon eucalyptus oil is one of the most popular home remedies for mosquitoes, and has been used to repel insects for centuries. The essential oil extracted from the leaves of the lemon eucalyptus tree is a natural insect repellent. It’s also anti-microbial, making it an effective treatment for warding off harmful bacteria that may be present in the air during hot summer months.
To use lemon eucalyptus oil as a mosquito deterrent:
- Place 2–3 drops of pure essential oil into a diffuser and turn on medium heat setting (or higher).
- Or place 1 drop on a cotton ball or tissue, then place near where you’ll spend most time indoors (for example: near your favorite reading chair or by an open window) so that it can disperse throughout your home.
You may also use this method outdoors if desired — just keep in mind that certain insects are attracted to sweet smells!
Citronella oil is a natural mosquito repellent and works by releasing a scent that mosquitoes don’t like.
It’s made from the leaves and stems of the lemongrass plant, which is native to India and Indonesia.
You can buy citronella oil in a concentrated form or as an essential oil. The most effective way to use it as a mosquito repellent is to burn it as a candle in your yard or on your deck when you’re outside grilling or hanging out with friends on the patio. You can also apply citronella directly onto your skin or clothes before venturing out into the wilderness so be sure to check labels for recommended amounts because some people may find them irritating if they’re used too heavily! As always, make sure you test these home remedies out before trying them on children since they may have different reactions than adults do (especially if they have sensitive skin).
Lemongrass is a perennial plant that grows to about two feet tall.
- You can use lemongrass as a mosquito repellent by crushing fresh leaves or placing dried ones in your drawers or cupboard.
- It will repel mosquitoes for up to 6 months!
- Lemongrass oil has many health benefits such as improving digestion, liver function and lowering blood pressure.
You can use neem oil, which comes from a type of tree common in India, as a mosquito repellent. The smell gives mosquitoes a headache and keeps them away. Neem is safe for people and pets alike.
Get some neem oil spray or lotion to keep on hand at home, or make your own by boiling one cup of water with five teaspoons of chopped fresh leaves from the neem tree until it’s reduced to half its size (about an hour). Put this mixture into an airtight container and store it in the fridge so it doesn’t spoil before use!
Lavender oil is a wonderful herb to treat many health problems. It has been used to treat insect bites, allergies and skin infections. In addition, it can also be used as a natural way to repel mosquitoes.
Lavender essential oil contains several components that have insect repellent properties like linalool and linalyl acetate. These two compounds make lavender oil effective in repelling mosquitoes by causing irritation when they come in contact with the skin or mucous membranes like eyes or nose.
Lavender oil can be used to reduce the risk of mosquito bites because it has been found that these compounds have repellent properties against certain species of flying insects such as fleas. This means that if you have an outdoor area where there are lots of mosquitoes flying around then adding some lavender plants will help keep them away from your house without having any harmful effects on people who live there
Basil is rich in many essential oils that can help keep mosquitoes away. It also contains camphor, which is known to be a great mosquito repellent. When applied topically, basil oil can help keep mosquitoes away.
Vinegar and Tea Tree Oil Spray
- Add white vinegar to a spray bottle with a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix well and fill it with water, then shake to combine the ingredients.
- Spray in areas where you have seen mosquitoes or expect them to be an issue (like near your front door). Use daily for best effects, replacing solution after one week if desired.
You can get rid of mosquitoes at home easily.
You can get rid of mosquitoes at home easily. Use natural remedies and essential oils to keep them away from your home. Some of the best natural remedies for mosquito repellent include Lemon Eucalyptus Oil, Citronella oil, Lemongrass, Neem oil and Lavender Oil. Basil is also an effective mosquito repellent as it has a strong smell which makes them flee from you.
You can also use other ingredients such as vinegar (1 cup), lemon juice (1 tablespoon), baking soda (½ teaspoon) and water in equal amounts to make a spray that will help keep the mosquitoes away from your skin while you are outside in the garden or lawns etc., especially during summer months when they are most active.
- This item cannot be stored in Amazon warehouses due to active ingredient storage temperature requirements.
- Do-It-Yourself Mosquito Killer
- 100% American Made
- Place 4 tubes (2 boxes) per acre on your perimeter/property line (more than 4 tubes can be used).
- SPARTAN MOSQUITO PRO TECH IS NOT AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF California, and outside the United States
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
- ANTI AGING FACE SERUM – Vitamin C blends with Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, Witch Hazel, and Jojoba Oil in an anti aging, skin brightening formula designed to improve wrinkles and dark spots
- OUR CUSTOMERS KNOW BEST – Don’t just take our word for it, see thousands of reviews from real Amazon customers rave about brighter, fresher looking skin
- PLANT-BASED FORMULATION – No added synthetic colors, fragrances, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, PEGs, or GMOs. Our active botanicals combine in a silky smooth anti-aging serum that can be used day or night.
- CERTIFIED CRUELTY FREE by Leaping Bunny, our Vitamin C facial serum is also formulated, manufactured and bottled in the USA for guaranteed freshness
- EXTENDED MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE – Love it or your money back! If for any reason you decide this product isn’t a good fit for your skin, we offer a 90-day money-back refund. The expiration date is printed on the barcode sticker attached to the packaging.
Additional Info :
- Kills mosquitoes before they’re old enough to bite
- The only product with bti, bacteria toxic only to mosquito larvae
- Lasts for 30 days and treats 100 square feet of surface water
- Non-toxic to all other wildlife , pets, fish, and humans
- Labeled for organic gardening by the usepa
Additional Info :