Have you died 200 times at night because of spiders crawling around your room? Well, you are not alone. Spiders have been known to kill people and I hear they even had a movie based on it. A lot of people go online looking for ways how to keep away spiders without harming them. There are many natural remedies you can adopt to keep spiders away permanently. Spider repellent – What works, what doesn’t. If you’ve read my spider control article on my other blog, you would have known that spiders are NOT our enemies. But if you don’t feel like reading a 1,300-word article about spiders and why you shouldn’t fear them, the main reason is that not all spiders are poisonous. So this quick guide will go over the best methods to keep spiders away from your home that works!
Home Remedies For Spider Repellent
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
Vinegar is the cheapest, easiest, and best way to get rid of spiders. It’s a common household product that you probably have on hand right now.
It’s also a strong smell that spiders hate.
Get yourself a spray bottle and fill it with vinegar. Then, spray around the areas of your home where spiders are likely to be found (under sinks, behind furniture, etc.). Cobwebs should be removed regularly as well—you can use the spray bottle for this too!
Making a homemade repellent spray
Here are some ingredients you’ll need to make a homemade repellent spray:
- Two cups of water
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil (we used olive oil because we like the way it smells, but any other kind will work fine)
- A few drops of essential oils, such as citronella or cedarwood (optional)
- A spray bottle, preferably one that can be reused
Disposing of them from your home
Spider repellents can be applied to your home or yard, but they can also be used to help with other methods of spider control. If you find a web in your home, take care of it immediately; not only will the web attract more spiders, but it may also become a place where baby spiders can grow up safely. You can use a broom or vacuum cleaner to clean up any webs that you see around the house. When cleaning out cobwebs, make sure there are no live spiders in them—if there are baby spiders left behind, they’ll just rebuild their homes right away!
When dealing with spider infestations outside of your home, getting rid of any bugs that might be hiding around is crucial as well. Check under rocks and woodpiles for any insects; get rid of anything that looks like an egg sac so that no new cockroaches will hatch from it later on down the line!
Using essential oils
- Use essential oils: Essential oils are a great natural remedy for getting rid of spiders. They have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which makes them perfect for repelling spiders. Some of the best essential oils to use include eucalyptus, lemongrass, and peppermint oil.
- How to use them: To get rid of spiders in your home using essential oils, simply mix 1 teaspoon each of lemongrass and peppermint oil with 4 drops each of eucalyptus and citronella oil in an empty spray bottle filled with water.
- How to use them in different rooms: If you only want spider repellent for one room (like the kitchen), then all you need is a few drops of peppermint oil mixed with water in an empty spray bottle filled with water; then spray it on where ever there are cobwebs or other places where you notice spiders hanging out.
Sprinkling Cinnamon powder
Sprinkling cinnamon powder
- When you have a spider problem, it’s important to apply the sprinkling cinnamon powder as soon as possible. This will help prevent the spiders from entering your home.
- You can sprinkle this around your home and anywhere else that you think spiders might be. It works great for spider mites too!
Keeping your home clean
You can also use other methods to keep the spiders out of your home. You must maintain a clean and tidy environment by keeping clutter off the floor and cleaning up any food spills as soon as possible. Vacuuming regularly will remove loose spider webs, as well as get rid of pet hair, which spiders love to eat (and can lead to an infestation).
You should seal any cracks or gaps in your walls and make sure that any vents are properly screened. This will prevent spiders from entering through these small holes in your home’s structure. Other ways to protect yourself against spiders include storing clothes inside plastic bags before storage, placing shoes inside sealed containers, washing clothes before storage, and storing dryer sheets throughout the house to deter them from settling there.
- A General Approach to Repellent Prevention
- Using Peppermint
- Using Vinegar
- Making a Homemade Repellent Spray
- Disposing of Them from Your Home
A final step is to make sure that your home is as clean and free from clutter as possible, so spiders do not have any place to hide or build webs. This includes having an organized kitchen, keeping the floors vacuumed regularly, and making sure there are no holes in the wall where spiders can enter your house.
- Bye ants & roaches, bye harsh chemicals; effective essential oil-powered indoor spray, without harsh chemicals or nasty odors
- Intended for indoor use
- Safe around children and pets when used as directed
- Hard working with a fresh scent that actually smells good; each bottle is 16.9 oz
- Manufactured in the USA
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pet-safe insect spray kills and repels indoor pests and keeps your home pest-free. Kills flying, crawling, biting and stinging pests including ants, roaches, spiders, flies, fleas, ticks, wasps, scorpions, mosquitoes, fruit flies, silverfish, moths, gnats, carpet beetles, earwigs, palmetto bugs, waterbugs.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME. This versatile bug control spray is also an indoor flea treatment and flea killer for your home. It kills fleas in carpet, furniture, bedding and flooring, and eliminates adults, eggs, and larvae in the home without staining.
- SAFE FOR DOGS & CATS. Pet-friendly, this spray is gentle enough to use several times a week around your loved ones, throughout the house, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests and provide lasting defense of your household from invading insects.
- PLANT-BASED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Using natural essential oils, this spray is a safe alternative to electronic bug zappers, lights, traps, powders, granules and conventional pesticides. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh chemicals. Biodegradable. Cruelty-Free.
- EASY-TO-USE. This eco-friendly biopesticide can be sprayed easily around the home, throughout the kitchen, bathroom, and any other living areas. Simply spray around windows, doors, baseboards, under sinks, in cabinets, and around appliances. Works great for dog kennels and cat condos, too! Spray as often as desired for a pest-free home. Made in the USA from naturally-derived ingredients and safe around children. Safe when used as directed.
Additional Info :
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
- Easy to Use – Just plug the electronic pest control ultrasonic repellent in power sockets; It will start to repel the pests when the blue light on
- More Safe for Child & Pets – Ultrasonic sound is inaudible to humans and household pets,environmental friendly alternative to dangerous poisons and Sprayers, chemicals and traps, no bad smell and Corpses
- Simple In Use & With Blue Night Light – To install our Ultrasonic Pest Repellent you just need to plug it into an electric Outlet. When the blue LED Night Light comes on, that means that the Device is working & this ultrasonic Rodent & Insect Repellent has started to drive Pests out from your Walls, Floors, Cellars & Attics
- Large Coverage & Silent Operation– This Ultrasonic Pest Control operates silently so you can calmly set it up in a child’s Room, a Bedroom or a Guest Room. Pest Repeller can effectively cover & control Area of up to 800~1200 Ft2 per Device. Installing 1 Device per Room is recommended. Note that Ultrasonic Waves can’t go through solid Material & Walls, so don’t place Furniture or any other Objects in front of it & keep Doors & Windows closed, to allow ultrasonic Waves to expand & work
- Noiseless – The ultrasonic waves that this repeller sends are far beyond the hearing range of human-beings. Enjoy a peaceful & pest-free tight sleep without any concerns for noise, keep your family have a good sleep form the noise
Additional Info :
- NATURALLY REPEL PESTS – A patented encapsulation process combines the ultra-powerful combination of essential oils in a convenient to use pouch form, proven to repel a multitude of different pests. Cedar, Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Mint, and Peppermint oil create the ultimate pest control barrier. Proven safe mouse repellent for indoor and outdoor use.
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION – Our 12 PACK of Pest Control Pouches last from 6 months to 1 year. Place in a small-enclosed area to repel Rats, Mice, Spiders, Silverfish, Roaches, Ants, Pantry Moth, Snakes, Squirrels, and dozens of other pests. Contains a powerful amount of peppermint oil to repel mice and rats. Works like magic as a squirrel repellent to keep them out of your attic and basement.
- NO MESS, EASY TO USE – Simply place 1 odorant pouch in any enclosed space up to 10 cubic feet to deter pests from intrusion or nesting. Perfect for closets, pantries, vehicles, RV, practically anywhere. Great rodent repellent for car engines that keep rats and mice from chewing on your engine’s wiring and cables.
- SAFE AND ECONOMICAL – Pest Block Pest Control Pouches are the safe alternative to chemicals and poison. The clean fresh smell of 100% pure essential oils repel pests & are always safe around you and your family. The perfect alternative to a Mouse Trap, Rat Trap, Rat poison, Roach Killer, Insect Killer, Moth Trap, Moth Balls, or Pest Repeller. 1 Pouch ALL PESTS.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Try Our Pest Control Pouches 100% Risk-Free for 60 days and if you are not absolutely satisfied with the pest repelling results, we will immediately refund your entire purchase.
Additional Info :